TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

partial refund?

(1/2) > >>

banditpony:
Hey!

Ok, quick question.

I have a seller who is cool with giving me a partial refund for something that got damaged, but I'm not quite sure how to tell them to do it.

For a seller to give a partial refund, do I have to actually request a return/refund? A seller used to be able to do it through the seller dashboard, but I don't see that option anymore. (I sold something recently so I tried looking for it). I contacted them by "other" because I didn't want to have a case triggered on them.

So I think the answer is yes. The moment I started a return, my seller put in for the partial refund within minutes. The process is not clear because "requesting a return" just seems like it's only about a return.

Oh well. It was great to get a cool seller for once. :)

tailrustedtealeaf:
I was gonna say through Paypal but, uh.
Can't do that anymore.
Uhhh My eBay?

banditpony:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on February 11, 2021, 11:09:39 AM ---I was gonna say through Paypal but, uh.
Can't do that anymore.
Uhhh My eBay?

--- End quote ---

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So I don't have seller hub, I use my ebay. Being in the sold tab, and doing the drop down doesn't show anything about a refund. (and I swear it used to). So i can't trigger those directions to show a refund option.

(I'm not trying to do a refund myself, but I figure if I see it, I could help someone else. except I don't know how anymore DX )

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

I gave the person that link, but if I did the same thing as the directions I don't see any of my sold items. That's why I wondered if I had to request a return/refund and maybe it would show up there.

bluerose9978:

--- Quote from: banditpony on February 11, 2021, 10:56:07 AM ---Hey!

Ok, quick question.

I have a seller who is cool with giving me a partial refund for something that got damaged, but I'm not quite sure how to tell them to do it.

For a seller to give a partial refund, do I have to actually request a return/refund? A seller used to be able to do it through the seller dashboard, but I don't see that option anymore. (I sold something recently so I tried looking for it). I contacted them by "other" because I didn't want to have a case triggered on them.

So I think the answer is yes. The moment I started a return, my seller put in for the partial refund within minutes. The process is not clear because "requesting a return" just seems like it's only about a return.

Oh well. It was great to get a cool seller for once. :)

--- End quote ---

Good to know for the future. I just had someone who wanted to do a partial refund or return. I didn't know how to do the partial with eBay's new system so she just did the return, which is unfortunate. I've never had a return before and I've been selling on eBay since the 1990s and this buyer has a feedback rating of 2, so I'm guessing they don't get that it hurts sellers like me to do returns. But at least I know now how to do a partial if I'm in this situation again.

bluerose9978:
I just found this:

Issuing a refund
You can issue full or partial refunds for items in Seller Hub or My eBay up to 90 days after the original transaction. Here's how:

Locate the order in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold.
From the dropdown menu, select Send refund.
Choose a reason for the refund.
Specify a refund amount at the item or order level.
Enter the desired refund amount, and select Send refund.
You'll get an email confirming that the refund has been initiated. Once complete, you'll get an email confirmation and the refunded amount will appear in your order details. You can refund up to 100% of the transaction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version