collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Child Crimes Against Ponies!  (Read 3194 times)

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Child Crimes Against Ponies!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2021, 08:23:57 AM »
Like what SaraMari said, I never really played with my ponies in a sense, just created scenes with them and brushed the hair. So overall my childhood collection is looking good as a result. (Nothing wrong with rough play though!)
However.... I thought myself as an excellent mane stylist and gave 3 of my G3's a fringe/bangs. I just really liked the look of forelocks on G1s  :P It might of looked ok years ago, but now it's a mess. I knew G1s where valuable, but I thought G3 would go on forever and ever and they would never gain value so it was "okay" to cut their hair !
 I also put nail polish on the hooves of some G2s for some reason?? I think I knew it would easily come off with acetone.
Oh, and taking ponies to school. Luckily Rainbow Dash and Minty survived with no injury, being kicked around the playground by bullies ha.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2021, 06:49:18 PM »
I remember one time I went to a garage sale and I saw a G4. It was marked all over and had very little hair left.

That was the first pony I ever saw in the wild.  :yikes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 10:07:03 PM »

Let's see...

I drew a bridle and saddle in crayon on my Merriweather

There were quite a few ponies with horns and ears that I chewed up. I remember bringing my Brights Brightly to a friend's house and lying that it was my little sister who chewed her horn. A proud pony owner like me would have never done such a thing. I also had two McDonald's Serendipities, one of which had a chewed-up muzzle. I called her the "runny nose" pony because I thought her chewed up nose had a rather...nasty look to it.

I remember I was disappointed that some G3's had glittery cutie marks, but some didn't, so I put glitter glue on the on some of my non-sparkly ponies' marks. The glitter would wear off over time, leaving a gross gray sticky spot.

On a related note, I had a fakie that I covered with stickers. I tried to take the stickers off at some point, leaving that gross sticker residue behind, which just made her look even worse.

I also put as many stickers as I could on all my playsets.

I only gave one of my ponies a haircut, and that was Royal Bouquet. I couldn't get her hair to be neatly groomed, so I cut the first stripe in her mane short. The result is a buzz-cut forelock with long hair in the back. She also has ballpoint pen "art" on her neck.

Not a child crime, per say, but a novice teenage collector crime-I tried to get some marks off my Sandy Island with nail polish remover, but accidentally rubbed her cutie mark a little bit. I regret this greatly.

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2021, 06:31:57 PM »
Ouh I have some! As a kid I gave G3 Rainbow Flash a nasty haircut in an attempt to give her normal length hair (She was a G3 super long hair pony), accidentally melted most of G3 Bowtie's hair with my mom's hairdryer, and wrote my initials on one hoof of a G3 Rainbow Dash with a Sharpie. As I got older, I stopped playing roughly with my ponies and just set them up into scenes on the playsets.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2021, 05:10:07 PM »
I trimmed off my childhood MGR Sparkler's forelock because it annoyed me.
 :cry:

I kept her and plan on giving her a new one soon, though.  :)

Offline dannahbanana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Instagram 💖
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2021, 06:26:12 PM »
If anyone inherited my childhood toys from our garage sales, etc, I'd actually consider them very lucky! I've struggled with OCD all of my life, and keeping my toys as pristine as possible was one of my obsessions. The toys I still have with me from my childhood are like new, most still with their original tags and/or boxes. Since I was so obsessed with keeping them as nice as possible, it would destroy me it anything happened to them. I had a favorite teddy bear, and my beloved dog took her from my shelf and pulled off her nose while I wasn't home. My dad tossed out the bear. I cried and cried. It was a gift from my uncle who has passed away, and I still think about that bear sometimes even though it has been many years. Of course, my dog was the sweetest thing ever, so I could not stay mad at her for long, and forgave her right away.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2021, 09:40:00 PM »
If anyone inherited my childhood toys from our garage sales, etc, I'd actually consider them very lucky! I've struggled with OCD all of my life, and keeping my toys as pristine as possible was one of my obsessions. The toys I still have with me from my childhood are like new, most still with their original tags and/or boxes. Since I was so obsessed with keeping them as nice as possible, it would destroy me it anything happened to them. I had a favorite teddy bear, and my beloved dog took her from my shelf and pulled off her nose while I wasn't home. My dad tossed out the bear. I cried and cried. It was a gift from my uncle who has passed away, and I still think about that bear sometimes even though it has been many years. Of course, my dog was the sweetest thing ever, so I could not stay mad at her for long, and forgave her right away.

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2021, 09:49:02 PM »
I had a really long clothesline in my backyard.  I discovered that I could use the clothesline to launch my ponies waaaaaaaay into the air.  Flutter ponies worked best as they were small(more aerodynamic) and they had long, easy to grip legs. 

This has resulted in a few of my child ponies having rope burns on their bellies, and random scrapes from concrete impacts. 

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2021, 12:59:44 AM »
I never damaged a MLP but I did cut the long hair shorter on one of those hard plastic horses - Lady Lovely Locks - because "it was stupid". Now I know how much they are valued  >_<
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2021, 05:31:45 AM »
I had a really long clothesline in my backyard.  I discovered that I could use the clothesline to launch my ponies waaaaaaaay into the air.  Flutter ponies worked best as they were small(more aerodynamic) and they had long, easy to grip legs. 

This has resulted in a few of my child ponies having rope burns on their bellies, and random scrapes from concrete impacts.

That sounds like loads of fun, child me would have done that too XD
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2021, 10:03:02 AM »

Well, if they didn't want you to launch them in the air, why would they have made the ponies have wings?
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2021, 11:51:12 AM »
And the ponies rained down from the air, like arrows loosed from bows: Pony Seige circa 1985
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 10:27:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal