collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How does one go about restoring G4 pony/EG hair?  (Read 848 times)

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
How does one go about restoring G4 pony/EG hair?
« on: April 27, 2021, 06:57:09 AM »
I got a new shelf for my room which means I can finally display my ponies and EG's again after they've had to spend the last year in a bag in my closet! But I've noticed that my 2010 wave 1 Mane 6's hair has become a little frazzled. Rainbow Dash has nothing but split ends and the bangs don't lay as flat as they once did. My EG's are a nightmare overall, they all have horrifying hair and I want to display them alongside their pony counterparts. I saw a video of a girl restoring her 2000's Sailor Moon dolls and I want to do the same for my MLP's, I'm just not entirely sure what type of hair they use and how to properly handle them. I'm going to wash the skirts from my EG's to make them nice again (it'll probably take the glitter off oh well) but I want to be safe with my ponies because I'm aware of how rare they are. Any help is appreciated, I might take some before and after pics as well. Thank you!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: How does one go about restoring G4 pony/EG hair?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 11:22:35 AM »
Not sure about EQG, but I more or less follow the instructions in the DerpyDerp910 video about defrizzing. I just use a straightening iron instead of a curler.
This is for what I think is Poly hair? But I've used similar methods on nylon as well. I think EQG will have either poly or nylon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 03:51:25 PM »
Not sure about EQG, but I more or less follow the instructions in the DerpyDerp910 video about defrizzing. I just use a straightening iron instead of a curler.
This is for what I think is Poly hair? But I've used similar methods on nylon as well. I think EQG will have either poly or nylon.
Thank you! I'll test this method out! I have some spare Pinkie and Twilight's for both pony and EG's I'll be willing to use as sacrifices test subjects. I'll take before and after pictures once everything is sorted out.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 04:23:47 PM »
Good luck. :) The only big mess-up I've done so far is melting a reboot Starlight Glimmer's hair a bit because I think her lotion had evaporated and there was no protection from the heat. Poly hair is more suspect to heat damage than nylon, IIRC...nylon is quite the beast.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 09:06:47 PM »
before heating their hair i would suggest trying just a rinse and condition instead:

- rinsing in warm water (get any dust out)
- apply conditioner while wet (human hair conditioner even the dollar store stuff works)
- comb it through.  start with a wide tooth comb and move up to smaller teeth.
- rinse most of the conditioner out. 
- do a final comb through.  let dry.

you could also put small curlers in and let them dry.

good luck and
post pics!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 05:52:41 AM by gabumon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal