collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 79924 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2021, 08:30:15 AM »
Quote from: TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

The differently colored wing thing is definitely weird. I was initially thinking it was going to be the case with all pegasi in G5, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the two guard pegasi from that movie screenshot we have, so maybe it is just her? It's definitely very strange. I really hope we see a toy of her soon, I'm curious how they're going to do the differently colored wing thing with the toys. Whether they'll be directly connected to her body and they'll just be painted, or if they'll do something similar to what they did with some later G4s and the G4.5 pegasi where the wings are separate and can be moved around a ball joint (just like the G4.5 heads), and then they just use a different plastic color for the wings rather than paint them.

G3 pegasus sometimes have different colored wings.

It could be that the underside of her wings are white and the top is pink?
No?
Top are also white.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The only g3 I know to have different wings is starcatcher. (I do not care for G3 so don't know a lot of about it). I only see animation screenshots with white wings.. and toys with or blue wings. If the giant blue wings came first, then I just see that as a gimmick, and nothing about character design. I am not sure g3 relevant, at least it's not to me.

The thing to me is visually -- those very much stand out. So I find it a bit odd. If it's just a part of the design, because her body will have more white gradient, then maybe it doesn't look as odd. And even if they are just pure white just because, I think they still look fine. I don't think negatively about them. They just stand out to me.

Maybe she's cosplaying?  You know, since the pegasus, unicorn, and earth ponies are all separate in this particular world, maybe she's a super-fan and wears them and once the magic is returned she gets to have them for real.

Okay, probably not but you never know with Hasbro these days.  :P

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2021, 09:02:13 AM »
lol!
I like the idea of cosplay. XD Maybe that's why izzy has a different color horn too. hahahah.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2021, 09:07:42 AM »
I just hope they don't do ball-jointed, removable wings. My son got a set of g4 pirate ponies for Christmas that have those, and they fall off constantly. I got so tired of kids bringing me wings to reattach that I rounded them all up and put them away...they can be wingless from now on.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2021, 09:10:56 AM »
I just hope they don't do ball-jointed, removable wings. My son got a set of g4 pirate ponies for Christmas that have those, and they fall off constantly. I got so tired of kids bringing me wings to reattach that I rounded them all up and put them away...they can be wingless from now on.

Yeah I'm hoping they don't choose that route either. Being able to pose them is neat and all, but it makes it way too easy for them to get lost while kids play with them. I can imagine most of those jointed G4 pegasi in thirft stores are probably wingless (or even if they're donated with wings attached, the wings would likely come off in the toy bins at thrifts).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2021, 09:23:32 AM »
@LAW
Yes thats true. I forgot about that.
The wings were a gimmick because butterfly hairclips were on trend. I'm still wondering. But I guess we could just as well end up with a G4 Princess situation were somehow the wings on the toys were different colors and sometimes separate moulds.

Thank you Zapper.

And good call about the G4 princesses wings also being different colors.

Post Merge: March 01, 2021, 09:26:18 AM

I have All About Soarin and I grew tired of this too. A dab of super or gorilla glue oughtta fix them up.

Post Merge: March 01, 2021, 09:26:59 AM

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I was thinking maybe we would get a head revision down the road. I think the heads look nothing like the movie characters because the toys were probably based off of 2D concept art. They probably had not done the 3D models yet.

Also, before the 2017 G4 redesign, the earth pony heads got a weird update around 2014, maybe even 2013? They actually ended up looking worse than they did before, but it definitely happened. I can't remember exactly what they changed. I think something about the position of the muzzle and I think the eyes might've been slightly altered too. I'm not dragging my Pinkie Pies out to check. XD

I hope they do too. And i hope they lengthen the muzzle while they're at it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:26:59 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2021, 09:13:36 PM »
I think they are nice.  I’ll probably pick up one of each.  just so happy we are getting non-fim-mane-6! (did i say that right?)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2021, 11:23:52 AM »
I'm hoping the hair will be nice and take dye, in the event that they don't do those nice little gradients on some of them.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2021, 06:31:35 PM »
In German, pg 8-11 has some product description for movie related Merch
https://jimdo-storage.global.ssl.fastly.net/file/3a4cbcf9-9b4e-44e4-902e-2581367efe6a/Hasbro-Online-Katalog_2021.pdf

Spoiler
Apparently Pipp is a Pop Star Princess  :drunk:

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2021, 08:19:59 PM »
As someone who is mainly collecting G2 all the G2 comments make me wanna cry lmao

I can kind of see the resemblance but G5 still looks far closer to G4 than I'm comfortable with; they still look stumpy, the squashed faces don't help, they don't look horse-y at all, THOSE ARE CAT EARS, ahem >>

The eyebrows are a huge no for me, and the art style is so Disney it's painful.  :X If I wanted a Disney pony I would buy a Disney pony, there's certainly no shortage of them at this point.

The general feeling I get from this is very middle of the road--they wanted to change the style just enough to where HOPEFULLY the Bronies won't find them sexy but also close enough to G4 that hopefully the Bronies will still be appeased and follow along for totally SFW reasons so Hasbro can continue to get that sweet sweet Brony cash.  -_-
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2021, 12:29:15 AM »
I stuck the new toy descriptions through translate:

Spoiler
My Little Pony Pop Star Pipp (working title)
Pipp is the princess of pop and that means she makes the liveliest appearances! Pop Star Pipp is 15 cm tall and sings great songs from the movie. By pressing her Legs move their fluffy wings up and down - one ponytastic fun!

My Little Pony Film: Royal Castle Slide
With her rainbow colored hair, Sunny shines with style. Sunny is 15 cm tall and comes with loads of accessories. If her hair is braided, it reveals itself enchanting rainbow pattern and with the accessories can also enjoy the best moments from the film while on the go be replayed. Including beauty spot tattoos, to style like Sunny.

My Little Pony Film: Rainbow Mane Sunny Starscout
Pipp invites you to a great adventure in her castle! Pipp is the princess of pop and that means she must arrive at their appearance in style. Simply the Pipp figure and her little animal on the double zip line attach, and you can go to the dazzling stage whiz down. There are many film masters in the castle Areas to discover!

My Little Pony Film: Ponies Im Kristall (working title)
A new group of great pony friends! Simply the magical Open the crystal and accessories appear that can be carried or used by children themselves, to decorate your pony - including a friendship bracelet! Includes a 3-inch, posable pony for My Little Pony movie.

My Little Pony Film: Singing and Skating Fun Sunny
Sunny is ready for her big magical moment! The size Sunny figure sings great songs from the film and brings in Microphone for the children to sing along with. The microphone is also a remote control to control Sunny's dance moves. Contains accessories to yourself and Sunny for the make a big entrance.

My Little Pony Film: Stories (working title)
With this range, pony fans learn the fantastic Get to know characters from the new My Little Pony movie. Each Pony comes with story accessories to match Izzy and Sunny making up great stories. Sunny comes with smoothie accessories and Izzy has avid DIY beetle friends with her.

There's almost certainly some mistakes in there, so if anyone speaks German, feel free to correct.

I'm really fearing there's going to be like zero variety of characters again, this time with even less than six. All I'm reading is Sunny, Izzy, Pipp, no mention of even Hitch.

interesting that Pipp's going to be a pop star pony. I wonder if she'll be a major character, or just an overhyped celebrity cameo like Songbird Serenade was.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2021, 12:46:11 PM »
I don't see any issues with the translation. Except that of course Pipp and Sunny are all singular in the German text. Ihr/ihre is her/her's in this context, not plural. There is only one figure per assortment, not multiple versions.

Yeah, everything sounds quite the opposite of diverse. Only 2-3 characters, excluding the surprise color swap collectibles. We know there is at least one figure of the boy pony coming out, so there's that.

Overall this could just be a symptom of the movie introducing these characters and future toys might feature more chars? After all, there is going to be a Netflix show.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2021, 01:24:08 PM »
Yeah I don't mind the lack of variety right now because it's to promote the movie, but it will be concerning if it continues. :( Right now we only have 3 characters formally announced with Sunny, Hitch, and Izzy, we still know nothing about Zipp and Pipp. We don't know about any villains/anatgonists, or any other characters, including Sunny's dad (I'm assuming that's her father). They would have to introduce more characters at some point.

This is really the first gen like this for MLP... G4 started off like any other gen but then in 2013 it slowly started to become more and more focused on the Mane 6, until 2018 when that's really all we got. Even the "non-Mane 6 & Princesses" characters we would get would just be the same characters again and again, like Lyra, DJ P0N-3, and even Minty. G5 could be the first full gen (not counting G3.5 or G4.5/PL) to solely focus on a few characters for its entire run.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
I think G2 started a little bit like this, actually. I mean, yes, we had a wider bunch of first characters, but it very quickly escalated into multiple Sundance/Sunsparkles, Ivy, Lighthearts etc. Berry Bright only ever had that one first release, but Morning Glory, Petal Blossom - they also saw rereleases as well pretty soon along the way.

This does seem MORE limited, but it just reminded me somehow of the start of G2.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2021, 08:50:29 PM »
As someone who is mainly collecting G2 all the G2 comments make me wanna cry lmao

I can kind of see the resemblance but G5 still looks far closer to G4 than I'm comfortable with; they still look stumpy, the squashed faces don't help, they don't look horse-y at all, THOSE ARE CAT EARS, ahem >>

The eyebrows are a huge no for me, and the art style is so Disney it's painful.  :X If I wanted a Disney pony I would buy a Disney pony, there's certainly no shortage of them at this point.

The general feeling I get from this is very middle of the road--they wanted to change the style just enough to where HOPEFULLY the Bronies won't find them sexy but also close enough to G4 that hopefully the Bronies will still be appeased and follow along for totally SFW reasons so Hasbro can continue to get that sweet sweet Brony cash.  -_-

The faces are weird

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2021, 01:01:02 AM »

I sadly gotta tell you that a quick internet research shows that certain people are already fawning over the two girl ponies, especially Izzy. I'll say at least the nature of the toys will probably repel a lot of them. In G4's darkest timeline Bs went into the doll isle in groups and filmed themselves freaking out over the toys. But I somehow doubt this will happen this time. Bs have their own conventions now where they can exhibit this behaviour and soil their brushables and whatever else the crazed portion of them loved to do.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal