collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay prices  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay prices
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 07:13:34 PM »
If things don't sell at the inflated prices, the prices will drop.  Part of the reason I prefer auctions to buy it now...too many people price BIN items wayyyyy too high, in the hopes someone will be desperate.  When I sell, I like auctions, so things sell for what the market is currently supporting.
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 01:53:54 AM »

I don't know about other generations, and tbh I haven't been on ebay a lot lately. But I would say the prices are inconsistent rather than excessive.

Thanks for your input Taffeta. Can you just clarify, do you mean that you feel G1 prices are inconsistent rather than excessive, or the other gens? I think you mean the other gens but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Post Merge: May 11, 2021, 05:37:05 AM

I've seen some stuff going for quite high prices recently. I think that there are fewer items around in really excellent condition now so it's that end of the market where I'm now paying around 15-20% more than I would have expected 2 years ago. The only thing we can do is look after our items carefully with correct storage - no moisture or dirt, stable temperature and humidity, wrap in acid free tissue paper, limit contact with other types of plastic, allow air flow. I know it can be hard to achieve but it will pay off in the long run. I guess we could also be more active in buying and selling to each other here since there are no fees! Facebook creeps me out so I'm otherwise stuck with Ebay.

That's a good point about curating our collections properly. We need to treat them as valuable collectibles as well as the lovely toys that they are. After all, we are only custodians of these items - ultimately they will pass through many more hands after our own and who knows what demand for them will be like 20, 50 or 100 years from now...

I'm trying to go through them and restore them as best I can and as minimally as possible (often only washing them), and I check them all regularly which allows them to air out...

I tried Facebook for the first time recently, for Nirvana ponies. I must say that I'm finding it frustrating as half the time people don't respond to my messages, even when you're offering to buy something!  :shocked: I might have to stick to Ebay too...  >_<

Just a heads up, if you're not friends with someone on Facebook, your message will go into the 'others' folder - and unless you have the messenger app, you never get any kind of notification that someone is trying to contact you! I've found missing messages weeks, even years late! When I see items for sale I want, I'll usually send a message, then leave a comment on the post like, "@name, I'm interested in buying this, I'm sending you a message about it!" That way, they get that 'ping' on their activity!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2021, 05:50:17 AM »
Just a heads up, if you're not friends with someone on Facebook, your message will go into the 'others' folder - and unless you have the messenger app, you never get any kind of notification that someone is trying to contact you! I've found missing messages weeks, even years late! When I see items for sale I want, I'll usually send a message, then leave a comment on the post like, "@name, I'm interested in buying this, I'm sending you a message about it!" That way, they get that 'ping' on their activity!

Ah, I didn't realise that! That would explain a lot... Thanks!  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2021, 09:53:09 AM »

Ah, I didn't realise that! That would explain a lot... Thanks!  :lol:

I’m happy to help! Ain’t technology grand? :rofl:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal