collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 81078 times)

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2021, 06:55:40 PM »
I wonder if there's even going to be regular sized brushables without articulation in this line.

IIRC the sizes listed on the German catalog from a while ago implied roughly G4-sized ponies in a couple playsets? Hopefully they aren't just in playsets though :(

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2021, 08:41:48 PM »
I like the dark silky hair and deep green eyes on Pipp. If I had to guess at least her symbol,  I'd say a castle or bed on a cloud?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:50:30 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2021, 10:24:04 PM »
Ok, I'm home now and I can give my proper thoughts.
I'm very excited for the Pipp figure! She's my favorite character thus far and I really love this picture of her. It sells me on the face mold way more than Sunny's picture.
I like the dark silky hair and deep green eyes on Pipp. If I had to guess at least her symbol,  I'd say a castle or bed on a cloud?
Description and image in the spoiler. Don't look if you don't want to know for sure!
Spoiler
It's a purple music note with a crown motif. The individual notes are white, and the bridge? part of the note are spiked like a crown is. You can see its sillhouette in the background here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

...If that's really low res and you want to see it in better quality, here's Pipp's image gallery.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2021, 04:40:29 AM »
I don’t like how mechanical Pipp’s toy looks. The wing and leg joints stand out too much for me. Too many separate pieces joined together rather than one seamless mold. If it weren’t for her reminding me of a robot pony instead of a pony, she’d be cute. The neck/head portion of Sunny bothers me as well. But I like how her legs are part of her mould versus separate.

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2021, 04:57:19 AM »
I really do not like how the manes are rooted more like a traditional human doll head :/ I'm assuming Pipp is some kind of gimmick toy, so we'll likely see a more static version of her eventually.

I still really don't love this gen so far, oh well.

Offline Funky-Little-Equines

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • My pony tumblr
« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2021, 05:17:41 AM »
I might just be in denial but I’m hoping that the figures we’ve seen so far are ‘the movie’ toys and hopefully a more traditional line of brushables will appear alongside the show/ later media tie-ins haha.

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2021, 05:26:50 AM »
I don’t like how mechanical Pipp’s toy looks. The wing and leg joints stand out too much for me. Too many separate pieces joined together rather than one seamless mold. If it weren’t for her reminding me of a robot pony instead of a pony, she’d be cute. The neck/head portion of Sunny bothers me as well. But I like how her legs are part of her mould versus separate.
I'm pretty sure that particular one is mechanical.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2021, 06:34:17 AM »

Therein lies the problem with all jointed animal toys.

Ok, I'm home now and I can give my proper thoughts.
I'm very excited for the Pipp figure! She's my favorite character thus far and I really love this picture of her. It sells me on the face mold way more than Sunny's picture.
Description and image in the spoiler. Don't look if you don't want to know for sure!
Spoiler
It's a purple music note with a crown motif. The individual notes are white, and the bridge? part of the note are spiked like a crown is. You can see its sillhouette in the background here.

...If that's really low res and you want to see it in better quality, here's Pipp's image gallery.

I don't consider a symbol a spoiler.  ^.^ Thank you BTW.

I really do not like how the manes are rooted more like a traditional human doll head :/ I'm assuming Pipp is some kind of gimmick toy, so we'll likely see a more static version of her eventually.

I still really don't love this gen so far, oh well.

They wouldn't hafta be that way, if Hasbro stepped away from thinking that equines have round, bloated heads.

Offline TwinkleSnow737

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2021, 09:06:56 AM »
I was iffy on the g5 toys when they were first shown. I didn't care about the action figurey ones because I prefer brushable hair, but Sunny looked weird to me. She was shown from a better angle this time and kinda grew on me. But Pipp. Pipp. I think I'm super excited for g5 now. Pipp's toy is so beautiful, especially her hair. This might be in part because I love gimmicky ponies, though. Her soft, flappy wings are so lovely. I can't wait to get my hands on her.   :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2021, 10:15:35 AM »
Pipp's toy is cute, but I really hope they make a non-articulated version of her. Articulated toys are the bane of my existence. They don't look as nice as a toy with clean lines, and if I give these to my kids, they will drive me nuts with them. We have these Toy Story figures where every joint moves, and my kids are constantly whining that they can't make the limbs go a certain way (because the joints got twisted around) and it makes me want to pull my hair out. My toys were always just one piece when I was a kid, and I managed to play with them just fine!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2021, 10:46:57 AM »
Whoa, Pipp looks worlds better than Sunny. Hopefully we get more like that! Though her legs look kind of bloated...
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2021, 08:40:49 PM »
I'm sure we'll see plenty of non-articulated ones release! This generation's going to have to go for at least a few years and since these ponies we've seen so far are the main cast, they're of course going to have a variety of different releases. I hope we get to see the more regular brushable images soon! I assume both brushables we've seen so far are probably more "styling" sized ones?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2021, 03:26:15 PM »
I think it's funny so many people prefer the Pipp toy to Sunny because they look the same to me but Pipp's hair style is hiding the head shape better. I suppose the eyebrow placement on Pipp is better too, though.
I think of the new main characters, based on design, I like Pipp the most so far. I hope they come out with some cuter, simpler toys because I do find them pretty cute in the movie images. I'm interested to see what their personalities will be. Pipp seems to be really into her phone based on both her intro animation and 1st toy having it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2021, 03:45:51 PM »
I can't see myself buying either of them. I find Pipp's head shape no less bothersome then Sunny's.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal