collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Prices and Questions multi ponies  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Sweets

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Prices and Questions multi ponies
« on: March 05, 2021, 08:43:45 PM »
So, I have recently been going through my ponies since they have been in storage for a wile and I'm trying to mentally get myself back into my hobbies I had put aside due to emotional and mental issues. I just happened to grab a pony out of a dusty nasty box to measure for a display box and just happen to notice it was a special pony with Italy on its hoof. I went through the others and found these lovlies. They are grubby and I will be doing some cleaning and washing on them since the box they were in was open to everything in the far reaches of an outdoor building for at least 7 years. They were in a bait box with mostly babies and princess accessories.

I have a few questions on these. Mostly is it worth cleaning them up or should I just bait them? Is it ok to oxiclean boil them or do you suggest a different method, especially to get the heads off. Also what are the price ranges for them as ok ponies?

I will update as I get them cleaned.

Italian Butterscotch
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
IMG_1165
IMG_1158

Condition: other than dirty there is a few rubs to her right symbols and left eye. Most of the dirt looks like a magic eraser will get it off. her hair is a little crunchy but from what Ive done it the past it should soften up nicely if not get completely smooth.
How do you tell if the symbol is version 1 or 2?

Brazilian Magic Star
IMG_1161
IMG_1162

Condition: other than the obvious hair cut and orange bloob on her side (looks to be highlighter or she was up against something neon at one time) she is just dirty. Symbols and eyes are perfect. No rubs.
I have no idea about bleaching especially a super fancy pony and she would not be the one I would start on. So, to get her ready to sell, if I sell her, should I remove what little crispy hair she has when I was her or just treat it like I would any other ponies? Should I rehair her?

Italian Trickles
IMG_1160
IMG_1163

Condition: dirty but looks to be scrub offable. Hair is dry but will wash and condition well. Bad rub to center of right eye. other paint looks perfect.

July Birth Flower
IMG_1159
IMG_1164

Condition: dirty but looks to be scrub offable other than a purple ink stain on her right rear lower leg and a very light neon pink splotch below the stem of her right symbol. Her hair is dry but looks to have factory curl in both main and tail. A few of the fore plugs look trimmed but I'm not sure if they came this way or if its cut. little bit of rubbing on left symbol.
Is it worth trying to save the curl wile washing the pony or do I just go ahead and condition and clean it with the rest of her?
Is she an ok option to try and bleach as my first time or should I leave it to someone else if I sell her?

Thank you for reading all this and helping me out if you can.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:22:27 PM by Sweets »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Prices and Questions multi ponies
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 08:16:40 AM »
I wouldn't consider any of them bait, but then again I am not afraid of a challenge! It is also worth remembering that the quality of the nirvana ponies is sometime less than Hong Kong or China made ponies, for example, eye misprinted are VERY common on Italy ponies, so it is a characteristic rather than a flaw.

Italy Butterscotch = I think she will come up lovely for a wash and condition :) She is the stamped eye version, not the airbrushed eye version. I would think $25 is the going rate for her.

Brazil Magic Star = If you plan on selling her, do not rehair her :) Some collectors prefer their ponies "as is" warts and all! It does show that someone had fun with her in the past ;) The Brazil hair is very fragile and is very easily damaged from too much brushing, product use and sun fading. I would think about $100-150 in that condition.

Italy Trickles = looks like another who will come stunning for a wash and condition :bigups: I would think $20-25 :)

Birthflower = You can preserve original curl by washing the hair in cold water and wrapping the curls around your fingers :) I think she will look cute for a good wash and brush :) I would suggest a price of $20-25 for her.

I hope this is of some help and I would appreciate any one else's price suggestions as always :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sweets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »
I wouldn't consider any of them bait, but then again I am not afraid of a challenge! It is also worth remembering that the quality of the nirvana ponies is sometime less than Hong Kong or China made ponies, for example, eye misprinted are VERY common on Italy ponies, so it is a characteristic rather than a flaw.

Italy Butterscotch = I think she will come up lovely for a wash and condition :) She is the stamped eye version, not the airbrushed eye version. I would think $25 is the going rate for her.

Brazil Magic Star = If you plan on selling her, do not rehair her :) Some collectors prefer their ponies "as is" warts and all! It does show that someone had fun with her in the past ;) The Brazil hair is very fragile and is very easily damaged from too much brushing, product use and sun fading. I would think about $100-150 in that condition.

Italy Trickles = looks like another who will come stunning for a wash and condition :bigups: I would think $20-25 :)

Birthflower = You can preserve original curl by washing the hair in cold water and wrapping the curls around your fingers :) I think she will look cute for a good wash and brush :) I would suggest a price of $20-25 for her.

I hope this is of some help and I would appreciate any one else's price suggestions as always :bigups:

Love pkw xxx

Thank you for all the info. I'm in the process right now of head removal. All have very very stuck on heads. I'm using the hairdrier method because I don't want to mess up there hair since it is dry but from past experience will condition/fabric soften up really well and I'm not sure if the boiling water will damage it. I also want to oxi boil them but again I'm worried about mane damage from the hot water. I would remove the tails for the oxi boil.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 02:19:50 PM »
The hair dryer is the way to go, stuck on heads can be a real problem >_<

If you get chance, would you share "after" pictures? :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sweets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 08:37:30 PM »
I've decided to sell all but Butterscotch so I didn't give them a super scrub but just washed them off with a magic eraser and a little conditioner to their hair. I washed it hot tap water and as soon as the water hit magic star she started getting really soft so her head popped right off. I figured the other 2s new owner can deal with getting their head off. I'm letting the new owners deal with any deep cleaning or whatever with them.

I will be selling Trickles and Magic Star on the MLP Nirvana group on facebook Wednesday March 10th at 8pm EST

Italian Trickles
I gave her a light once over with a magic eraser and a wash and condition to her hair. I didn't scrub her hard, I just wanted to get the surface dirt off her from how she was stored. Because of this she will need a proper spa day and her hair will need some softening. Her head has not been removed as it is very well stuck on and I'm going to leave that to the new owner instead of messing with it.

Condition:
Eyes- Right eye has rubbing to the center of the eye and along the top under the eyelashes  Left eye has a very very light rubbing to the blue just under the eye shine and to the black just to the right of the eye shine.
Hair- A little dry especially toward the ends. No frizz
Cutie Marks- right ones are almost perfect with a very almost imperceptible rub to far left watering can. Left ones there are 2 very faint black lines trough the far right watering can that will most likely come out with a good scrubbing. Also very light rubbing to the far left watering can .
Overall - Her head is barely a shade lighter than her body and I can only see it in pictures with the flash. She needs a good spa day from her new owner.

IMG_1212
IMG_1211
IMG_1210
IMG_1209
IMG_1208
IMG_1207
IMG_1206
IMG_1205
IMG_1204
IMG_1203
IMG_1201

Brazilian Magic Star
I gave her a light once over with a magic eraser. I didn't scrub her hard, I just wanted to get the surface dirt off her from how she was stored. Because of this she will need a proper spa day and a bit of work on her highlighter issues.

Condition:
Eyes- Perfect
Hair- Almost nonexistent. very harsh and short cut.
Cutie Marks- Practically perfect. The orange highlighter gets very close to her left one but doesn't touch it
Overall - She still has a little surface dirt that I missed since I didn't giver her a scrubbing but just a once over with the magic eraser. She has faint orange highlighter on all hooves. Her head is loose/off because wile washing her under hot tap her body got really soft and her head just popped off. It was glued when I got her. Her insides look pristine.

IMG_1200
IMG_1199
IMG_1198
IMG_1197
IMG_1197
IMG_1195
IMG_1194
IMG_1193
IMG_1192
IMG_1191
IMG_1190
IMG_1189
IMG_1188
IMG_1187

Birth Flower
I gave her a light once over with a magic eraser and a wash and condition to her hair. I didn't scrub her hard, I just wanted to get the surface dirt off her from how she was stored. Because of this she will need a proper spa day and her hair will need some softening. Her head has not been removed as it is very well stuck on and I'm going to leave that to the new owner instead of messing with it. She looks a a lot more grubby than she actually is because of the flash on my phone

Condition:
Eyes- Perfect
Hair- A little dry mainly toward the tips. I'm not sure if her forelock has been cut or if that is how she came
Cutie Marks- the right one is almost perfect but has a very faint pink highlighter mark over the stem. The left one has rubs to the stem.
Overall - she needs a good oxi bath and/or fade. she still has some surface dirt that will most likely game off with some good scrubbing and the purple writing on her hind right hoof is already fading so should come out fine. I don't know anything about sun fading so I'm not going to start with this pony and will leave that to someone who knows more than me. she has a small brown dot on her right side.

IMG_1186
IMG_1185
IMG_1184
IMG_1183
IMG_1182
IMG_1181