collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Munchy

have her
18 (38.3%)
want her
22 (46.8%)
new to me
1 (2.1%)
pass today
6 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: April 25, 2021, 05:57:10 AM

Author Topic: POTD 4/20/2021 Munchy  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 4/20/2021 Munchy
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2021, 06:20:14 AM »
I love her. She cracks me up. :lol: Would love to own her one day but I'm not currently after her.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 09:27:07 AM »
I don't own Munchy but I like her.  I probably won't be able to afford her asking price though. 

Her US backcard story always amuses me.  From the wiki:

After the last baseball game of the season, Munchy called the ponies together to give them a special surprise. "Follow me!" she cried, leading them to a pile of baseball bats and baseballs. When she wiggled her nose, the bats burst into hot dogs, and the balls turned into bags of french fries! "This is better than a home run!" Slugger cheered, biting into his third hot dog!

Ponyfan

Dang. Slugger just horks them down doesn't he?

Since they are magic hotdogs and fries maybe Slugger can't resist having more. :D

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2021, 08:37:10 AM »
Absolutely dying at all of the 4/20 jokes in here  :lol:

I love Munchy! She's so silly and I'd love to own her one day.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2021, 11:14:40 AM »
My sister has her, but I don't.

The symbol thing has always been a big ?? for me too. I think we have to assume they're vegan or at the very least vegetarian, because otherwise...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2021, 11:30:31 AM »
I went ahead and made a design for a " beverage" version of her, I hope I can make the time to actually make her as a custom. 

I know many people in the thread are at a loss as to Munchy's symbols but 1) many ponies have symbols that have nothing to do with ponies so I don't know why Munchy gets singled out and 2) horses and ponies can and will eat meat as a treat (if I recall, large amounts of it isn't good for them though.  So Slugger might want to slow down!).
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2021, 11:53:30 AM »
  horses and ponies can and will eat meat as a treat (if I recall, large amounts of it isn't good for them though.  So Slugger might want to slow down!).

Back when I still had horses, I once fed a piece of my gas station hotdog to my Arabian and he was very much a fan  :lol: they will eat just about anything, though it's obviously not the healthiest thing to give them.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2021, 12:05:51 PM »
I went ahead and made a design for a " beverage" version of her, I hope I can make the time to actually make her as a custom. 

I know many people in the thread are at a loss as to Munchy's symbols but 1) many ponies have symbols that have nothing to do with ponies so I don't know why Munchy gets singled out and 2) horses and ponies can and will eat meat as a treat (if I recall, large amounts of it isn't good for them though.  So Slugger might want to slow down!).

Can I see your design?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
2) horses and ponies can and will eat meat as a treat (if I recall, large amounts of it isn't good for them though.  So Slugger might want to slow down!).

To be fair, I have heard stories like this before. One was about two young boys during the Great Depression who had a very well fed horse but nobody could consider why he was better fed than the humans of the family were. And then the father saw the horse open the top of the chicken coop and chow down on some eggs. xD

The second story I can think of is that supposedly long ago, Mongolian army warriors would teach their horses to subsist on yak's blood when on long journeys or food rations were low. Can't verify this one but it's something to think about.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2021, 10:57:25 PM »
My sister has her, but I don't.

The symbol thing has always been a big ?? for me too. I think we have to assume they're vegan or at the very least vegetarian, because otherwise...
That's my assumption, that she makes veggie burgers & veggie sausages. I know they exist, & I love them (especially veggie sausages)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal