collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: disappointing pony mail  (Read 4761 times)

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
disappointing pony mail
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »
http://imgur.com/gallery/39WijIX

so I've never been disappointed by my pony mail but that changed today when seaflower came to me.

I opened the box to find that the pony and inside packaging had some yellow ick (I'm assuming dog $h!t or puke??) -either way, nothing as advertised. :redface:

part of me wants to hold on to her bc I love seaflower but the other half wants to return her (no way I'm touching her again until I figure out what that stuff on her is exactly  :X)

but anyway, I have yet to message the seller and ask them to clear things up. how should I go on to doing that?–nicely. what's even weirder is that they have 100% positive feedback ..

maybe its smth else and I'm overreacting but .. help me my pony fam

-fae

update: resolved

restoration pics! :
https://imgur.com/gallery/ltOdiDj
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:50:57 PM by faespirit »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: disappointing pony mail
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:52:09 PM »
Oh eww. What is that gunk?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 12:10:19 AM »
Yuck!

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 12:37:28 AM »
i would just put on gloves, rinse her off (into a container you throw away?) drop her in hot soapy water, pour her out with the dissolved water after soaking, and keep rewatering her a few times like that. Then clean her all over with gloves and finally just let her air dry and get to fixing the nice pink hair. its not a shiny pony so oxy clean might be good. its a nice pony and rare

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 01:12:25 AM »
I don't know if you have these in your country, but there's this awesome cleaning product called Soda Crystals. Put your pony in hot water (you can use boiling water; it will make your pony temporarily very squishy but she should harden up once she's dry. Don't use boiling water on hard plastic though, I once accidentally warped some dolls' house furniture!). Wear rubber gloves and give the pony a bit of a scrub (don't get burnt). The dirt should just slide off! Rinse and repeat until pony is clean.

Seems you can get them on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Dri-Pak-Soda-Crystals-1kg-2-2/dp/B002SPFIFW

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 01:19:28 AM »
It does look gross, but other than the gunk it looks like she is in great shape! Could it possibly be a food item like mustard? Still gross, but not as bad as dog poop or puke! ;) Might make cleaning her seem more bearable haha! I would just use gloves and wear a face mask to try and block out any nasty odors. Bathtub’s suggestion of a disposable bin is also great if you want to touch her as little as possible.

I’m not very good with confrontation, so I’m not sure if I have the BEST advice on that front. I think I’d contact the seller first and foremost and just ask if the pony came into contact with anything before they sent her. I’d include a picture because that might help jog their memory if they are unsure. If you are able to clean I feel like it’d be fair to ask for a partial refund at least. The item still wasn’t as advertised, and from the picture it looks like whatever that is may have discolored the plastic it came into contact with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 01:28:50 AM »
my first thought was some sort of condiment like mustard or something - is she smelly? (I mean I assume you've kept her at a comfortable distance, it does look disgusting D: )

I would also get some gloves and just clean it off, like Bathtub said. Maybe also a quick wipe with rubbing alcohol to disinfect the area (don't rub it on the symbols though)
then again I've dealt with some pretty disgusting ponies and am not super easily fazed by it. bugs are worse, eek! So I understand if "just grab some gloves and wash her" feels like too much.

ETA: I would also definitely bring it up with the seller. "Something like Hi, I Got the pony, thanks! but upon opening the mailer, I discovered she was covered in something yellow, which I wasn't expecting. Do you know what this might be, and is there a way we can work this out? Pics attached! Thanks" is probably along the lines of what I would write. :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:34:50 AM by Shaiyeh »

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 04:34:17 AM »
I think if washing her is too much, then you should just send her back for a full refund/return.

Otherwise, I think the best thing to do is just ask for a refund equivalent to your time of washing it up. And if you went that route, I'd wash it sooner rather then later in case it dried.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 06:21:39 AM »
I like Shaiyeh's message draft! I'd definitely contact the seller and ask them about it, as well as wash her to see if it comes off. Whatever it is, if the yucky-looking stuff leaves a stain, that's certainly grounds for a (partial) refund. And asking for some compensation for your time like banditpony suggested sounds good too.

