collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Dig Monsters  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I Dig Monsters
« on: March 27, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »
Does anyone else know about these? They are cute monster figures that stylistically remind me of sofubi art and come inside different things like water wax and fluff. I got all mine second hand so I actually never experienced the full unboxing experience and that's fine with me because I only wanted some of the figures. I'm actually disappointed that there's not many series 2 opened on Mercari or eBay because there's only 3 in particular I'm looking for from that series. It seems people on those platforms are more selling to parents to buy for their kids for the unboxing fun than collectors who just want the figures.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I Dig Monsters
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 08:08:38 AM »
Oh, I spotted these on the toy shelves where I work! I thought the idea was cute, it looks like you're chipping little yeti monsters out of icicles or ice pops. ^_^

Personally I'm not a fan of having to dig toys out of slime/wax/sand/etc., but I know it's very popular today with the kids. Having an interactive toy like this, that combines interaction with the "reveal" is like a double-pop to entice the kids to want it LOL. I'm glad they can be bought second hand without having to go through the whole interactive experience of getting them out LOL. The kids are happy and the collectors are happy!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal