collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 79939 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #540 on: July 23, 2021, 03:43:22 AM »
Some new styling size G5s are seen in this new video on the official Instagram acount!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRozOCVKGjT/

Still no brushable mane for Hitch but... you can brush the tail of this one? I guess it's an improvement? But I'm still annoyed with it. They are very actively trying to avoid giving him a brushable mane I don't understand at all.

Hitch’s molded mane bothers me on this toy more than any others we’ve seen so far…the rest of the toys in this clip look really high quality, but Hitch just looks cheap with his molded mane. They couldn’t even bother to paint it two tone like it is in the animation??

That being said though, the Pegasus sisters look amazing! These are the best wings I’ve seen on a mlp toy so far! I wonder when these will be released? I might hold off on buying any other sets to get this set instead…
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 23, 2021, 06:49:55 AM »
I found this set yesterday.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 23, 2021, 09:58:07 AM »
Petals looks WAY cuter in that toy set than she's had in other versions of her. I think her head shape is a little rounder and her back is shorter. I'd love it if they could just use that model of her with brushable hair and no articulated limbs.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 23, 2021, 11:23:48 AM »
The G5s are really growing on me lately. I ordered the Walmart set. My only remaining hangup, and it's a big one, is Hitch's non-brushable hair. What a dumb decision. No one's going to die if they see a male character with brushable hair, Hasbro. Especially if that character is a HORSE!? Pipp looks fine with long hair, Hitch would, too!
 I saw Hitch's fashion style in the video and it's got a brushable tail but a molded mane. Why...

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 23, 2021, 02:57:52 PM »
I haven’t been able to find any g5’s at my Walmart. It looks like the toy section will stay empty for a while. I don’t like how small the toys are and how most of them have molded hair. I really hope this changes.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 23, 2021, 08:37:12 PM »
The G5s are really growing on me lately. I ordered the Walmart set. My only remaining hangup, and it's a big one, is Hitch's non-brushable hair. What a dumb decision. No one's going to die if they see a male character with brushable hair, Hasbro. Especially if that character is a HORSE!? Pipp looks fine with long hair, Hitch would, too!

This is a good point that I didn't consider before. One could have maybe made the argument that they gave Hitch molded hair because his character model has such a short mane. But Zipp has an equally short mane, yet that didn't stop them from changing her design when it comes to the toys! So clearly the decision making process solely came down to the fact that Hitch is a boy character, and for some reason they just don't want kids to be able to brush a boy's hair. That confounds me.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 23, 2021, 11:53:57 PM »
Am I thinking too hard, or is this lowkey sexist ?  :blush: In the 80s, there used to be the Big Brothers and they had brushable hair. Everyone loves them. G2 had boy ponies as well, they just looked the same as the females because they made no sexual dimorphism in G2. Now in G5, there's this clear distinction and that makes me sad. Have we regressed ?   :huh:
I'm probably making no sense... I'm tired... Sorry. :(
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2021, 06:52:20 AM »
Am I thinking too hard, or is this lowkey sexist ?  :blush: In the 80s, there used to be the Big Brothers and they had brushable hair. Everyone loves them. G2 had boy ponies as well, they just looked the same as the females because they made no sexual dimorphism in G2. Now in G5, there's this clear distinction and that makes me sad. Have we regressed ?   :huh:

That's how I feel too. You'd think Hasbro would try and be "woke" and fit in with the modern day. They had the sense to make a male character a main character in a female centric franchise but continue to give them molded hair? Not sure if Hasbro is cheap or just stupid.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 24, 2021, 07:13:58 AM »
I completely agree Rose, this is just ridiculous and so backwards! Even the G4 boys had proper hair, sure it was different to the girls, but they still weren't stuck with stupid molded manes. -_- I've NEVER understood why boy dolls with proper brushable hair are so rare, but extending that to PONIES?!? Are you kidding me, Hasbro???

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #549 on: July 24, 2021, 08:03:15 AM »
i saw the Charming Styling size Izzy this week in person and I think they look much better in person.   I think the head shape theyve chosen just doesnt photograph well.

I’m holding out for Sunny and Hitch so hopefully they’ll show up soon.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 24, 2021, 08:26:10 AM »
I completely agree Rose, this is just ridiculous and so backwards! Even the G4 boys had proper hair, sure it was different to the girls, but they still weren't stuck with stupid molded manes. -_- I've NEVER understood why boy dolls with proper brushable hair are so rare, but extending that to PONIES?!? Are you kidding me, Hasbro???

I hated the troll doll hair, and the roached manes and mop top.

Post Merge: July 24, 2021, 08:42:44 AM

I agree with you.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:44:41 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #551 on: July 24, 2021, 11:45:49 AM »
New unseen set of molded hair G5s. There's some non-Mane 5 finally but I wish they were brushables. Hitch isn't included in the set.

https://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Movie-Collection/dp/B08TQJ7DFP/

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 24, 2021, 11:54:59 AM »
Hey! That's some of the ones from the advent calendar.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #553 on: July 24, 2021, 11:55:42 AM »
New unseen set of molded hair G5s. There's some non-Mane 5 finally but I wish they were brushables. Hitch isn't included in the set.

Wow the character variety I was thinking this was going to be mane 6 all over again. The castle symbol is awesome.

For Sale Wants

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #554 on: July 24, 2021, 11:59:23 AM »

Yeah there's something there that doesn't seem right with me. G4 really started an unnecessary trend with their weird rectangle headed boy pony/balloon headed girl pony dichotomy.

Oh boy here comes the recolor squad!  :silly: When I opened the page my eyes were immediately drawn to the massive dark eyebrows on the chili pepper pony. That's... certainly a design choice.

Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal