collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 80515 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2021, 10:55:48 AM »
I did a quick edit of the new toy! The thing that bothers me the most is the skinny neck and the super short snout!
I hope they'll tweak them a bit!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This looks a lot better! I have little hope for this generation, I loved G4 but these ones take the flat-face thing a bit too far, and I also don't like how the mane is so round in the front, almost like a human hairline. I think the G4 FS ponies did the thicker mane perfectly, a few extra rows but still shaped (mostly) like what you'd expect from a horse mane.

The feathered hooves are nice though!

The Pony Life toys  are the flattest- faced that the ponies have ever been. We should at least be somewhat grateful they gave the poor, ugly beasts their lower jaws back and shrunk their heads.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sunshinedim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2021, 01:50:34 PM »
Happy you two liked it!  :)
I did another edit for fun to bring back some of the "horsey-ness" from the early Gens

It makes me sad that in the recent generations they start to look less and less like horses.... :T

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »
I did another edit for fun to bring back some of the "horsey-ness" from the early Gens

It makes me sad that in the recent generations they start to look less and less like horses.... :T

Ooh she looks cute with the blush. 

Offline sunshinedim

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »

Ooh she looks cute with the blush.

So happy you liked it :D

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »

Omg this is the BEST edit I've seen! She looks like the character while still resembling a horse instead of Elsa on a pony body lol

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2021, 05:38:04 PM »

This is adorable! I would want to collect them if they looked like this. It’s not even a matter of looking horse-y for me, I just want them to be cute.

I always think when someone on here does little edits that make such a huge difference, why can’t the toy designers see the awkwardness and how simply it could be made better.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2021, 10:12:36 PM »

Ahhhhhh this is such a super cute edit! If their faces looked like this I'd be obsessed!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2021, 08:47:57 AM »
So like, when do you think we'll start seeing other species in toy form? I'm curious about the pegasus and alleged unipegs.

I'm also curious what other species might make a comeback. I'd really like to see sea ponies, (not the misnamed g4 ones, those are mermaid ponies) come back. As well as flutters with stronger wings. Wingers too. And yes, new merponies.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2021, 09:09:37 AM »
So like, when do you think we'll start seeing other species in toy form? I'm curious about the pegasus and alleged unipegs.

I'm also curious what other species might make a comeback. I'd really like to see sea ponies, (not the misnamed g4 ones, those are mermaid ponies) come back. As well as flutters with stronger wings. Wingers too. And yes, new merponies.
I'd LOVE to have some new wingers or flutter ponies!! G4 did have insect-type ponies in the form of breezies, but those always felt like accessories rather than proper ponies to me (I'm not sure they even had their own names...)

Offline sunshinedim

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2021, 09:40:30 AM »

I hope that we'll get some sea ponies too! (seahorse-like not mermaid ones haha). If I am correct no Generation besides G1 had sea ponies! Hope we'll see them again in G5

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2021, 04:13:21 PM »
I am hoping that Zipp will have a nice, long mane instead of her paintbrush head, and multi-colored wings.  Not sure how those Fluffy swablu-candy wings of Pipp's will translate?

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2021, 04:33:56 PM »
Wonder if we'll see more obscure species like Windy Wings or Flutter Ponies!

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2021, 08:08:53 PM »

I hope that we'll get some sea ponies too! (seahorse-like not mermaid ones haha). If I am correct no Generation besides G1 had sea ponies! Hope we'll see them again in G5

To be honest I don't see them making a comeback. I think it's time to let go.
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Nienor

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2021, 07:46:26 AM »

I wish they were like that. Unfortunately, I find G5 ponies a bit creepy with this human-like face (I mean, what's with the eyebrows?). G4 was also meh but I think G5 is the worst to date.

Offline sunshinedim

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2021, 07:59:27 AM »

I wish they were like that. Unfortunately, I find G5 ponies a bit creepy with this human-like face (I mean, what's with the eyebrows?). G4 was also meh but I think G5 is the worst to date.

I personally like the addition of the eyebrows. I think it helps a lot to make them more expressive

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal