Pony Talk > Pony Corral

G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!

<< < (3/129) > >>

Leave a Whisper:
Pokeyonekenobie!  :scared: Go sit in the corner, and think about what you just said.  :rant:

;)

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42:
This doesn't really sound like anything we didn't know before? Besides the main character being an activist thing. But I thought we already knew it would take place in Equestria but with new main characters...?

In any case, I'm fine with that as long as the new main ponies don't get spammed in the toyline as much as the Mane 6 did. G4 is the least fun generation to collect for me when it comes to the main toyline and that's because of the lack of character variety. I hope Hasbro can improve themselves in that regard.

PinkieLopBun:

--- Quote from: TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 on January 29, 2021, 10:17:13 PM ---This doesn't really sound like anything we didn't know before? Besides the main character being an activist thing. But I thought we already knew it would take place in Equestria but with new main characters...?

--- End quote ---
I think there might have been some speculation that it would take place in Equestria, but I don't believe it was confirmed until now.

SunPony:
After reading the article I'm intrigued by the non-toy products hinted at.  Maybe we could see something like pony soaps with a different color and scent for each character.

Zapper:
At first I was delighted to read about new characters and the possibility of different designs to make ponies look not as samey. But then I got to the parts about the main character being an "activist" and everything taking place in the same world as FiM. The FiM canon is patchy and there were so many things that didn't make sense. Such as the role of princesses and why the heck they even existed. And on the other hand the world was so humanesque at times, it hardly felt like MLP. I don't want MLP stuck on that, tbh.

The stuff about activism to "make the world a better place" sounds like it will be even preachier than FiM, if that is even possible. I'm interpreting a lot into that one sentence, I know, but I am dreading some kind of "equalism!" type character. Sort of like the people you encounter on tumblr or twitter, because... what other kinds of activism are en vogue right now? Environmental activism would need the ponies to behave disgusting, such as drilling for oil, throwing trash in the ocean, killing for sport, etc. - and I was hoping they'd get away from having ponies mimic humans.

So eh, I am not getting my hopes up anymore. I'll wait and see and hopefully there will be an actually diverse range of characters (and not just based on girly stereotypes and themes).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version