collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Donor pony tails?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
Donor pony tails?
« on: February 25, 2021, 06:13:35 AM »
What do you do with the pony tails you take from custom bait? Is there a system of matching up sad, tailless ponies with new tails?

I have a very sad looking sunburst but I have no idea where to go about procuring a tail for him! I'd rather use original hair, if possible; does anyone know of a red pony I could use that has the same shade?

Big apologies if this is the wrong place! I wasn't sure whether here or the corral was the right place  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Donor pony tails?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 06:17:59 AM »
We have a bait sharing thread...I think it would be sweet to have a tail donation thread as well. I had someone on Instagram send me three tails and I was able to reuinite Cotton Candy with hers! I don't have Sunburst's color but I hope you find someone to donate!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 06:31:53 AM »
OOFT!!! Sunburst's hair shade is HTF. I don't know if it was used on any other Pony
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 06:37:41 AM »
OOFT!!! Sunburst's hair shade is HTF. I don't know if it was used on any other Pony

XD The answer I feared - I spent an hour earlier looking at G1s with the same shade but I could not for the life of me tell if it was my screen or if he's just got a fancy colour!! Poor lad might have to remain tailless for the foreseeable future

That being said, I do still love the idea of a tail donation thread  :P

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 09:40:17 AM »
I thought we used to have a hair trade thread a few years back... Maybe I'm imagining things.  Would be nice to have one stickied right there next to the seeking baits thread or somewhere else obvious.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 03:52:33 PM »
What shade is his tail?  Maybe someone has a tail sized amount hanging around.
:socks:   :frog:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 05:14:09 PM »
Is it the same red as Barnacle? I think I have a Barnacle tail.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 05:44:02 AM »
Sunburst's hair is matte red - the same red that was used on Baby Stockings (too short) and on Merry Treats (long enough but two toned with the green). So you'd have to combine 2 tails from Merry Treats to get an appropriate Sunburst tail. I have 2 Merry Treats original tails which I can sell to you.

And I have made a list which pony has which color and in case you need to match it with new nylon which supplier has it and what's the color's name.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 07:21:05 AM »
I like the idea of a stickied thread about donor tails. I just keep my spare tails in a bag in hopes that I can pair them up with any tailless ponies that come my way, but I don't ever use them for custom ponies. I'd rather see them go to someone who could use them. I don't have any red ones, unfortunately.

Offline pandabear_chan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 01:03:07 PM »
@LadyAmalthea

I use them for restorations and would love to take yours if you don‘t need them.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 02:14:31 PM »
@LadyAmalthea

I use them for restorations and would love to take yours if you don‘t need them.

I will save them for you then. I need to go through my bin and make sure everyone in there has a tail if I have one I can match them up with and then the rest will have your name on them. I have a few more upcoming projects that I'll be pulling tails out of, so I'll have more to add to the bag soon.

Offline pandabear_chan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 07:26:41 AM »
I will save them for you then. I need to go through my bin and make sure everyone in there has a tail if I have one I can match them up with and then the rest will have your name on them. I have a few more upcoming projects that I'll be pulling tails out of, so I'll have more to add to the bag soon.

That'd be awesome thank you, I have trade tails if you look for something special - like TE Ponies, Tropical, etc. I collected so many during my years, I'd love to get new ones and would give away some of mine. PM me if we like to chat about it.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »

That'd be awesome thank you, I have trade tails if you look for something special - like TE Ponies, Tropical, etc. I collected so many during my years, I'd love to get new ones and would give away some of mine. PM me if we like to chat about it.

Oh wow, those are ones I actually would use; most of the customs I make are babies for adult ponies that didn't get matching offspring, and those mixed-color tails are harder/expensive to make. The ones I have are pretty basic; mostly solid-colored baby pony tails, with the occasional adult tail thrown in, but if you can use them, they are yours. I'll let you know when I get this next batch pulled out and cleaned.

Offline pandabear_chan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 02:23:43 AM »
Oh wow, those are ones I actually would use; most of the customs I make are babies for adult ponies that didn't get matching offspring, and those mixed-color tails are harder/expensive to make. The ones I have are pretty basic; mostly solid-colored baby pony tails, with the occasional adult tail thrown in, but if you can use them, they are yours. I'll let you know when I get this next batch pulled out and cleaned.

I'd really need adult tails more than baby tails but if you have some good condition adult ones I'd be happy to see them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal