collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Damaged by Mechanical Equipment"  (Read 2244 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
"Damaged by Mechanical Equipment"
« on: March 17, 2021, 07:10:03 PM »
Has this ever happened to anybody? Not that long ago I received some pony mail and on the package was a sticker that read "Damaged by mechanical equipment. Please accept our apology. US Postal Service." I provided a picture of it in the link. Now, of course this made me extremely nervous when I read that! The package wasn't torn, though, just slightly dirty, perhaps. Also, luckily, my items weren't ruined and were perfectly fine. I had some pony wear that didn't contain any shoes or extra pieces. It was all flat fabric pieces.

However, I have to wonder, IF my mail had been damaged, what could I have done? I couldn't blame it on the seller because the USPS took responsibility. Would I have just lost my money AND what I paid for? Has this kind of thing ever happened to anybody and what did you do? I feel extremely lucky that nothing was damaged...still not sure what happened during the process of this pony mail!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190610601@N07/51047921172/in/dateposted-public/

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: "Damaged by Mechanical Equipment"
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 01:42:18 AM »
Yeah I've had a few, all from the USA.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
Re: "Damaged by Mechanical Equipment"
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »
Yeah, sometimes mail gets stuck in the sorting machines and gets torn, or a box will get slightly crushed, etc. They will usually put a sticker on it, or if the mail was opened in the incident they will put it in a new bag with a sticker on it and send it on the way. I've even gotten spam mail (like fliers and stuff) with the notification that it was damaged by machines.  I would think that you could still place a claim with USPS if the package was sent priority.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal