collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Winner's Stable  (Read 2806 times)

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
Winner's Stable
« on: February 16, 2021, 06:21:34 PM »
I was looking at Spirit stuff on target.com when I found these:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Apparently they're from a line called "Winner's Stable" which seems to be new. They're made by Just Play who are the same people behind the Spirit Riding Free toys. The horses stand 7 inches tall and the dolls are 5 inches tall (classic scale basically).

You can see all the products here: https://justplayproducts.com/brands/winners-stable/

How do you feel about about them? I think they're really cute and well-priced (the horse and rider sets are $10 each). Although I do think the tack and clothes are really tacky >_<.

Spoiler
This is just speculation but I think these might be Just Play's replacement for Spirit Riding Free once that toyline ends (which might be soon)
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Winner's Stable
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 07:11:12 PM »
I hate to compare everything to MLP but this is a really great value and it's hard to ignore it when Hasbro overprices ponies. $10 for a brushable posable doll, brushable poseable horse, accessories, AND fabric clothes... Hasbro wants $20 for the Smashin' Fashion set with Pinkie and DJ P0N-3, all solid plastic. They wanted like $15 for the Movie sets with Skystar and Pinkie, which only came with like 4 or 5 accessories.

On another note, I'm not so up-to-date with horse toys but I'm glad horse girls are still getting things! I was wondering what's going on nowadays with horse media... all that seemed to be going on ATM was MLP, Spirit, Schleich, and Breyer. Back in the 90s and early 2000s there was so much... Bella Sara, MLP, Breyer, Schleich, Grand Champions, Fashion Star Fillies, Saddle Club, Horseland, and probably others I'm forgetting... With unicorns plaguing everything you'd think horse toys would be more prevalent. :huh: Filly is a thing too I guess but that's not really an international brand, unfortunately.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 07:47:07 PM »
Oh, these look great! The horses are articulated AND brushable!
Too bad I am only into pony/cartoony type horse toys.
I am interested in the little dolls they come with too - I'm having trouble seeing how articulated they are...I always need 1/12 scale dolls for rebodies.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 08:47:40 PM »
Spoiler
This is just speculation but I think these might be Just Play's replacement for Spirit Riding Free once that toyline ends (which might be soon)

You are on the right track.
https://toyzeitgeist.blogspot.com/2021/01/breaking-up-is-hard-to-do-zeitgeist-025.html

I hate to compare everything to MLP but this is a really great value and it's hard to ignore it when Hasbro overprices ponies. $10 for a brushable posable doll, brushable poseable horse, accessories, AND fabric clothes... Hasbro wants $20 for the Smashin' Fashion set with Pinkie and DJ P0N-3, all solid plastic. They wanted like $15 for the Movie sets with Skystar and Pinkie, which only came with like 4 or 5 accessories.

I honestly think it's more that Hasbro thinks that fabric clothes are too hard for little kids to deal with. Because even dollar store dolls have fabric clothes.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 08:52:44 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 11:48:06 PM »
You are on the right track.
https://toyzeitgeist.blogspot.com/2021/01/breaking-up-is-hard-to-do-zeitgeist-025.html

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. How did I not know this?  :blink:

Spoiler
I thought Just Play would have the license until the end of the series (which I think is going to be the movie). I really enjoy collecting the Just Play line which is a huge disappointment. I might give the Mattel toys a chance but from what I've seen they're pretty awful. The horses look like garbage, have clear stands sticking out of their backs, have molded tails combined with brushable manes, are only sold with the dolls, and don't even come with tack.  :cry:
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline PrismaHeart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 11:40:16 AM »
Oh wow the horses in all of them are so pretty! I definitely see myself buying them just for the horses, might take all the accessories and put the dolls in storage tho  ^^;
I honestly want to expand my non-mlp pony/horse collection. Or at least my inner horse girl wants to :silly:

:good: icon by RRd :heart: sig art by bunxl :heart: wishlist :heart: current collection :good:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 12:07:12 PM »
They look ugly. uote author=Ragamuffin link=topic=400805.msg1844001#msg1844001 date=1613531472]

On another note, I'm not so up-to-date with horse toys but I'm glad horse girls are still getting things! I was wondering what's going on nowadays with horse media... all that seemed to be going on ATM was MLP, Spirit, Schleich, and Breyer. Back in the 90s and early 2000s there was so much... Bella Sara, MLP, Breyer, Schleich, Grand Champions, Fashion Star Fillies, Saddle Club, Horseland, and probably others I'm forgetting... With unicorns plaguing everything you'd think horse toys would be more prevalent. :huh: Filly is a thing too I guess but that's not really an international brand, unfortunately.
[/quote]

Breyers, Schleich, Safari Ltd, Mojo and Papo still make horses. There's also CollectA.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 11:27:44 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 01:56:04 PM »
Meanwhile there's me who thinks they are still too realistic. Like they just look like normal horses that have some hair dye.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 03:59:16 PM »
Meanwhile there's me who thinks they are still too realistic. Like they just look like normal horses that have some hair dye.

Hahahaaa no. Their anatomy is all wonky and those colors aren't done well.

That's ok. Really little kids will likely still enjoy them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 04:23:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:37 PM »
I wish they were more stylized since the anatomically isn't correct anyways

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 07:33:39 AM »
I don't understand what happened? They had finally started getting the hang of decent horse anatomy with their SRF 4-packs.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 08:06:39 PM »
I wish they were more stylized since the anatomically isn't correct anyways

Pretty much this. Too stylized to fit with accurate horse models, but too pseudo-realistic to fit with cartoony ones. It’s a miss for me. :shrug: It’s a shame—I was a big fan of the Spirit sets they made in this scale.

I don't understand what happened? They had finally started getting the hang of decent horse anatomy with their SRF 4-packs.

Which set(s?) are you referring to? Were they on the 7” scale, or something smaller?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 11:26:26 AM »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 11:30:41 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 07:03:55 AM »
https://www.target.com/p/spirit-riding-free-collectible-horse-4-pack/-/A-78793649

Roughly about the size of collecta foals

Ooh, those are quite nice... I’m even more sad now to see them lose the Spirit license. I was browsing Mattel’s new line for “Spirit: Untamed”, and the horses are just... not... remotely horse-like. They have giant heads, sculpted plastic tails, and wonky anatomy in pretty much every department. It’s not even done in a cute, cartoony style... They just look gross and misshapen.

Case in point: Spirit the cheaply-airbrushed mutant donkey. DX
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:30:41 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal