collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HQG1C Tail Holes?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
HQG1C Tail Holes?
« on: February 22, 2021, 03:08:39 PM »
I've got some HQG1 ponies for customizing, but I noticed they don't have any tail holes at all. What tool do people use to punch a tail hole? Or is it easier to root the tail like the mane?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: HQG1C Tail Holes?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
I would say it’s best to drill a hole on using a suitable sized bit.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 09:36:55 PM »
You "should" be able to push them in or out with something like a skewer... Not as easy as it seems but doable
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:01:08 AM »
I just use a scalpel tool, a sharpe craft knife, I like the holes to be bigger anyway, so I make them bigger that way with all my pony customs.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:11:38 AM »
How odd...the blanks I ordered came with the tail holes already punched. I wonder if different sellers sell them differently.

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 09:06:19 AM »
I have two with holes partly punched, but the third has no butt marks at all, just a solid plastic mold.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 12:37:26 PM »
i think the only one without a tail hole is the glitter unicorn. It was an early mold made, and the factory was being difficult with us and wouldn't put the hole in for us at first.

I had to manually drill holes in all the Genie's and put the tails in.. Was a true labor of love lol!

But a drill bit would work best, the others with the indentation in it, you should just be able to poke them out with the end of a scissor.

Hope that helps. :)

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 06:36:14 PM »
It is the glitter unicorn!

I may root the tail, just as an experiment (and i have no idea where my drill has gotten to lol)

thanks for all the info!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 04:47:11 AM »
I have noticed that many of my HQG1C tail holes are a little small for my liking - but then, I love a thick tail! So whether there's a tail or not, I'll do the same; I take a sharp x-acto knife, put it in the center of where I want my hole, and carefully cut a tiny hole. Once the hole is there, I'll put the knife in, then carefully spin the knife so it'll start making a hole. It's not the most elegant solution, and I usually have to go back and neaten things up. But it's slow, and I'm able to control how big the tail hole is - for the most part! My last pony got an extra-large tail hole by accident! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 06:14:28 PM »
I have noticed that many of my HQG1C tail holes are a little small for my liking - but then, I love a thick tail! So whether there's a tail or not, I'll do the same; I take a sharp x-acto knife, put it in the center of where I want my hole, and carefully cut a tiny hole. Once the hole is there, I'll put the knife in, then carefully spin the knife so it'll start making a hole. It's not the most elegant solution, and I usually have to go back and neaten things up. But it's slow, and I'm able to control how big the tail hole is - for the most part! My last pony got an extra-large tail hole by accident! :lmao:
My poor Prince Lapiz has extra decor round his tail because I made the hole too large...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 11:43:15 PM »
My poor Prince Lapiz has extra decor round his tail because I made the hole too large...

That's a great solution! Yeah, I ended up doing it on a dyed pony, one of a kind ... I tried to shrink the hole by boiling it, no dice! So I ended up putting AN ENTIRE HANK OF HAIR in for his tail. And it's STILL a little loose, LOL!! He's gonna have one magnificent tail! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal