Creativity > Customs

Eye Jewels and Jewel Eyes!

(1/2) > >>

Tropical_Sunset:
I recently discovered that my Clever Clover is missing one of his eye gems. Does anyone have a recommended size/brand etc. for replacement jewels for G2s?

Also looking for good twinkle eye type gems for G1 twinkle eye customs and G3 twinkle eye customs. I think I'm going to have to build my own Mimic at the rate her prices are going.
 :lol:

pandabear_chan:
The G2s have regular colored stones so you can replace them with any that fit their size. Here is a link to a former thread where people talked about sizes, colors and where to get them:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,348809.0.html

As for the G1 TE ponies I have used different techniques:

1. Swarovski Shimmer gems

The two ponies below were done with Shimmer color stones from Swarovski in size SS34. Shimmer named stones have a base color and a more transparent AB (= aurora borealis) effect on top while the AB categorized effect is more opaque and you don't see the base color through very well. They give a real beautiful effect but are available as flatbacks only in the required size so you may prepare the eye hole differently from the next technique.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2. Airbrushed Swarovski AB gems

The girl below was done using AB chatons (the diamond shaped crystals), which got a transparent airbrushed layer on top. The color allows to let the AB effect shine through while giving color to them too. Why didn't I use AB chatons in the correct color? Because they are not available. In SS34 you only get regular colors but no AB colors - only AB itself but not any other colors.

Tropical_Sunset:
This is so incredibly helpful. Thank you so so much!! Hoarding this info! I'm hoping to make myself a Mimic at the very least since I'll never afford a real one. I'm drooling over your customs as always, they are flawless.

pandabear_chan:

--- Quote from: Tropical_Sunset on March 30, 2021, 06:52:59 PM ---This is so incredibly helpful. Thank you so so much!! Hoarding this info! I'm hoping to make myself a Mimic at the very least since I'll never afford a real one. I'm drooling over your customs as always, they are flawless.

--- End quote ---

I'm so happy I could have helped you. If you ever need the 2nd variant eyes let me know and I can send you some. I found it very difficult to match Mimic's eye color with the shimmer swarovski's as only a few colors were available in the needed SS34 size. That's why I made some for my custom. (btw the bait was a HQG1C Pony True Blue)

Tropical_Sunset:
I have another question related to twinkle eyes. I have a partially-customized Party Time with eyes that are in terrible shape and I'd like to replace them. Are there any tutorials out there explaining how to get the eyes out? I just peer in the head and see these weird blobby bulges and I'm lost on what to do. I'm terrified of ruining her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version