collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Child Crimes Against Ponies!  (Read 3196 times)

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Child Crimes Against Ponies!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 05:41:42 PM »
I don’t think I destroyed my ponies on purpose because I wanted to destroy them but I used to cut pony hair for no reason or because the end of the tail got frizzy. I also would grab nail polish and markers and draw and paint all over my ponies I still have them today. I think I did it because I thought they looked prettiest like that. I also cut of all my pony’s hair and replace it with clay because the hair was too frizzy or I didn’t like it and I put clay on ponies because I was making accessories out of it and it completely destroyed most of them. I also took ponies and dolls swimming but I never ruined them to the point where they get mold or anything else.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:43:34 PM by ponyprincess2021 »

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 09:46:31 PM »
I didn't have any ponies as a kid...
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 10:56:22 PM »
Got into customizing and maybe made some horrid paint jobs with nail polish and horrifying haircuts... I am both proud of my artistic experimentation and deeply horrified by what I have done to a few g4 ponies.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 02:28:44 AM »
While I was very careful with my later G1 ponies (most of them still look like new), for some unknown reason I cut the first few plugs one some of my earlier ponies like Pinwheel, Parasol, Gusty and Starflower. I didn't just cut them short so they would look like the ponies that had a forelock, no, I cut them to stubbles.  >_<. The other thing I remember is that a friend scribbled something on my Posey. As you can imagine, I was furious and tried to "improve" her by drawing a pink highlighter pen heart over it. Not happy with the result, I then drew pink hearts all over her body, which looked even worse, making me angry with myself for my failed improvement attempt.  :blink: My friend, being remorseful, offered to trade her (immaculate) Applejack for my poor Posey, which I naturally accepted. At some point during my childhood a collector attitude set in. I didn't play with my ponies any more, left curly hair uncombed because by then I had realised that it frizzes easily (my poor Sparkler's tail was already very bushy by then) and just admired them on my bedside cabinet.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 03:45:14 AM »
The heads. It was always the heads. I wanted my Ponies to be able to turn their heads, so I, or my dad, would loosen their heads. I've seen several people say that loosening a Pony's head is damage, but unless the neck was accidentally split in this process I didn't see it as such. A few Ponies did get split neck plugs, but not completely split neck plugs.

Butterscotch, poor girl, was my first & she lost her tail & had her mane covered in marker pen... She later became Head Pony though & holds that role to this day.

ETA: I nearly forgot the tragedy of Ripple. Yep I took Baby Sea Ponies in the bath, but they always squirted the water out afterwards. Splasher loved to do so during!!! But that wasn't how Ripple suffered. Nope, she suffered because my parents got a dog, & said dog got to her...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:48:30 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 04:23:19 AM »
Got into customizing and maybe made some horrid paint jobs with nail polish and horrifying haircuts... I am both proud of my artistic experimentation and deeply horrified by what I have done to a few g4 ponies.
I always used pinkie pie and rarity to customize because they were the most I had duplicates of. I also made boy ponies. My ponies were never safe until I realized what damage i was doing to them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:25:25 AM by ponyprincess2021 »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 08:13:36 AM »
It wasn't a child that did this, but I think it deserves mention in the Hall O' Shame for pony mistreatment. I have 3 ponies I purchased in a really cheap bait lot that must have been in a secondhand store at one point. Someone had written, in dark black Sharpie marker right on their sides, their price and some kind of ring-up code. What shopkeeper in their right mind thinks that writing prices directly on their wares is going to entice people to buy it?!? And to add insult to injury, poor Bowtie, Peachy and Cherries Jubilee have the shame of being priced for a measly $1 apiece. They have been sunfading for months now, with varying degrees of success.

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 08:48:49 AM »
It wasn't a child that did this, but I think it deserves mention in the Hall O' Shame for pony mistreatment. I have 3 ponies I purchased in a really cheap bait lot that must have been in a secondhand store at one point. Someone had written, in dark black Sharpie marker right on their sides, their price and some kind of ring-up code. What shopkeeper in their right mind thinks that writing prices directly on their wares is going to entice people to buy it?!? And to add insult to injury, poor Bowtie, Peachy and Cherries Jubilee have the shame of being priced for a measly $1 apiece. They have been sunfading for months now, with varying degrees of success.
omg that's horrific! What, are they gonna spray-paint the prices on a used car?! What are they going to do if there's a price change? What-- okay there's no reasoning here. Criminals.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 09:31:04 AM »
I never did anything horrible to my ponies but was given some secondhand G1 and G3 ponies by my sister in law and niece who didn't want them anymore and two of the G1s had had mane cuts at some point.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 10:05:33 AM »
I played with them in the bathtub and pool. I don't really consider that "damage" though. I was a kid. I liked to play in the water. I took my toys with me.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 10:44:33 AM »
omg that's horrific! What, are they gonna spray-paint the prices on a used car?! What are they going to do if there's a price change? What-- okay there's no reasoning here. Criminals.

No kidding. I guess they would just cross the old price out and write 50 cents right next to it...maybe over the pony's face this time! The spray paint/used car thing cracks me up...sounds like one of those TV gags, like 'would you buy this car and actually drive it around if it had the price spray-painted down the side if it only cost $50?'

Oh well...Cherries Jubilee is almost marker free, so she gets the last laugh in the end. Jury's still out on the other 2.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 11:48:38 AM »
I was very good with my toys, I'm not sure if my mom instilled the respect of personally property in me from a young age or what but the meager amount of toys I was allowed to keep from childhood look immaculate, the kind of ponies I always wish to find in the wild haha

when it comes to kids so many adults seem to forget what it's like being a child, they often say things like "oh they're just a child, they don't know any better" But I distinctly remember even far back as age 3 when I did naughty things it was on purpose, I wanted to see what would happen I absolutely knew

So perhaps that was part of it, I really liked my toys and didn't want to see what would happen if I purposefully did destructive things to them. Also my playing was very sedate (more like a collector haha) I'd just line or set things up and look at them

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 02:19:36 PM »
When Glory's silver stars rubbed off, I drew new blue ones with a marker.  But the ink spread and turned into blobs. 

I also cut a part of Cotton Candy's tail to make a tail for a Bow Tie I found.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 04:03:49 PM »

In the late 90's/early 2000's, when I started collecting, I found a Dainty Delilah.  I thought some kid had ruined her hair, that they did something to the hair to make it poofy.  I cut it off! 

The first perfume puff I ever saw was in a thrift shop.  I was convinced they'd put Daisy Sweet into the dryer to get her hair that way!

I remember drawing on my Baby Frosting, but I don't remember why.  Now I still have my original and I've picked up another one somewhere.  It's nice to be able to tell them apart.  :lol:

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 02:17:11 AM »
Oh boy... when I was a very small child and didn't have my own ponies, I gave my older sister's Baby Cotton Candy a nasty haircut. According to my very small child logic, if I ruin my siblings' toys, they won't want them anymore and I'll get to keep them. 30 years later, I am the only one in my family who collects toys so she did eventually end up with me  ^^;

I was a pretty destructive/"artistic" child, but I actually took pretty good care of my ponies once I got my own. IIRC the worst I did was giving Baby Ruby a forelock like some of the other baby ponies had because I thought it was cute.

Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal