collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nirvana noob question - purple-haired Peru Posey  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Ifra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Nirvana noob question - purple-haired Peru Posey
« on: March 20, 2021, 09:47:35 AM »
Hey guys!

So I recently found my collection in the basement as well as a chuck-ton of unsorted baits and lots. When I started going through them to see what was worth cleaning up, I found a pony I didn't remember buying or having.

It's marked Peru and it's a Posey, and her hair is purple and curly. I went sniffing around this forum and elsewhere on the net for information but I'm still a bit stumped. I'm seeing a lot of mentions of rehairing and toy hospitals, and of what the shade of the hair should be. I'm not really a Nirvana collector but I'm still curious what you guys say. I've taken some photos of the inside of her head as well as her tail washer and clamp, and a pic of her in daylight that is very accurate to the color I see with my own eyes, lmao.

Does she have her original hair? It's very curly and slightly coarse/dry/frizzy. The tail is almost twice the height of the body when I pull it out downwards.

Thank you so much for your time.  :blush:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Roswita

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.miominipony.com/
Re: Nirvana noob question - purple-haired Peru Posey
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 11:27:45 AM »
Hello Ifra, very interesting pony.

I used to collect "Nirvana" ponies, but I stopped around the time Peru ponies started to appear in the collector's market, so I'm not an expert on them. However, I just wanted to comment that from your pictures you've shared the washer holding her tail together looks original. I also find interesting that, hair aside, she looks to me very similar to Spanish Posey.
Hopefully someone with more experience with Peruvian Ponies will get back to you.

PS Love your cat! (big fan of calicos ^_^)

Offline Ifra

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 12:22:33 PM »
Hey!

Thanks for your reply. ^^ Yeah, I kinda like her, strange as she is. I'd like to add that I know that a purple-haired Peruvian Posey does exist (through my *cough* extensive research) but I was curious to know if the hair is original :) The carpet matches the drapes, so to speak  :blush: so if the tail is legit then maybe so is the mane. :)

And that's my Jester, haha, I pulled aside the curtain for some daylight and she was just chilling there on the windowsill, so she got to be a gorgeous backdrop. Yeah, calicos rule :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 02:05:45 PM »
*another calico cat owner/fan club member* Cute Kitty Kat :heart:

It is the Argie ponies that have been prone to the "repaired hair" rehairs and there was the Dolls Hospital in Brazil.

This hair looks original, the tail, rust, dirt and all is a good sign, shows it is aged and authentic :bigups: It also looks to have the "curly Peru" texture and the right purple for Peru Glory. The length is a good sign as well, as the Curly haired Peru ponies have longer tails. While some of the hair weave looks "loopy" inside, the front towards the forelock looks like a proper factory weave.

Here is a Peru Medley with the dark purple hair
https://pinkkittywinks.wixsite.com/mlparenagallery/peru?pgid=kd389pr3-14ded2e4-76c6-4744-8af2-eafa3f10da48

Peru Glory
https://pinkkittywinks.wixsite.com/mlparenagallery/peru?pgid=kd389pr3-7ca052d0-4463-49e9-8bbd-f701690304e7

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ifra

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 06:30:13 AM »
Very interesting, thank you so much for the replies! :)

/Ifra

Offline Smoozepuncher

• Bratz Pony
  • I believe in you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 10:46:36 AM »
Ooh, she is beautiful. The metal washer and fastener kind of nod to me that it's original. Collectors will generally use materials that won't rust like plastic (not to mention how much cheaper and easier to use a zip tie is compared to that metal clamp).

What a find!
I'm TormentingSpray on Instagram!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 06:42:33 PM »
I'm trying to remember the last thread we had on the possibility of a darker purple hair peru posey.  I'm familiar with the lighter/lilac hair and yes it is curly and peru ponies have long tails.

The washer looks a good fit and is aged so that seems a good sign

but than from looking at the mane /neck area I would say that looks to me it likely is a rehair not original - are you all saying that one row that looks like a typical factory weave for peru ponies?  ( runs off to check ponies...)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 03:00:13 PM »
I will give wizzer a poke too ;)

Love pkw xxx

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+152)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 07:19:05 PM »
I will give wizzer a poke too ;)

Are you poking me ?! Lol
Love pkw xxx

Offline Ifra

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 02:04:17 AM »
I'm trying to remember the last thread we had on the possibility of a darker purple hair peru posey.  I'm familiar with the lighter/lilac hair and yes it is curly and peru ponies have long tails.

The washer looks a good fit and is aged so that seems a good sign

but than from looking at the mane /neck area I would say that looks to me it likely is a rehair not original - are you all saying that one row that looks like a typical factory weave for peru ponies?  ( runs off to check ponies...)

Hey and thanks for your reply! The texture of the hair of the mane and tail are identical, as well as the color. If the tail is original but the mane re-haired, would they have been able to use hair that was a perfect match for the original?

Post Merge: March 31, 2021, 02:08:13 AM

Oh and I forgot to say, I went back through my eBay history from loooong ago and actually found where I got the pony. I bought it from a Peruvian account that is still active. They are not a collector account, they seem to just be selling various bits and bobs, not just toys but a little bit of everything, like someone buying boxes at yardsales or something. Not sure if it helps the investigation to know it came from "the wild". :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:08:13 AM by Ifra »

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 04:40:09 PM »
no I wouldn't say that the tail was original and mane rehaired more like all hair was replaced a long time ago as opposed to a modern rehair but it would be really cool that there's both a dark purple and light purple peru posey

so yeah this would seem like a third color purple was used as we have dark purple on glory and now maybe two versions of purple on posey

unless it's just the lighting and this is the typical lilac

my understanding of peru posey is the hair is much much more curly but here's a pic of one on the card and maybe it's like your version

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »
Oh I brought a rehaired glory from peru with hair in this colour years ago.
The mane weave was similar to yours it went across the plugs rather than an individual hair strand per plug. I don't have her anymore but will go back and try and find photos.
It could be possible that the same person rehaired them? I have only ever seen a curly purple hair used rehaired in peru, the hair color must be easy to get.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal