collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Poof 'n Puff Perfume Palace

have set
17 (37%)
want set
5 (10.9%)
accessories, man I need 'em
8 (17.4%)
pass today
16 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: May 05, 2021, 01:47:21 PM

Author Topic: POTD 4/30/2021 Poof 'n Puff Perfume Palace  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: POTD 4/30/2021 Poof 'n Puff Perfume Palace
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 10:51:13 AM »
YES! I love the PPP. I'm only missing the pink necklace and two of the mesh scarves. I like the idea that it's like a a pop-up shop as in it pops up like a mushroom wherever a dash of glamour is required, then disappears again.

It didn't come with any ponies but it suits so well some of the later sets like the Perfume Puff Ponies, Dance and Prance Ponies and the Prom Queen Sweetheart Sisters. I like the fact that it's small because it looks very striking but doesn't take up too much space. That said, the sets I mention have a lot of accessories so maybe the PPP needs some more storage space! I only have Daisy Sweet and Sweet Suds. My sister has Tap Dancer with most of the accessories, but decided to keep her.

My sister gave me her PPP; to be honest I think she could have put the stickers on a little straighter in places but I'm glad to own her childhood set. I was thinking of adding the ribbon stand from the Perm Shoppe as an extra.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 11:59:26 AM »
I was confused about why the name would be controversial at first - yeah, that word is not used as a slur very often over here. Mostly it's used for those things you scrub yourself with in the bath/shower (I think loofa is an alternate name?). To me the US name just sounds like a smoke shop/hookah place.

I generally love playsets and want this one for completionism's sake, but I find it pretty lame. It reminds me of G4 playsets, what with calling a wall a "palace". The bathtub takes up the whole wall, too, so you can't even put your ponies inside the room itself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 01:31:46 PM »
To me the US name just sounds like a smoke shop/hookah place.

:silly: It really does.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 02:00:43 PM »
I have the palace itself but it has no accessories.  I acquired it in a weird way.  About 15 years ago, a friend of my then-boyfriend was cleaning out abandoned houses and found a stash of vintage MLP ponies and accessories.  This was among them.  I had to deep clean them because they were filthy but it was an awesome and unexpected find. I wish I could tell the child who they belonged to that the ponies have a loving home. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2021, 11:25:33 AM »
To me the US name just sounds like a smoke shop/hookah place.

:silly: It really does.

Oh dear xDD I think that somehow makes it worse.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 05:33:47 PM »
I have it just not alot of the accessories. I think it is cute. I love the perfume dispenser at the top. :)

Offline Star_Warrior

• Trade Count: (+195)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • The White Horse
    • View Profile
    • Night Hawk
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 10:49:22 PM »
Have the complete set plus a second MIB. Not a fan of the name, but I'm a self-confessed hard core G1 collector that has to have every bit of every pony, play set and accessory pack. Leave no ribbon, sticker or back card behind!  :lol:

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »
I don't have this anymore, but it was part of my childhood collection. I still have the green hat, purple boa, and that blue scarf even though I'm pretty sure it's all knotted up. Out of all the play sets I had, this was probably my least favorite. For one thing, it didn't even come with its own pony! When I played with it, Dainty Dahlia was the proprietor of the shop. Looking back, I wasn't sure what the point of this play set was since there was also the Perm Shoppe which came out before this one and it was the better (IMO) beauty shop for the ponies. Well, obviously the point was to make money and I guess it worked because I sure wanted it when I was a kid!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 11:59:43 PM »
I don't have this anymore, but it was part of my childhood collection. I still have the green hat, purple boa, and that blue scarf even though I'm pretty sure it's all knotted up. Out of all the play sets I had, this was probably my least favorite. For one thing, it didn't even come with its own pony! When I played with it, Dainty Dahlia was the proprietor of the shop. Looking back, I wasn't sure what the point of this play set was since there was also the Perm Shoppe which came out before this one and it was the better (IMO) beauty shop for the ponies. Well, obviously the point was to make money and I guess it worked because I sure wanted it when I was a kid!

I never got into the Perm Shoppe, I do remember perms were all the rage when I was in my early teens, but I tried playing with the set and I think it was a bit too 'every day' for me.

For some reason I love the ribbon rack though and want to get an army!

Here's the catalogue photo of the PPP just becasue I think this set needs more love... Dainty Dhalia is really lovely. Sweet Suds is still quite an attainable pony too.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:05:37 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2021, 07:03:40 AM »
The Crimp & Curl Hair Salon (US: Perm Shoppe) was one of the two playsets I wanted as a kid which I never had. THe other was PE but a friend of mine did have that so I did get to play with it. I agree it's a better set than the PPP. And it comes with a pony. I am not even sure why I have my own PPP because sister had one from new as a kid - I only know that I do because there are 2 in the attic and one of them isn't hers ;)

I remember it being advertised in the comic, though I was really slow on realising that the ponies shown had poofy hair because it looks so soft in the photo. This is not the best image ever but this is the advert:

And the text...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2021, 05:50:06 AM »
Thank you that's lovely!

Offline fuzzysherbet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2021, 05:05:06 AM »
It's a pretty cool set! Not really into collecting playsets though, so I'll pass.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »
I have a non US one with the box, I think it is the Spanish one as the Mexican one would have come with confetti.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2021, 03:30:05 AM »
I have a non US one with the box, I think it is the Spanish one as the Mexican one would have come with confetti.

That's a fun fact! I'm curious to know what the story would be if it's Confetti's palace!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2021, 08:50:51 AM »
I've always heard it be called the Perfume Puff Palace.  This was the first time I've ever heard it be called Poof n Puff. That name is stupid.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal