TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Not sure whether to file "Didn't Receive Item" claim

(1/4) > >>

ZeldaTheSwordsman:
I ordered an item off eBay on December 28th. The estimated delivery date was between January 13th to January 15th. It hasn't shown up yet, it's not marked as shipped, the seller has not responded to either of my messages yet, and their most recent feedback has multiple negatives talking about ahipping.

But at the same time, I know things are chaotic, the postal service is overloaded and has been subjected to top-down sabotage...

And the item I bought was a rare deal for the item in question.

Idk what to do

tailrustedtealeaf:
If you don't have a tracking number at all, file the claim.

ZeldaTheSwordsman:
I don't have a tracking number, no.

I'm just worried that eBay will do a bad job on actually trying to contact and prod the seller, and then just give me a refund instead of making them ship the goods.

And that's assuming the seller isn't having legit difficulties. Or worse.

ETA:It's not out of the question that something may have happened to them... Looking at the feedback profile, there's a lot of good feedback. Lots of praise for fast shipping, item in good condition, stuff like that. It's only the five most recent feedback entries that speak of no communication and no shipping. And meanwhile, the seller's eBay store is completely empty. From what I hear, your typical scammer or inept seller tends to still be doing business in the mean time.
The abrupt shift in feedback, coupled with the complete lack of listings... It does suggest the possibility that the store's open but nobody's been home for a while.

banditpony:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on January 25, 2021, 06:44:20 PM ---If you don't have a tracking number at all, file the claim.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.

--- Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 25, 2021, 07:39:13 PM ---I'm just worried that eBay will do a bad job on actually trying to contact and prod the seller, and then just give me a refund instead of making them ship the goods.

--- End quote ---

It's not ebay's job to force a seller to send out goods.

PinkieLopBun:

--- Quote from: banditpony on January 26, 2021, 02:35:51 AM ---It's not ebay's job to force a seller to send out goods.

--- End quote ---
Maybe not, but he said it was a rare deal for the item in question, so I imagine he'd still rather get it this way instead of trying to find it somewhere else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version