collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow High?  (Read 27346 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow High?
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2021, 07:46:30 PM »
I noticed that a lot of the stores in my area have a lot of the older dolls in stock so I'm starting to think that might be a factor why I can't find Georgia.  When I bought Daphne I had to dig through several rows of the older dolls to find her. 

Georgia must have just been added to Amazon. She wasn't there when I looked before.  I'll keep checking though.  If I can't find her I will get one from Amazon.

I don't understand the $100 doll either.  I know it's bigger but it doesn't seem worth that much to me.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2021, 03:46:56 PM »
great minds think alike. I bought Georgia also. I found the new ones this weekend.

I bought Georgia and Gabrielle Icely.

I haven't opened very many of my RH dolls yet, I still have a majority of them still in the box. I'm just lazy and need to finish reorganizing my shelf for them but I just don't feel like it so I'll get to it eventually.

I just watched a review of the giant 24" doll on youtube. It's pretty and it looks like the quality is really good but I don't know if i want to spend $100 on a RH doll that is 24"!!!! I would rather send that much on a Ellowyne :/ so maybe if I see one on discount at some point but not the full hudduddolla.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2021, 04:40:53 PM »
I noticed that a lot of the stores in my area have a lot of the older dolls in stock so I'm starting to think that might be a factor why I can't find Georgia.  When I bought Daphne I had to dig through several rows of the older dolls to find her. 

Georgia must have just been added to Amazon. She wasn't there when I looked before.  I'll keep checking though.  If I can't find her I will get one from Amazon.

I don't understand the $100 doll either.  I know it's bigger but it doesn't seem worth that much to me.

Ponyfan

I did just see a review of the giant doll.  It has working zippers and real metal parts which is pretty unusual.  It looks really amazing and huge.  I don't think she's for me but I'm really impressed.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2021, 07:24:05 PM »
Guess who I found at Target this week?  Georgia. :lovey:  :lovey:  I was so happy that Target had her in stock.  She came home with me.

I also saw Gabriella and Emi. 

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2021, 12:27:55 PM »
I found the giant Amaya today at Target.  I think she is $80.  She's much bigger than I thought she'd be.

I started to crop out the stuff around her but left it in because it shows a good perspective on how big she really is.

Ponyfan

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2021, 05:21:50 PM »
So glad you got Georgia!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2021, 05:35:05 AM »
Does anyone know if the big Amaya is as articulated as the smaller dolls? If she is I need to start watching for her to go on sale.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2021, 11:45:29 AM »
Does anyone know if the big Amaya is as articulated as the smaller dolls? If she is I need to start watching for her to go on sale.

I think one of the reviews I watched showed she was articulated but I don't know if it's the same as the smaller, or if it has all the same points of articulation. I didn't even realize my small dolls has a upper thigh that could rotate till I was messing around with the out of box doll I bough off mercari and was trying to make her sit.

I did find the gold slumber party doll on Tuesday at a different walmart but she was the only one of the 3 slumber party dolls they had.

I also saw some of the new dolls at Best Buy, I almost bought one but decided to wait.

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2021, 06:46:00 AM »
I have four of the dolls so far, Bella, Jade, River, and cheerleader Rubywith plans to track down another Ruby or Bella for customizing purposes. Customizing was the original reason I purchased any of these dolls but after playing with them I like them too much to customize my current girls like I was originally going to.I've been thinking about getting the other Ruby so my current Ruby can steal her clothing while I customize her.
If I'm able to find out more about the larger girl that I like I might have to snag her for customizing.

Has anyone else customized their Rainbow High? I've heard they can be a little tricky.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »
I have four of the dolls so far, Bella, Jade, River, and cheerleader Rubywith plans to track down another Ruby or Bella for customizing purposes. Customizing was the original reason I purchased any of these dolls but after playing with them I like them too much to customize my current girls like I was originally going to.I've been thinking about getting the other Ruby so my current Ruby can steal her clothing while I customize her.
If I'm able to find out more about the larger girl that I like I might have to snag her for customizing.

Has anyone else customized their Rainbow High? I've heard they can be a little tricky.

I actually bought a lot on mercari with the intention of making some customs. But I have yet to do anything. Really, I'm more inclined to do just hair and maybe makeup, not anything crazy. I've seen some pretty dye jobs people have done. In the lot I got 2 or 3 doubles of dolls I already have, although I'm debating that I may just keep a couple of my girls in box and just use these out of box to redress, etc.

One of the dolls is Bella Parker so she has that light pink hair. Soooo, I may try to dye her hair. I haven't yet decided what color to do yet, or I'm more thinking of trying a couple colors, sorta do a half and half fade from her light pink do a darker color on the ends, etc.

One of the other doubles is jade, and I'm thinking I may try to take her hair out and reroot something.

Either way, future crafing plans :)

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2021, 03:25:23 PM »
Bella was the one I originally bought to do a full custom on but now I've grown fond of her so I am going to need a double if I'm customizing. xD

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2021, 11:38:59 AM »
I saw 2 of the 3 Rockstar dolls at Target today.  I love Carmen.

Ponyfan

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2021, 10:11:47 PM »
Nice!  Carmen is really pretty.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2021, 07:21:57 AM »
I saw Brianna and Robin the other day but not the 3rd doll in the Slumber Party set.  I didn't realize that they would be about the same price as Jet but it makes sense since they come with the pillow and sleeping bag along with the extra outfit.

I'm sorry the pic of Robin is blurry.  I didn't realize it until after I left the store.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2021, 10:45:22 AM »
I found the last Rockstar doll today.  I still haven't seen the gold/yellow Slumber Party doll.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal