collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show Me... Your Improvement!  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
Re: Show Me... Your Improvement!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 06:56:21 PM »
What a cool idea! Here goes!

My very first custom, in 2008: Heath Ledger's Joker. I used a clone pony, paints, and felt and sticker accessories. The felt pockets are handsewn, the hair was dyed with RIT dye, in shades of brown and green. Sealed in Mod Podge. I still like how it turned out, although its obviously not my best work. It has attitude! I remember the RIT dye was very messy and smelly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My least favorite custom, another early one: Baby Aurora. This was my first attempt at a pearlized painted gradient, but as you can see my skills were not great. This is one of the last I sealed in Mod Podge, as in my climate Mod Podge gets tacky and causes paint to run. Now I use polyurethane varnish.

My most recent custom: Ambrosia, my persona pony! Made from an HQG1C blank base, roses embedded along the crest of the mane, cute little braid, and a re-purposed bumblebee earring.

My favorite custom: Hard to choose a favorite, but it has to be Jack Sparrow, who seems to be a favorite of everyone who sees my customs, he was so much fun to make! He was rehaired in yarn instead of nylon hair, and the mane is full of little beads, braids, and trinkets. I sculpted a pistol, sword, and compass, made a floppy pirate hat, and he's got a symbol on each flank.

Bonus picture! Jack Sparrow has spotted his next village to pillage!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 07:31:01 PM by Twizel »

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Show Me... Your Improvement!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 07:06:01 PM »
Here is my first custom ever. I don't even remember what I named her. Spring Breeze? Spring Blossom? Something like that. I didn't even have a proper digital camera at the time and I had to put her on my scanner to get pics. Her hair is original. I painted her with artist-grade acrylics and attached the butterfly wings with super glue. The paint was a bit too thick and left brush strokes, but she wasn't bad for a first custom.

The last custom I made was probably this one, which I made with the intention to take to DashCon to sell at my table in the merch room. I don't need to tell anyone how badly DashCon went, but I actually made a decent profit.

My favorite custom is this lovely lady with her painted tabled and tea set!

And my least favorite is this abomination. I think she was my second or third custom. The painting is sloppy and I used different kinds of hair for her, which meant none of it laid right or mixed nicely.

Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal