collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: partial refund?  (Read 3178 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
partial refund?
« on: February 11, 2021, 10:56:07 AM »
Hey!

Ok, quick question.

I have a seller who is cool with giving me a partial refund for something that got damaged, but I'm not quite sure how to tell them to do it.

For a seller to give a partial refund, do I have to actually request a return/refund? A seller used to be able to do it through the seller dashboard, but I don't see that option anymore. (I sold something recently so I tried looking for it). I contacted them by "other" because I didn't want to have a case triggered on them.

So I think the answer is yes. The moment I started a return, my seller put in for the partial refund within minutes. The process is not clear because "requesting a return" just seems like it's only about a return.

Oh well. It was great to get a cool seller for once. :)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 06:09:23 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: partial refund?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 11:09:39 AM »
I was gonna say through Paypal but, uh.
Can't do that anymore.
Uhhh My eBay?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »
I was gonna say through Paypal but, uh.
Can't do that anymore.
Uhhh My eBay?

So I don't have seller hub, I use my ebay. Being in the sold tab, and doing the drop down doesn't show anything about a refund. (and I swear it used to). So i can't trigger those directions to show a refund option.

(I'm not trying to do a refund myself, but I figure if I see it, I could help someone else. except I don't know how anymore DX )

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

I gave the person that link, but if I did the same thing as the directions I don't see any of my sold items. That's why I wondered if I had to request a return/refund and maybe it would show up there.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:22:04 AM by banditpony »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 05:08:39 AM »
Hey!

Ok, quick question.

I have a seller who is cool with giving me a partial refund for something that got damaged, but I'm not quite sure how to tell them to do it.

For a seller to give a partial refund, do I have to actually request a return/refund? A seller used to be able to do it through the seller dashboard, but I don't see that option anymore. (I sold something recently so I tried looking for it). I contacted them by "other" because I didn't want to have a case triggered on them.

So I think the answer is yes. The moment I started a return, my seller put in for the partial refund within minutes. The process is not clear because "requesting a return" just seems like it's only about a return.

Oh well. It was great to get a cool seller for once. :)

Good to know for the future. I just had someone who wanted to do a partial refund or return. I didn't know how to do the partial with eBay's new system so she just did the return, which is unfortunate. I've never had a return before and I've been selling on eBay since the 1990s and this buyer has a feedback rating of 2, so I'm guessing they don't get that it hurts sellers like me to do returns. But at least I know now how to do a partial if I'm in this situation again.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 06:02:15 AM »
I just found this:

Issuing a refund
You can issue full or partial refunds for items in Seller Hub or My eBay up to 90 days after the original transaction. Here's how:

Locate the order in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold.
From the dropdown menu, select Send refund.
Choose a reason for the refund.
Specify a refund amount at the item or order level.
Enter the desired refund amount, and select Send refund.
You'll get an email confirming that the refund has been initiated. Once complete, you'll get an email confirmation and the refunded amount will appear in your order details. You can refund up to 100% of the transaction.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 06:19:32 AM »
I just found this:

Issuing a refund
You can issue full or partial refunds for items in Seller Hub or My eBay up to 90 days after the original transaction. Here's how:

You'll get an email confirming that the refund has been initiated. Once complete, you'll get an email confirmation and the refunded amount will appear in your order details. You can refund up to 100% of the transaction.

Yeah, I mentioned earlier My Ebay drop down didn't work for me -- and showed my drop down screenshot. I've done it that way in the past...

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 06:53:18 AM »
I just found this:

Issuing a refund

Yeah, I mentioned earlier My Ebay drop down didn't work for me -- and showed my drop down screenshot. I've done it that way in the past...

I just did this for someone in My Ebay SOLD and it worked for me.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 07:46:05 AM »
That's where I was... I have done it in the past with the old interface with the drop down.

Maybe it's only there now when the buyer triggers it? I don't know. It wasn't something *I* needed to refund, I was just trying to help my seller. eBay is too confusing sometimes. <_<;

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 04:27:35 AM »
That's where I was... I have done it in the past with the old interface with the drop down.

Maybe it's only there now when the buyer triggers it? I don't know. It wasn't something *I* needed to refund, I was just trying to help my seller. eBay is too confusing sometimes. <_<;

Mine wasn't something I needed to refund either....I had someone who continued to check out without using the shopping cart and asked if there was some way they could get a partial refund for the extra shipping charges (they had bought 6 ponies and had been charged full shipping for each one). So I was able to go into My eBay Sold, and under each item I had to click refund, select shipping as the option and the refund amount I wanted to refund. I hope this helps.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 05:44:45 PM »
i've been trying to process a return for a few days for some items that got returned to sender by USPS. i have no idea why the package was rejected by ebay worldwide shipping.

it was for 4 items. ebay let me refund 3 items then the 4th would not go through. the buyer had to initiate all of the claims. I ended up sending a paypal payment for the 4th item. which is taking a while to go through so the buyer is upset and probably thinks i'm shady. and this is after i contacted ebay customer support and they said that the refund for the 4th item went through. it did not. ebay won't even allow me to upload an image of a screenshot of the paypal transaction so i can prove that i sent it.

i'm so ready to be done with ebay. but it's the simplest place to sell. their interface is the worst though. it's a horrible experience for everyone.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal