Pony Talk > Pony Corral

G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!

(1/129) > >>

tailrustedtealeaf:
Original post in spoiler:Spoiler SpoilerFigured that it would be good to separate the media from the toy stuff.  ^.^
Hi, I'm Tailrust/Tealeaf, and I've been googling My Little Pony, going to the "News" tab, and then sorting by most recent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Today I found something on a Kidscreen article. I suggest reading the whole article but I put the important bits below:

--- Quote --- The introduction of new characters and a departure from designs featured in Friendship is Magic and Pony Life is intended to shift the brands focus to more modern themes like diversity and inclusion.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The moviess main character, for example, is an activist working to make the pony world a better place.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- Instead of abandoning the franchises characters and stories, the movie will take place in the same world featured in Friendship is Magic and Pony Life, but jump ahead in time to focus on a new generation of ponies and unexplored corners of Equestria. This creates opportunities to include nods to the propertys previous iterations, both in upcoming content and consumer products offerings.
--- End quote ---
4/30/2021:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I know a lot of you won't be happy about the reuseage of Equestria, but I enjoy seeing past generations hinted to so I think I would like to see a lot of hints to pre-G4 stuff. Probably G1 if anything, but I'm hopeful for others.
I'm also very excited for the merchandise stuff, but that's probably just me.  :awake:
Reminder that the movie comes out September 24th, 2021. I put all that we know so far (officially) on this wiki page.

---
2/11/2021: Now we have a mention of a TV show, which I think we were all expecting, but this is the first we're hearing about it from an official source:

--- Quote ---And eOne will begin reimagining popular Hasbro franchises. My Little Pony is getting a TV show reboot, for example. Goldner said more upcoming projects will be announced at the company's investor day on February 25.
--- End quote ---
---
2/12/2021: In a turn that doesn't surprise anyone, the movie's distribution has been picked up from Paramount by Netflix for worldwide distribution ASIDE from China, where eOne is doin' that.

--- Quote ---Paramount Pictures was originally set to distribute the film, which had been scheduled to open in theaters on Sept. 24, 2021. Hasbro’s entertainment studio Entertainment One produced the movie and will retain distribution rights in China.

Though the exact release date is unclear, “My Little Pony” is expected to land on Netflix later this year.
--- End quote ---
And directors:

--- Quote ---Robb Cullen and Jose Ucha directed the upcoming installment with Mark Fattibene. Cecil Kramer and Peter Lewis served as producers.
I tried to find the directors past filmography and didn't see much of interest.
--- End quote ---
Reviving so I can sort of keep things neat and organized and others don't have to do much scrolling through pages.
For all news so far, check my Movie wiki page. I reference when I can and try to keep it up to date.
Highlighting newest news:
4/30:

Zipp Storm and Pipp Petals animation reveal on 4/9: Youtube Link. They are sisters.
Trademarks filed on 2/25 recently unearthed give us full names for other ponies: Zipp Storm and Pipp Petals. There is also a related trademark for "Priness Petals". Pipp is the pink pegasus from the bedsheet leak a bit back, while we only have small images of Zipp from the investor event.

Literally. That's it.
5/22 Movie title is "My Little Pony: Pony Tale".
5/29 Nevermind, movie title is "My Little Pony: A New Generation" according to Boulder's site. Pranked?
Also posting a movie summary so we can all stay on the same page:

--- Quote ---In the new movie, the pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. Friendship and Harmony have been replaced by paranoia and mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species. Sunny - a feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony - is convinced there’s still hope for this divided world, but her slightly misguided and often hilarious efforts to change hearts and minds have led to her being branded a misfit. When Sunny befriends a lost Unicorn named Izzy, who wanders innocently into the Earth Pony town of Maretime Bay, the town has had enough. Izzy and Sunny must embark on an epic adventure that will include a daring jewel heist, outrageous conspiracy theories, elaborate musical numbers, and the world’s cutest flying Pomeranian. Their adventures will take them to faraway lands and force them to challenge the status quo by facing their fears and making new friends out of old enemies. The world Sunny has dreamed of her entire life could finally become a reality as Sunny and her newfound friends fight to prove that even little ponies can make a big difference.
--- End quote ---

6/30: Voices!

8/13: Trailer!

9/3: Glowin' Up, previously heard in the Singing Star Princess Petals toy, has been officially released (There are Youtube reuploads if the linked song doesn't work-it releases midnight local time so it only just became available to me a few minutes ago).

Just a little over 20 days to go until the movie releases..

9/15: Fit Right In, previously heard in the Singing Izzy Moonbow plush, has been released in Korean alongside animation from the movie.

9 days left!

SweetLemons:
Welp.

I am so sorry to everyone who wanted the Mane 6 gone, because even as a G4 fan I've gotten so sick of the rereleases, and yet, Hasbro still disappoints.

The good news is they won't be the focuses which is great, but how much y'all wanna bet these new characters will fill in the generation main cast plagues? We had the Core 7, the Mane 6, and now whatever the heck these new characters will be. I just want the ponies to be cute, that's it. If I don't like the designs I'm out.

But I'd be lying if I said I'm not somewhat excited about the movie. I want to see what it looks like before I cast my final judgements, and even though I'm okay with it taking place in the G4 world, I imagine a good lot of you aren't, and for that, I truly weep. It shouldn't have gotten to this point, but it did.

Also, I'm glad we dodged the bullet of the idea that the cast would be the Mane 6 with a twist. If it was that, I would scream bloody murder.

tailrustedtealeaf:

--- Quote from: SweetLemons on January 29, 2021, 10:45:49 AM ---Also, I'm glad we dodged the bullet of the idea that the cast would be the Mane 6 with a twist. If it was that, I would scream bloody murder.

--- End quote ---
Haha don't even joke about that, it'll give them ideas.  :yikes:

I'd reallly love to see some sort of design! Hopefully with the investor call next month we can at least get a sillhouette.

SweetLemons:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on January 29, 2021, 10:56:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: SweetLemons on January 29, 2021, 10:45:49 AM ---Also, I'm glad we dodged the bullet of the idea that the cast would be the Mane 6 with a twist. If it was that, I would scream bloody murder.

--- End quote ---
I'd reallly love to see some sort of design! Hopefully with the investor call next month we can at least get a sillhouette.

--- End quote ---

I have a pretty good feeling we're gonna get a reveal soon. My money is on that investor call, and if it doesn't get dropped there, it'll probably be either leaked by toy previews or randomly revealed. Pony Life's existence was detailed on some random Friday in November. Since this is a pretty big deal for Hasbro I don't think we're gonna be waiting too much longer.

Pokeyonekenobie:
I am okay with it being set in Equestria, but I would love if there was some visit to/mention of Dream Castle/Paradise Estate as a nod to the original series.  I do hope that they don't keep releasing the G4 Mane cast instead of releasing the new characters that they've promised to create.  Let's face it, there are definitely too many Pinkie Pies...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version