collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl's 35th anniversary re-release  (Read 5931 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: American Girl's 35th anniversary re-release
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 07:04:55 AM »
Huh...that was weird. I still had the browser open in another tab on my phone (bad habit...I have like 30 open browsers of stuff I look at that I'm too lazy to go back to try to find again!), so I clicked over and saw that they were still pictured as missing, but when I refreshed it they were there. Maybe AG was doing some maintenance on their site yesterday or something. I'm glad they still have them. I have my childhood Kirsten still, but is it weird that I want another brand-new one too?

Your Addy is gorgeous! I hope to get her someday. I only sort of recently started collecting AG again, and want them ALL. I recently picked up 2 NIB Just Like You dolls (I think that's what they're called?) at a yard sale for $40 each, but it's the historical dolls I'm really after.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 12:02:14 PM »
I'm so happy Kirsten isn't sold out.  I really want her but can't get her yet.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »
This photo however, does remind me that I have 2 Felicity dolls, a Sam, 2 Josefina's and 3 Addy dolls.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2021, 01:09:46 PM »
I would really love to get Felicity, I think she's the one I would want the most out of these, but she's the one that's sold out until September. That's encouraging to me, because it tells me that not only do they plan to have more then, but they plan on keeping these available at least that long. Maybe by then I can afford to get her!

I had Kirsten, and my sisters had Molly and Samantha. Then when Felicity came out a year or 2 later, my youngest sister got her for Christmas in addition to her Samantha. We never really understood why she got to have 2, but man, she was a pretty doll!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2021, 03:52:45 PM »
Huh...that was weird. I still had the browser open in another tab on my phone (bad habit...I have like 30 open browsers of stuff I look at that I'm too lazy to go back to try to find again!), so I clicked over and saw that they were still pictured as missing, but when I refreshed it they were there. Maybe AG was doing some maintenance on their site yesterday or something. I'm glad they still have them. I have my childhood Kirsten still, but is it weird that I want another brand-new one too?

I know that it depends what page you’re on for them. Molly and Kirsten are not mentioned under the historical dolls page, probably because they weren’t being currently offered but they are under the 35th rerelease page.

I really want to get Addy and possibly Josefina. I really, really want the #88 doll with blue and pink hair. She’s gorgeous!  They even have boy and bald dolls now!

I have my Samantha doll from childhood, then got Nellie, Felicity, Elizabeth and Kirsten when they discontinued them. I need to devise a way to display them. Rebecca and Mary Ellen I would like eventually and Caroline. My niece has Caroline but I don’t think she was very popular. My grandma has Molly and mom has Kit I will likely end up with those some day too.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 01:19:54 AM »
I have my childhood Kirsten still, but is it weird that I want another brand-new one too?

Its not weird at all! I know some people are really against duplicates in their collections, but if that's what you want I see nothing wrong with it. I already had a PC Addy before ordering the 35th and I have 3 Kaya dolls. I'm planning to add at least 3-5+ more Kayas to my collection over time too. Duplicates are my thing  :happy:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: American Girl\'s 35th anniversary re-release
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 05:30:42 AM »

I know that it depends what page you’re on for them. Molly and Kirsten are not mentioned under the historical dolls page, probably because they weren’t being currently offered but they are under the 35th rerelease page.

I really want to get Addy and possibly Josefina. I really, really want the #88 doll with blue and pink hair. She’s gorgeous!  They even have boy and bald dolls now!

I have my Samantha doll from childhood, then got Nellie, Felicity, Elizabeth and Kirsten when they discontinued them. I need to devise a way to display them. Rebecca and Mary Ellen I would like eventually and Caroline. My niece has Caroline but I don’t think she was very popular. My grandma has Molly and mom has Kit I will likely end up with those some day too.

I'm surprised Caroline wasn't more popular, she was so pretty! My stepdaughter had her; that Christmas she got 2 AG dolls, Kit from us and Caroline from her mom. She brought the Caroline doll over to our house and wanted me to fix its hair. Ugh it was the biggest rat's nest I'd ever seen! I spent a total of 6 hours, split between 2 weekends, detangling it. It looked great once I was done, but man. We had gotten Rebecca for my older stepdaughter, who always took really good care of her things

Maryellen and Julie are also on my want list, but I'll probably look for Julie on the secondhand market, since I don't like her new Beforeever meet outfit.

I have mixed feelings about the new dolls with unnatural colors of hair...I think I might have to see one in person before I decide. I wish I could have pink and blue hair that looked like that! Don't think it would turn out like that on me though, haha.

I could talk about AG dolls forever...I wonder if there is enough interest for a general thread about them on here.

Post Merge: May 16, 2021, 05:41:10 AM

I have my childhood Kirsten still, but is it weird that I want another brand-new one too?

Its not weird at all! I know some people are really against duplicates in their collections, but if that's what you want I see nothing wrong with it. I already had a PC Addy before ordering the 35th and I have 3 Kaya dolls. I'm planning to add at least 3-5+ more Kayas to my collection over time too. Duplicates are my thing  :happy:

I didn't used to see the point of having duplicates unless it's a variation or something, until I saw a Kirsten for sale online a while back that looked like she had shiny hair. Mine never had shiny hair, even when new, and it is a little frizzy with split ends, even on the bangs. Not sure why, since I got her when I was 13 and therefore didn't 'play' with her much, and in fact have never even taken her original braids out. I called AG a few years back about getting her hair replaced at the doll hospital, but they said they'd have to replace the whole head, if they even still had a Kirsten head left to replace it with, and I didn't think I could bring myself to do that. I was ecstatic when I saw the 35th anniversary release...I could keep mine as original, but get a brand-new Kirsten with nice hair, too! So, I can appreciate the duplicates now!  :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 05:41:10 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2021, 11:27:06 AM »
I always thought Caroline was pretty too but AG did seem to retire her pretty fast.

I hope I'll be able to get a Kirsten.

Ponyfan

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »
Omg you guys! My mom and I spent 3 hours organizing all our AG stuff for storage in her basement. Didn’t realize how busy she’s been collecting the last decade lol. I believe that I have most of Samantha’s collection, at least half of Felicity’s, Kirsten’s, and maybe Molly’s (minus actually having Molly). Mom’s got a small collection of Kit going and started on Julie too. There’s quite a bit of AG Today/Truly Me etc thrown in too. Was amazing. She just kept pulling out totes of things. Would love to be able to display it all someday.

Does anyone here display? I used to have a corner in my bedroom for Samantha as a kid but that’s about it.

Do you guys keep everything in the boxes it came in new? We do if we got it that way.

Do you read the books or just collect the dolls? My goal is to read every historical character in order.

"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 09:07:17 PM »
Omg you guys! My mom and I spent 3 hours organizing all our AG stuff for storage in her basement. Didn’t realize how busy she’s been collecting the last decade lol. I believe that I have most of Samantha’s collection, at least half of Felicity’s, Kirsten’s, and maybe Molly’s (minus actually having Molly). Mom’s got a small collection of Kit going and started on Julie too. There’s quite a bit of AG Today/Truly Me etc thrown in too. Was amazing. She just kept pulling out totes of things. Would love to be able to display it all someday.

Does anyone here display? I used to have a corner in my bedroom for Samantha as a kid but that’s about it.

Do you guys keep everything in the boxes it came in new? We do if we got it that way.

Do you read the books or just collect the dolls? My goal is to read every historical character in order.

I don't have any displays yet. My husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told him some IKEA Billy bookcases. I found them used on craigslist and showed them to him; I had them with ponies in mind, but I thought I could leave a couple of the shelves spaced apart more for my AG stuff. He liked the idea of the bookcases because he is tired of my ponies monopolizing the entire bathroom linen closet, but didn't like the IKEA ones I picked out. He says they aren't 'real furniture' and keeps showing me pictures of big, heavy vintage-style bookcases that people are giving away for free or cheap. We just both have different ideas of what is aesthetic to us, so I guess we are at an impasse. I would have bought them myself, but I have no way of lifting/transporting them without the use of a truck/additional muscle. Oh well. Boxes and linen closet it is for now.

I do keep the original boxes, if it came in one. I have my original Kirsten's burgandy PC box and the one for her bed

I read all the Kirsten, Samantha, Molly and Felicity books when I was a kid...I should see if my mom still has them. We bought the Rebecca books for my stepdaughter when we gave her her doll, and she let me read those. I believe I've read Kit's first book as well.

I've only recently been getting back into AG, so I only have my childhood Kirsten, a JLY #53 I picked up brand new but super cheap recently, and a Gotz Little Sister (Tess). Julie and Maryellen are next up on my want list.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 07:28:23 PM »
I have vague memories of reading Samantha's and Kirsten's books when I was a child.

I have Samatha's and Kirsten's box sets from just before BeForever launched.  I also have Rebecca's Nanae's Mary Ellen's and Felicity's "classic" books (the 2 volume set ones).  One day I hope I'll find time to read them.  I've looked at Courtney's books and might get them also.

I checked Kohl's today hoping I might find some AG things but there were none.

Ponyfan

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2021, 02:44:47 PM »
Went garage sale shopping today, and the first one I went to had a book containing all the Felicity stories for $3. Since it was only the first house and I had a whole day ahead of me and only so much cash, I skipped it. The whole day bombed; I didn't find anything else I wanted, and wish I had picked up the book. Oh well.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2021, 03:15:32 PM »
Felicity and Addy are sold out and "no longer available."

Ponyfan

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2021, 11:05:39 PM »
Felicity and Addy are sold out and "no longer available."

Ponyfan
Well that sucks. Addy was the one that I wanted the most.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2021, 06:01:52 PM »
I'm not surprised Addy went fast, she's beautiful.

My Josefina arrived earlier this week and she's absolutely stunning!

Unfortunately her hair is a mess. It looks like some of it isn't long enough to stay in the braid, which is frustrating. I'm not sure if its a defect or not since I haven't heard anyone else mention it. I'm still deciding if I want to try for a replacement or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal