collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 38612 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
I really hope we get some exact dates really soon. We don't have any of those stores around here, BUT I'll be visiting North Carolina for two days next month, and I'd be absolutely giddy if I could pop into Cracker Barrel and pick up some ponies in person :lol:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2021, 07:40:30 AM »
There IS a cracker barrel near me...there is hope yet for finding Lickety Split and finishing off the set!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline littletulula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • what am i doing
    • View Profile
    • My Art Portfolio
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
With toys being non-essential items during corona AND all the crazy heat waves (That put out the power in the USA, Europe and also China) it's not a super big surprise that the TE gets delayed.
They're a more complicated pony (more complex than anything they did yet) with extra steps so any delay or problem would affect them more than others too.
I'm not shocked but it's still a little disappointing...BUT they're still coming!
It's just a delay!
Spring of 2022 will get here eventually and I will be lining up to grab them. Also, maybe this could help them line up more retailers or something? Did we ever find out where they were planning to sell them now that Target did whatever?

Meh. My boyfriend collects Transformers and they're absolutely popping off. Always a new toy coming out, and they're definitely more complex than TE ponies. I wish Hasbro would put as much care into marketing and selling the g1 ponies as they put into Transformers. I guess MLP just isn't as popular as Transformers.

Signature drawn by me! www.july.gay
Commissions are open! Check my Website for details

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2021, 06:51:05 PM »
With toys being non-essential items during corona AND all the crazy heat waves (That put out the power in the USA, Europe and also China) it's not a super big surprise that the TE gets delayed.
They're a more complicated pony (more complex than anything they did yet) with extra steps so any delay or problem would affect them more than others too.
I'm not shocked but it's still a little disappointing...BUT they're still coming!
It's just a delay!
Spring of 2022 will get here eventually and I will be lining up to grab them. Also, maybe this could help them line up more retailers or something? Did we ever find out where they were planning to sell them now that Target did whatever?

Meh. My boyfriend collects Transformers and they're absolutely popping off. Always a new toy coming out, and they're definitely more complex than TE ponies. I wish Hasbro would put as much care into marketing and selling the g1 ponies as they put into Transformers. I guess MLP just isn't as popular as Transformers.

My husband has a massive Transformers collection. So I hear you on the constant releases. That being said though, there are big differences between what is going on with Transformers verses G1 MLP.

1) Hasbro actually did not invent Transformers. The Japanese toy company Takara did. Takara originally was (and still is) the producer of Transformers in Japan, and they design much of the engineering for Transformers toys. Hasbro imported these products to the US back in the 80's and rebranded them as "Transformers".  Hasbro over the years has continued to import these products made by Takara to the US as "Transformers" branded toys and the two companies have been working together since then. There have been many Transformer toys over the years that were only released by Takara in Japan because Hasbro did not agree to import them into the US or other markets.

2) Hasbro is NOT making the Retro G1 MLP. The toy company Basic Fun is. Hasbro is licensing the ability to use the image/namesake/mold shape/etc to the Basic Fun toy company. Ultimately, it is up to Basic Fun to decide what gets made, what does not and when it comes out.

3)Hasbro is a large toy company with some very established toy lines and has a heavy presence in physical retail stores, various online stores and has their own online store "Hasbro Pulse" (for sales and pre-orders of certain product lines). This allows a wide variety of distribution and product sales opportunities. Basic Fun on the other hand is known as a smaller toy company that makes novelty and retro toys. (It may also be worth mentioning that the toy company "Basic Fun" has come out of multiple mergers of smaller toy companies over the years). From their own home page they state: "We are leaders in toy production and distribution with a focus on collectibles, small dolls, retro toys, pre-school, vehicles, youth electronics, science toys and construction."

Why bring that last part up? Because it matters in regards to product availability and distribution. Less pathways for distribution = less product created. Losing Target is a big hit. Target was the only national retailer that was carrying the MLP Retro line. They are either going to have to find another national retailer to pick up that gap, or try to re-negotiate with Target. Personally, I think they should utilize their Amazon store, but for some reason they don't with the retro MLP.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 06:54:08 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Rainribbon31

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2021, 03:49:18 PM »
What's Blain Supply?

I wonder if it's some connection to Blaine's Farm and Fleet. We have those here. I'm not sure if they carry toys year-round, but they have a really awesome holiday toy department that opens up around Thanksgiving. It's the kind of thing they would carry, I think; they carry a lot of stuff that isn't available anywhere else.

Hi everybody, LadyAmalthea seems to be right. I've been watching their website.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1371385-my-little-pony-retro-classic-rainbow-pony-assortment.html

Coming Soon could be either Oct. 1 or Spring 2022, but either way, if you have a Farm & Fleet near you it's worth popping in!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2021, 09:20:42 PM »
Every time I look at these, Skyrocket looks more and more appealing to me, even though I've never really been interested in her before.  Is anyone else feeling this?

Also I kind of want to get a Gingerbread just for customization purposes, is that wrong...?
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2021, 03:25:03 PM »
What's Blain Supply?

I wonder if it's some connection to Blaine's Farm and Fleet. We have those here. I'm not sure if they carry toys year-round, but they have a really awesome holiday toy department that opens up around Thanksgiving. It's the kind of thing they would carry, I think; they carry a lot of stuff that isn't available anywhere else.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1371385-my-little-pony-retro-classic-rainbow-pony-assortment.html

Coming Soon could be either Oct. 1 or Spring 2022, but either way, if you have a Farm & Fleet near you it's worth popping in!

Oh, cool!! I was thinking that lead was a bust and had felt kind of dumb for posting it back when I did...maybe Blain Supply is a parent company or something. I'm excited that Farm & Fleet might carry them!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2021, 01:31:46 PM »
What's Blain Supply?

Oh, cool!! I was thinking that lead was a bust and had felt kind of dumb for posting it back when I did...maybe Blain Supply is a parent company or something. I'm excited that Farm & Fleet might carry them!

Could have also been a misspelling. That does sometimes happen.

EDIT:
Apparently some UK toy store is having a giveaway.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVKzkoUoaYg/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:48:51 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2021, 04:55:43 PM »
Huh, Wigwam Toys, never heard of them. Neat! Good to see the TEs are out somewhere.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2021, 01:06:49 PM »
Sounds like they're not out but they have some advance product.

It would be that one they show, with that annoying name. Oh well...

Nice to think they are coming here at least. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2021, 05:18:12 PM »
I had to run some errands today and I passed a Cracker Barrel so I went in real quick to look for ponies...no new twinkle eye ponies, just Sparkler and Gusty.  The wait continues.  Meanwhile local Meijers still have lots of the Posey set.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2021, 06:28:26 PM »
I had the full set but sold them all off! I thought they were done making these!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2021, 06:01:09 PM »
I checked Cracker Barrel & Farm & Fleet today, still nada but I did see the basic fun care bears and strawberry shortcakes have been stocked so perhaps soon?
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Rainribbon31

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2021, 06:28:30 AM »
A family member spoke with an employee at Farm & Fleet yesterday and was told the TEs aren't showing up in their warehouse inventory, which means they're sitting on a ship somewhere. According to this F&F person, many of their Christmas toys are still out there and might not arrive until March. I also called a F&F and was basically told the same thing.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2021, 12:38:34 PM »
A family member spoke with an employee at Farm & Fleet yesterday and was told the TEs aren't showing up in their warehouse inventory, which means they're sitting on a ship somewhere. According to this F&F person, many of their Christmas toys are still out there and might not arrive until March. I also called a F&F and was basically told the same thing.

What I wonder is, if I remember correctly, F&F only carry toys for the Christmas shopping season (since I don't live near one at all.) What happens if they can't get them in time for Christmas? Do they put them into a warehouse until next year, send them back to Basic Fun, or do they get unloaded onto discount retailers like TJ Maxx and Marshall's?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal