collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need to make an online catalogue  (Read 1092 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
I need to make an online catalogue
« on: January 26, 2021, 05:58:13 AM »
So yeah.. I need to do this, and figured maybe someone here might help? Has anyone uploaded their entire collection to some online catalogue?
I have an extensive collection of fabrics... Like an embarrassingly huge collection of prints... And I have no intention of stopping its growth lol, but its gotten so big that its nearly impossible for me to share it when I need someone to pick their fabric for a project...

I originally had it all listed on tumblr.. However its not organized, and tumblr does not work well mobile if you don't have the app installed, and I would like something that was more streamlined anyway... I am not planning on selling anything from this catalogue, it is strictly a visual reference.

I would like to be able to organize things, maybe using a keyword tag system (but not required)
I would for sure like to have categories that a person could click on and see all items in said category.
Also please no apps, I work mainly on a desktop, and I want this to be easily accessible without someone needing to install apps..
I don't mind paying a domain fee, but free would also be acceptable xD lol
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: I need to make an online catalogue
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 06:37:38 AM »
Why not google photos?

It'll give you the ability to store things. categorize things. share folders... etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 06:40:51 AM »
Why not google photos?

It'll give you the ability to store things. categorize things. share folders... etc.

oh? Ill look into it, I'm very unfamiliar with google, but I do know people who use it for a lot of different things now, I always forget that its more than a search engine now haha.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Ainadae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 06:56:05 AM »
I remember hearing about an app called Snupps for collectors to showcase their collectables, but think it (or another similar app) might be helpful in your case. I've never used it, but imagine it would have ways to add hashtags or the like so that you could sort through and find what you need when you need it!

EDIT: Tried to delete this as I just noticed you asked for no apps. Sorry about that!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:00:09 AM by Ainadae »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 07:58:18 AM »
You could try Pinterest.  You can make your own "pins" with what you have and then anyone can look at them.  And then when you no longer have that fabric you could just delete the pin or make it private until you get some more.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »
I like Tumblr a lot personally because you can use tags but it sucks that you can only search one tag at once, and if you don't get the app that would limit it a bit in functionality.
I think Snupps only lets you put stuff into folders.
I was considering making a wikia for my collection because I think it's fun to have interconnectibility, but I don't think that would be the best option for fabric.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 09:06:30 AM »
Why not google photos?

oh? Ill look into it, I'm very unfamiliar with google, but I do know people who use it for a lot of different things now, I always forget that its more than a search engine now haha.

If you have a gmail account, you should be able to access it through that. I just tried with my desktop computer. :)  (I usually use my phone, since I take pictures with my phone and send them that way)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal