collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you had an encounter with a famous person?  (Read 8430 times)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Have you had an encounter with a famous person?
« on: March 12, 2021, 03:53:56 PM »
I once had fish & chips with Sir Edmund Hillary.

How about you?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:56:07 PM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Have you had an encounter with a famous person?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 03:56:00 PM »
Does touching someone's hand count? I doubt he even saw my face, I was in a crowd

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 03:56:22 PM »
Well it depends who it was!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline CloudyGlow

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 03:56:44 PM »
Well it depends who it was!
He was Barack Obama

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 04:11:39 PM »
i think that counts.
outside of conventions uuhh not really?
 we had one con where we kept running into  Raphael Sbarge even when we went out to dinner we ended up in line with him. Also Bruce Campbell, though I thought he was just one of the insurance guys that was having an expo thing at the same building the convention was at they were all affectionately called the MiB crowd since.. well they were all men in black X3. but imagine my surprise when the guy I was talking to idly was Bruce freaking Campbell.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 04:32:57 PM »
Shaun Ryder of Happy Mondays showed up at a party I was at & actually chilled wi people. He signed my Doodle Book & is to date the most famous person in it. After doing that for me he bumped into another fan who'd been to the same early parties as he had & seeing the two reminisce was the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed.

Most of the people more specific to my fave music were cool wi hanging out wi folks too, including huge names in that scene. The only exception was Darren Styles. He spent the entire time surrounded by twenty security guards who let nobody near him to speak or anything else. Literally everybody else i heard play a set would at least say cheers for supporting me & pose in a photo, even the quietest ones.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:35:42 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 04:37:35 PM »
I guess Jenny Nicholson is the closest I got since she's popular outside of MLP. I saw her at the last Bronycon, she said she was looking for fat face flutters. It was a highlight of the trip, I really like her content!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 05:17:03 PM »
I met Bill Nye (the Science Guy) and showed him some specimens in the museum I where I work, that was pretty awesome!  He was nice and seemed to enjoy seeing everything  :) 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 10:14:29 PM »
I used to work at Disney World so...yes. I've performed in the Candlelight Processional Cast Choir with various stars as the narrator.  Robby Benson, Neal Patrick Harris, Gary Sinise and Andy Garcia were some of them.  Gary Sinise's wife is very nice.  I once did a private safari for Senator McCain and his family (I used to drive the Kilimanjaro Safari at the Animal Kingdom).  I've met a lot of people at various Cons over the years as well. Rob Schneider is shorter than I thought he'd be, but he's also very nice.  The first time I met Zachary Levi was at his Nerd HQ event in 2016.  I work in a library and have had various authors come like Sarah Eden, Lisa Mangum, Tyler Whitesides and Brandon Sanderson.  I actually recorded backup vocals for a local production of Mary Poppins and Tyler Whitesides and his wife were part of the backup choir.

One of the guys I went to college with has been in several Disney movies.  He was one of the basketball players in High School Musical.  He was also in Halloweentown High, the Good Luck Charlie movie and was a rock musician in a musical called Saturday's Warrior.

Offline Marshie

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »
When I was 15, I went to a Rise Against concert for my birthday. Before the concert that day, I went to a record store with my parents where the band was doing signings. Since I got a record from there, I got a special place in line, SECOND!! I got there later in the night and got to skip a huge line, I was so nervous. We went up to the band when they started the signings and I mentioned to him that we had the same eye color (heterochromia) and he was amazed! He got right up in my face to look at my eyes and I'd be lying if I say I wasn't tearing up with joy. We were talking about how long my eyes have been two different colors and if I was ever bullied (he was in school because of it when he was a kid, but what's there to bully?? Having two different unique eye colors is the best!) They weren't allowing pictures at this signing with the band, but he let me take a picture with him. It was an amazing experience!

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 10:49:48 PM »
I used to work at Disney World so...yes. I've performed in the Candlelight Processional Cast Choir with various stars as the narrator.

I performed in the Candlelight Processional Cast Choir too for several years at Disneyland. Working in Entertainment for 6 years I met more celebrities than I honestly can remember. Some of them are very nice, some are okay, and some are just not kind.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2021, 10:53:00 PM »
Lots of wrestlers. When NXT was still the developmental territory for WWE, they used to come practice at my city's entertainment center. What was cool about it, aside from the small crowd, was that the guys and ladies that weren't working in the ring that night would do other things. I had my hand stamped by Corey Graves when he was working the door one night, lol. Sometimes they would have WWE Legends there too. I've met and had pics taken with a bunch of them - for free! I think they'd bring big names in to help draw a crowd. It was really cool and my sister and I went regularly. When NXT started getting bigger they moved up to Tampa, which is a ways away, and stopped coming down here.

I've also met Steve Buscemi! He attends the local film festival every year. He's really nice! And a very snappy dresser :lol:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2021, 11:56:49 PM »
Yes. When I was little I got to meet Michael who the host of Fox Kids at least on our local Fox station but shaking hands wasn't good enough for me. I made him give me a hug. Also got to meet several Contemporary Christian artists. When I was 12 my dad was head of the audio crew and Scott Krippayne did a concert at my church. Got to be 'backstage' with Scott Krippayne' in the choir room and it was so neat. After the concert he autographed cds and a photo for me and I gave him a picture I drew for him. A year later he came back for a youth group all nighter and made my night when he said I looked familiar because I knew how many people he had to have seen between that first concert and t hen. Also got to meet Babbie Mason when she sang at my church. I gave her a picture I drew for her of a bear and she sang a children's song about a bear with me when I gave it to her. I was so shy about it though.  Then on a youth outing to Cedarville University got to meet Solomon's Wish and got an autographed photo of them. I still have both that and the autographed Scott Krippayne one. So I know maybe a lot of people haven't heard of the Christian artists but they were a pretty big deal to me :) Also got to meet Mary Costa, the voice of Sleeping Beauty at my church's Father/Daughter banquet one year. That was so neat. Everyone got an autographed lithograph from the movie and she autographed a drawing I'd done of Princess Aurora for me. Still have both.  Met Dan Quayle when he was a guest at my church and still have that autograph.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 12:42:25 AM »
I used to work at Disney World so...yes. I've performed in the Candlelight Processional Cast Choir with various stars as the narrator.

I performed in the Candlelight Processional Cast Choir too for several years at Disneyland. Working in Entertainment for 6 years I met more celebrities than I honestly can remember. Some of them are very nice, some are okay, and some are just not kind.

Totally.  Sometimes it's not the stars but their managers that are awful.  When I was working a booth at Big Easy Con they told us we could use a restroom that was BEHIND the "star" area and the manager for some kid from Stranger Things gave me the third degree about trying to go to the bathroom--even though I was not in an area that I shouldn't be in, I had checked with the con staff. But the lady from the booth next to us told me that nobody said anything to her-even though she went at the same time as me.  Of course, I also look about 15 years younger than I am and the other lady looked older so I'm sure that the stupid manager just thought I was some dumb fangirl.  I almost told the kid to be careful how he lets her treat people because he never knew who his next writer was going to be but I just rolled my eyes and let it go rather than get into an argument with a bleached blonde psycho from California.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2021, 07:32:34 AM »
Quite a few...I was a bartender in a hotel for a number of years in college, and being the highest end one in the city I lived in, it was where anyone famous would stay if they did. It was kind of cool when they would hang in the bar, for sure, but the most interesting part was taking room service orders up to them because you'd actually be stepping into their living space for a few minutes. It's strange seeing their normal, everyday possessions...like, hey, so-and-so just uses Colgate toothpaste? I thought they'd have some fancy, expensive stuff that only a celebrity can afford. Some encounters were better than others; some lukewarm, some indifferent, one downright creepy, and some were really super cool. Eddie Money was my favorite, he and his band came in for drinks before a show, and despite the bar being super busy and I was caught off-guard completely by myself before the night help came in, he was so, so kind. Kevin Costner and Martin Short were other notables while I worked there.

One night I was helping out as a favor to a former employer by closing up his bar at an Italian restaurant when he was short staffed. This place was also part of a hotel, but it was always dead, and this night was no exception. The Gin Blossoms were in town for a music festival and staying there. They had the whole bar to themselves, and they hung out with me until closing time...those guys were cool.

I was pretty big into the music scene in the mid-2000's, and working in the bar scene, I had several friends in the beer/liquor industry who always had hookups to concerts/shows, and also a lot of pre-party/after-party backstage stuff, so I met a lot of musicians in those days.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal