TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

"Damaged by Mechanical Equipment"

(1/1)

FernMariposa919:
Has this ever happened to anybody? Not that long ago I received some pony mail and on the package was a sticker that read "Damaged by mechanical equipment. Please accept our apology. US Postal Service." I provided a picture of it in the link. Now, of course this made me extremely nervous when I read that! The package wasn't torn, though, just slightly dirty, perhaps. Also, luckily, my items weren't ruined and were perfectly fine. I had some pony wear that didn't contain any shoes or extra pieces. It was all flat fabric pieces.

However, I have to wonder, IF my mail had been damaged, what could I have done? I couldn't blame it on the seller because the USPS took responsibility. Would I have just lost my money AND what I paid for? Has this kind of thing ever happened to anybody and what did you do? I feel extremely lucky that nothing was damaged...still not sure what happened during the process of this pony mail!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190610601@N07/51047921172/in/dateposted-public/

Loa:
Yeah I've had a few, all from the USA.

Lilithdrff:
Yeah, sometimes mail gets stuck in the sorting machines and gets torn, or a box will get slightly crushed, etc. They will usually put a sticker on it, or if the mail was opened in the incident they will put it in a new bag with a sticker on it and send it on the way. I've even gotten spam mail (like fliers and stuff) with the notification that it was damaged by machines.  I would think that you could still place a claim with USPS if the package was sent priority.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version