Pony Talk > Pony Corral

G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!

<< < (125/129) > >>

Taffeta:
I would like a ritual burning of the term everypony. We didn't need it for 20 years. We don't need it now. Basically.

It just sounds massively patronising and (especially in G4), kind of exclusive considering that there were a lot of non-pony species. I don't know if that will happen in G5, so it may not matter, but it still needs to go.

Leave a Whisper:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on October 25, 2021, 09:29:57 AM ---I would like a ritual burning of the term everypony. We didn't need it for 20 years. We don't need it now. Basically.

It just sounds massively patronising and (especially in G4), kind of exclusive considering that there were a lot of non-pony species. I don't know if that will happen in G5, so it may not matter, but it still needs to go.

--- End quote ---

:iconclap: :good:  :beerchug:

MJNSEIFER:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on October 25, 2021, 09:29:57 AM ---I would like a ritual burning of the term everypony. We didn't need it for 20 years. We don't need it now. Basically.

--- End quote ---
I personally like it as an alternative, and out of nostalgia (but respect those who don't), but I don't like it as a replacement - I'm actually going to try to make it seem like an alternative in my project, as it never made sense as a replacment (ponies have bodies, and can be one pony - there was nothing human about saying "everybody" or "everyone".)

So yeah, it should have been an alternative in my opinion.  I also didn't like hater-bronies made a song and dance about "everybody" being said on previous generations, when they (presumably) didn't butter their eyes at it being said on G4.

Ponyfan:
"everypony" instead of "everybody" is bad but "everycreature" is worse to me.  When FIM started the story line about the School of Friendship they started using that when talking to animals that aren't ponies.

Ponyfan

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42:

--- Quote from: Ponyfan on October 25, 2021, 09:55:30 AM ---"everypony" instead of "everybody" is bad but "everycreature" is worse to me.  When FIM started the story line about the School of Friendship they started using that when talking to animals that aren't ponies.

Ponyfan

--- End quote ---

Yeah, "everypony" is very silly but at least it still rolls off the tongue as easily as "everybody" does. "Everycreature" sounds so awkward and clunky due to having more syllables, and it's very weird that they would use that rather than just "everybody".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version