collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: disappointing pony mail  (Read 4760 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: disappointing pony mail
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 05:40:47 PM »
banditpony, do you think that they would accept a partial refund?? it'd be nice if they did bc i defintely wasnt expecting all that ick. feeling a bit pressured to wash her now bc I definitely dont want to leave stains or anything  :(

A good seller would...  they'd probably be shocked and embarrassed...

But the question would be how do you value that ... eh, who knows. That's why I say just quote them for time -- and even supplies, if you have to buy gloves.

Otherwise...
thanks to everyone .. I really appreciate the help! I checked and apparently the seller doesnt accept returns. hopefully they make an exception for me if I cant handle this.

What that means is a seller isn't going to accept a return because you changed your mind for no reason. They have to accept a return if an item is not as described... which, you obviously have a good case for. It's a part of "buyer protection".

If you completely don't want to deal with it or wash it-- don't. You don't have to. You'll be able to get another pony one day without the nasty gunk. Just ask for a return/refund and send it back as-is.

Also, I don't think it would stain right away. I just think it'd be easier to wash now while the gunk is still wet, rather then if it dries and hardens. It's a pet peeve of mine when that happens with dishes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 05:46:48 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 02:17:52 AM »
shaz, I've never heard of anything like that before sounds wonderful tho. but would it do anything to the symbols/ hair? I'm just very inexperienced with handling the older ponies and I dont want to ruin anything

It isn't good for metallic Princess pony symbols or Magic Message ones, but I've never had any problems using it on other ponies. It's my go-to for most toy-cleaning tasks. I found out about it because my grandma (who was very into hygiene; we have a quite a few OCD sufferers in our family) used to swear by it for just about everything! It can make the pony's hair feel a little dry, but nothing that a wash and condition won't sort out. I like it because it's not as harsh and chemically as bleach or alcohol based products.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 04:26:52 AM »
Seems you can get them on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Dri-Pak-Soda-Crystals-1kg-2-2/dp/B002SPFIFW

So. I looked it up. Soda Crystals are sodium carbonate, which in the US is called "washing soda". Arm & Hammer makes it, and can be picked up at walmart, etc for < $5.

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »
banditpony, do you think that they would accept a partial refund?? it'd be nice if they did bc i defintely wasnt expecting all that ick. feeling a bit pressured to wash her now bc I definitely dont want to leave stains or anything  :(

A good seller would...  they'd probably be shocked and embarrassed...

But the question would be how do you value that ... eh, who knows. That's why I say just quote them for time -- and even supplies, if you have to buy gloves.

okay so I sent a message:
Spoiler
Hello!

today I checked my mailbox and was very happy to see that I got the pony, thanks! however, I was not so happy to discover that it was covered in some yellow stuff, which I wasn't expecting. Would you mind explaining what this might be and is there a way we can work this out?

I have attached pictures below

Thanks

their reply:
Spoiler
Hello, I apologize greatly for this. I am not sure how that yellow liquid got in however I am sorry you had to experience this. Is there any way you can send more photos so I can get a better look at the yellow liquid? Also how would you like to proceed with this incident? You can always issue a return and I will pay for the shipping.

so they do seem like a good seller so far ..I'm starting to lean more towards keeping her but still not entirely sure until i send more pictures so they can see if they recognize anything. do you think that I could get away with a partial refund now?  :flirty:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 06:53:03 PM by faespirit »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 08:38:14 AM »
Ball is in your court to ask for a partial refund. :) As I said, if you explain the reasoning behind the amount you will ask, hopefully they would say yes... compared to grabbing a number out of thin air. As a seller, I'd say yes because I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of the return, cleaning it, and reselling it. I would consider it a time/money loss to myself.

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 01:02:19 PM »
they keep claiming that they have no idea where the yellow ick came from which I find hard to believe but they have agreed on a partial refund. not really how that works so I'll read your thread ;)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 01:06:29 PM »
they keep claiming that they have no idea where the yellow ick came from which I find hard to believe but they have agreed on a partial refund. not really how that works so I'll read your thread ;)

yay! :D I'm glad your seller wasn't a pain.

u_u; as for my thread, haha, whatever links were provided are probably the best way. I still didn't quite get a grasp on it myself, but it looked like BlueRose did.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 02:20:42 PM »

yay! :D I'm glad your seller wasn't a pain.

u_u; as for my thread, haha, whatever links were provided are probably the best way. I still didn't quite get a grasp on it myself, but it looked like BlueRose did.

Maybe it was in there before they dropped the pony in?  It could have been there for a long time too.  But yea, that's just too gross.  I hope it all works out.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Shrojjy

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 08:11:38 PM »
i wonder if maybe a young child was eating within reach of the pony/package and handled it while mom wasn't watching.

either way, glad it got resolved!

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2021, 12:54:41 PM »
I will never know D: but at least she cleaned up pretty wonderfully:D
https://imgur.com/gallery/ltOdiDj
^the pink in her hair was a bit on the fizzy side so I curled it out of the way to make it a bit more bearable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal