Pretty Poppy

(1/4) > >>

Griffin:
Finished something! :cheer:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pretty Poppy by Haawan, on Flickr
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pretty Poppy, 2021 by Haawan, on Flickr

This custom started out as a personal challenge. The Rainbow Game and other showcase threads made me realise I'd never done a red pony before. I came pretty close last year with my swap pony for Roogna, but a deep burgundy was the best I could produce at that time.  :P So I wanted to try again, this time making proper plans around a red scheme. The colour is still rather dark but at least it's undoubtedly red this time. :lol: Since there was no need to stick to a monochrome theme, I gave her dark brown points and green eyes. Her symbols came out a bit too dark but I didn't feel like adding a white outline and couldn't think of another way to make them pop. They look fine in daylight but are difficult to photograph. Next time around I'll have to try something bolder. :D

Oh yeah, and her hair is wild. Note to self, don't mix different types of synthetic hair... The green is polypropylene, the rest is nylon. I wanted her to have loose curls so I didn't boil the hair, simply wrapped it when it was wet. Which would be fine with nylon, but the poly doesn't hold the curl at all...

Thanks for looking! Questions, comments, constructive criticism welcome :hug:

BlackCurtains:
She's absolutely beautiful! I love her freckles. The symbol is a bit dark but it still looks great!

Kanthaka:
She's stunning! I really like the overall darkness with just the freckles and eyes popping out -- there's something very elegant about it. I also the way the poppies come up out of the leg gradient.

Ponybookworm:
She's still gorgeous Griffin xxx

Griffin:
Thank you :grouphug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version