Let us know how it goes!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:29 AM »
Oh man. I had this happen when I bought Fizzy. She turned out to be super hard, have age spots, and was all sticky on the inside. When I told the seller about it, since it wasn't in her listing, the seller told me that I should have asked about flaws before I bought her.

The username comes up with nothing when I search for them now so at least I assume their crap caught up to them.

I'm sure in this case it's an innocent mistake. Best to assume that and proceed that way, seconding Shaiyeh's suggestion!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:39:03 AM by reanna-mator »
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 11:27:09 AM »
Ew. I can't believe someone would knowingly send something like that, and I don't know how on earth one could have accidentally packaged that up without seeing it! Does it reek? I mean, I wouldn't put my nose too close to it, but it might at least give an indication of what it is. I'm not great at confrontation either, but I'd do as other posters have suggested and contact the seller, at the very least to find out exactly what it might be so you know how to go about cleaning it.

I had a gross pony arrive recently; it was a BnG Bouquet who looked fine in photos but was dirty and sticky when I opened her up. She cleaned up okay, so I didn't say anything to the seller, but she didn't have actual chunks on her like this poor pony does.

Offline JanuaryJoy

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • G1 & G3 MLP Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »
:yikes:
WHO DID THAT TO SEAFLOWER??? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, THAT POOR HORSE!

OK, I definitely laughed at those photos because it's just so outrageous the seller was careless enough to ship it with a glob of forbidden toothpaste on it. Everybody else's replies are more constructive and helpful than mine, but I'll say messaging the seller with your photos to ask what on God's green earth that is stuff is would be a phenomenal idea. I'd stay civil and speak with questions rather than anything remotely demanding, that'll make you out as more friendly.
If you're dissatisfied by their response, consider getting some kind of refund or discount for the poor service. Or a whole refund if you're unable to sanitize Seaflower to your liking...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:01:04 PM by JanuaryJoy »

:rainbow: 𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪𝕁𝕠𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕞𝕖 :rainbow:

Offline FernMariposa919

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 02:19:40 PM »
Ew. I can't believe someone would knowingly send something like that, and I don't know how on earth one could have accidentally packaged that up without seeing it!

I know! These were my thoughts as well! There is no way the seller did not see that big gob of whatever that is and at least try to clean it up before sending the pony, or at the very least tell the buyer about it. I cannot imagine ever sending a pony like that, good lord! Poor Seaflower! 

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 02:38:49 PM »
thanks to everyone .. I really appreciate the help! I checked and apparently the seller doesnt accept returns. hopefully they make an exception for me if I cant handle this.

bathtub, thank you I might just have to do that but I still can't bring myself to touch her again especially if its dog poop/puke. maybe its that Ive never had any furbabies before but its still disgusting. poor baby has been sitting in the same spot ever since. I hate seeing her like this >_<
it might actually be the only option I have left now .. better than throwing such a nice pony away like my dad is suggesting.

shaz, I've never heard of anything like that before sounds wonderful tho. but would it do anything to the symbols/ hair? I'm just very inexperienced with handling the older ponies and I dont want to ruin anything

minty, Im keeping my fingers crossed that its only mustard but its a little bit on the brownish side aswell. if only I could get someone to come and do it for me bc i really dont want to myself. Id pay them good money ... jk haha

shaiyeh, Im not sure if its mustard but again I really hope it is. also thank you so much for message draft I think that I know what I want to write now :)

banditpony, do you think that they would accept a partial refund?? it'd be nice if they did bc i defintely wasnt expecting all that ick. feeling a bit pressured to wash her now bc I definitely dont want to leave stains or anything  :(

january,  :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: they have 100% positive feedback so im still shocked as to why that happened .. must've been a mistake. still, Im pretty disappointed this was definitely unexpected. makes me wonder what my ponies have been through as most of them are second hand

but anyways, ill message the seller right now and update soon. hopefully its just a food item  :(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:43:39 PM by faespirit »

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »
It looks mustardy to me too.  Fingers crossed she cleans up nice!
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal