collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 79911 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #840 on: October 13, 2021, 02:10:33 PM »
I'm wondering how much of this will even get to us this winter given all the shipping issues at the moment. It will be interesting to see what shows up :) I know some things are here already but I suspect some of the newer items might not get here till spring.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 13, 2021, 02:11:03 PM »
I'm wondering how much of this will even get to us this winter given all the shipping issues at the moment. It will be interesting to see what shows up :) I know some things are here already but I suspect some of the newer items might not get here till spring.

That's as good an estimate as any.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 13, 2021, 07:34:38 PM »
Maybe I'm mistaken and he wasn't actually part of that set...I remember in the picture he had shoes and looked like the same type of figure as the others, but perhaps he is actually part of a set we haven't seen yet.

In box stock pics do exist on mlpmerch. I'm not sure where they were found but it's possible he's from a later wave or a store exclusive.
Oh cool!  Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open.

Good point!  Maybe he is just delayed.  Now that I think of it, I did catch a bit on the news the other night about how they were encouraging parents to start their Christmas shopping for their kids early this year because of such delays.  I wonder if it will be impacting the Basic Fun ponies, too. 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 15, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
My boyfriend showed me a picture of the unicorn party pack at the Walmart he works at. 

Offline Cadence

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 16, 2021, 12:03:27 PM »
Maybe I'm mistaken and he wasn't actually part of that set...I remember in the picture he had shoes and looked like the same type of figure as the others, but perhaps he is actually part of a set we haven't seen yet.

Your not wrong,  but you know how shoddy Hasbro's distribution is under normal circumstances.

Yep, that set exists at least in stock photos! Just not on the poster that I got from the other Crystal Adventure sets. :P I’m wondering if maybe he will be part of a wave 2 shipment along with more Crystal Adventure Izzys once manufacturing and shipping delays catch up. That Izzy is pretty impossible to find in stores here, either due to her being extremely popular or under-manufactured and delayed, or just not shipped with the other girls. All we have are Sunny, Zipp and Pipp galore.
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 16, 2021, 05:23:23 PM »

Your not wrong,  but you know how shoddy Hasbro's distribution is under normal circumstances.

Yep, that set exists at least in stock photos! Just not on the poster that I got from the other Crystal Adventure sets. :P I’m wondering if maybe he will be part of a wave 2 shipment along with more Crystal Adventure Izzys once manufacturing and shipping delays catch up. That Izzy is pretty impossible to find in stores here, either due to her being extremely popular or under-manufactured and delayed, or just not shipped with the other girls. All we have are Sunny, Zipp and Pipp galore.

It wouldn't be the first time Hasbro left the second wave off the insert. It's happened all the way back to G3 at least.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 17, 2021, 08:52:51 AM »
i was also just wondering about the G5 set stuff.  All that seems available right now are the ebay options or amazon set.  I have not seen any MLP in my local wal-mart or targets so... boo.  I was finally going to cave and get my nieces ponies and now it seems no luck finding them in stores so I wonder was the movie popular enough so folks will wait out this shipping storm/nightmare back-up or since hasbro also got hit with recent passing of its CEO is that gonna factor in whether these toys are around after the holidays if they aren't going to make it to port in a month?

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 18, 2021, 07:26:38 PM »
i was also just wondering about the G5 set stuff.  All that seems available right now are the ebay options or amazon set.  I have not seen any MLP in my local wal-mart or targets so... boo.  I was finally going to cave and get my nieces ponies and now it seems no luck finding them in stores so I wonder was the movie popular enough so folks will wait out this shipping storm/nightmare back-up or since hasbro also got hit with recent passing of its CEO is that gonna factor in whether these toys are around after the holidays if they aren't going to make it to port in a month?

Do you have Meijer near you?  I finally looked in one and it had so many G5 and Basic Fun ponies, including the Sunny/smoothie set and Izzy/forest pets set. I wish I had looked there sooner!  My Target still had nothing, though.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 20, 2021, 12:10:30 PM »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #849 on: October 22, 2021, 03:16:53 PM »
I got the Unicorn Party Pack from Walmart as a birthday present :D After seeing them in person, I really like the toys. The almost smooth wings are kinda weird but they'll be easy to clean (not that I expect my ponies to get dirty, I'm thinking more of secondhand ponies). I like the different eye shapes and LOVE the hooves. The hair seem like nice quality too but I haven't really messed much with the hair yet, just first impressions. I do wish Hutch had real hair and that... Pip? the white pegasus, had her butch cut.

While I was in the toy aisle (I had to exchange the pack because the first one my mom ordered was missing Sunny... not sure how an employee could miss that but whatever, it's Walmart) I looked at some of the other toys and there were quite a few I would like to have.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 22, 2021, 03:28:00 PM »
I got the Unicorn Party Pack from Walmart as a birthday present :D After seeing them in person, I really like the toys. The almost smooth wings are kinda weird but they'll be easy to clean (not that I expect my ponies to get dirty, I'm thinking more of secondhand ponies). I like the different eye shapes and LOVE the hooves. The hair seem like nice quality too but I haven't really messed much with the hair yet, just first impressions. I do wish Hutch had real hair and that... Pip? the white pegasus, had her butch cut.

While I was in the toy aisle (I had to exchange the pack because the first one my mom ordered was missing Sunny... not sure how an employee could miss that but whatever, it's Walmart) I looked at some of the other toys and there were quite a few I would like to have.
Congrats, and I hope your having a good birthday today.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:24:10 PM by Loa »

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 22, 2021, 08:24:01 PM »
Saw these in NZ yesterday. They are SO expensive. $20-30 per pony and they felt very light and cheap.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 22, 2021, 08:45:07 PM »
Saw these in NZ yesterday. They are SO expensive. $20-30 per pony and they felt very light and cheap.

Yikes that price!

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #853 on: October 25, 2021, 04:19:24 PM »
My Walmart finally stocked the larger version of Pipp, no Zipp yet but I'm hopeful
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 25, 2021, 07:48:25 PM »

Do you have Meijer near you?  I finally looked in one and it had so many G5 and Basic Fun ponies, including the Sunny/smoothie set and Izzy/forest pets set. I wish I had looked there sooner!  My Target still had nothing, though.

just checked and it seems there's a set available around baltimore so at least there's a target that is claiming to have... no meijer's here

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal