collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay woes  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay woes
« on: January 26, 2021, 11:18:49 AM »
I've been taking a little break from pony collecting for a while until I can get my new house organized and go through some files on an old hard drive in preparation to sell some stuff. In the meantime, I've been into plushy dragons. They're much easier to store in bulk and lighter to move around. The two lines I'm actively going after right now are Douglas Cuddle Toys and Jellycat.

There are a couple of Douglas ones that were discontinued. I've been successful in tracking down most of them, except for a purple (my favorite color!) one called Thunderbolt that was discontinued maybe so far back as 2014 or before. I have several eBay and Mercari searches set up looking for one, and I've posted a thread looking here.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On December 13, after more than a year and a half of searching, my search results popped up with what was clearly a picture of Thunderbolt in the listing. I pounced on it right away. The seller shipped 2 days later, with an estimated arrival date of December 21. Anyone who knows how holiday shipping has been going this year knows that did not happen. I was optimistic, but after days of anxious USPS tracking, it finally arrived on January 2.

I opened it and immediately realized it was the wrong dragon. It was NOT the picture of the one in the listing, but a dragon in a similar pose called Flashing Sword or just "Olive." Also discontinued, but I already have one. I opened a return request right away and sent the seller a message saying "You sent me the wrong dragon. You sent me the green one with a purple belly and gold accents, that I already have. I really, really want the pictured one that is purple with a green belly. Do you still have it? Please?"

The seller accepted my return request but never answered my message. Over the next day, I looked at the dragon and realized she was just different enough from the one that I already have that maybe I could keep her in my collection, like maybe a newer version. Her plush texture is different and her gold accents are done in a different material. After all that waiting anxiously through the holiday season, it just felt like maybe she was meant to be with me. I was also nervous that the seller hadn't answered my question as to whether she had the actual pictured listing, and didn't want to end up empty handed if I returned the one that did ship. At this point I really don't care about the $20, I just want the dragon. Anyway. I sent the seller a second message that said:

"Hi, I'm having second thoughts about returning the dragon, even though it was not the one pictured. It has slightly different details in the gold and the texture of the material, I think it may be a newer version than the one I already had. However, I am still actively looking for the purple dragon you put in the listing picture. Do you still have that exact one available? I would very much want to buy it if you do. Thank you, "

I received no response to that message, either. She did not close the return, which eBay said I had until Jan 19 to ship back. The seller has excellent feedback including for communication, so I am left wondering what is going on. I was hoping that after the return window closed, she would relist the dragon, which I would happily buy even at an increased listing price. So far nothing.

It doesn't help that my very next eBay transaction, albeit with a different seller, also had issues as the item had undisclosed damage. I found another discontinued dragon, this one HUGE and the retail price when she was for sale was $80-90. However, when she arrived, there was hot glue or some kind of adhesive stuck to her chest. It was not pointed out and can barely be seen in the listing pictures. I'm afraid to try to remove it from the metallic shiny fabric it's adhered to. At least I only paid $30 for her, so I'm going to hold onto her right now because she's the only one I've seen listed in more than a year and a half of looking. I haven't left feedback for either seller. I'm just frustrated and not sure if I'm looking for advice or just to vent.  :stressed:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:42:23 AM by Leopard_Print_Unicorn »
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Ebay woes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 11:48:10 AM »
That's so frustrating! I don't have much advice for you but I think it's a really neat thing to collect, I hope you can get the glue off your dragon and the other one pops up soon. Jellycat dragons are so cute.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay woes
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 12:43:46 PM »
That's so frustrating! I don't have much advice for you but I think it's a really neat thing to collect, I hope you can get the glue off your dragon and the other one pops up soon. Jellycat dragons are so cute.

Thank you! I got into dragons after reading Fire & Blood but I've always loved plushies. I love Jellycat and if I had more room and more money I would collect more than just the dragons. They're so beautiful and soft!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal