collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Item returned, Seller wants me to pay for shipping again?  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
Item returned, Seller wants me to pay for shipping again?
« on: January 27, 2021, 11:46:25 AM »
Last month I ordered a toy (non-pony) from ebay and had it delivered to my boyfriend's house. After Christmas it went out for delivery several times before returning to the sender. The tracking number is here: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tRef=fullpage&tLc=2&text28777=&tLabels=9400108205496057041595%2C&tABt=false Our zip code is 34953, it seems like they went to the right zip then it got forwarded? On ebay, the last update says "missent" ):

This is the usual address and many things have been delivered to it before, so I do not think I got the address wrong. I filed a didn't receive item claim on ebay and the seller said she used my address given to her on ebay and would either refund me the cost minus the shipping or resend it if I paid for shipping again.
The previous times that I did not receive my ebay purchases, I got a full refund.  Is it standard to get a partial refund? To be honest I still want the item because I'd been looking for it for a while :cry:

Would like some advice on how to proceed! Thank you :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:48:25 AM by Matcha »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Item returned, Seller wants me to pay for shipping again?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 12:12:14 PM »
I think the problem here is if eBay recognizes the case as item not received or not. If so, then you would get the full refund if they decide on the case. (They don't deal with partial refunds).

Sometimes arriving at the destination post office is good enough. (ETA: I'll clarify. eBay might considered this as delivered).

Is your paypal address a confirmed address? Do you think that the seller printed a label or hand wrote the address?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:34:35 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 12:26:01 PM »
I think the problem here is if eBay recognizes the case as item not received or not. If so, then you would get the full refund if they decide on the case. (They don't deal with partial refunds).

Sometimes arriving at the destination post office is good enough.

Is your paypal address a confirmed address? Do you think that the seller printed a label or hand wrote the address?
Does ebay only step in if me and the seller do not reach a resolution?  I've only just been messaging the resolution center.
The seller did confirm that they have gotten the item back, though this is not in the tracking.

I'm not sure about the confirmed address thing. I've been living in a few countries, I usually pay with card or paypal and haven't had any issue or changed the address within paypal i think.
Seller claims that it was printed off ebay?
The seller did make a typo in one of the digits within the resolution center when i asked her the address she sent it to and when I asked her about it she corrected it and said she got it off ebay :/

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »
Would the seller be willing to send you a picture of the label?

I want to say if the buyer and seller don't come to an agreement after 3 days then that's when the buyer can ask ebay to help / escalate the case. I think you have to manually do it though. It's not something I've done often, so I'm not quite sure the official steps.

I can't quite remember how confirmed (verified?) addresses work, it just would be something that would help your case. It's probably not, which isn't a big deal.

ETA: my mild fear is if eBay dismisses the case, then you wouldn't get any kind of refund. That's why I'm curious about the label.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:45:34 PM by banditpony »

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 01:06:43 PM »
Could the post office be at fault then? I've never had an issue with that address... maybe they got messed up because it was right around christmas or something :/ I hope ebay wouldn't dismiss it because the buyer literally got the item back T_T

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 01:17:33 PM »
It would be the post office's fault if the label is absolutely correct, and there's no damage.

But... it's still a bit weird. I've lived in a city with more then one zipcode, and if someone wrote the wrong one, it would still eventually get to me. (edit: But I lived in a place with a pretty reliable post office, I know that's not the case everywhere)

But it's very curious you said the buyer sent a typo. What was that typo? Was it for a street address? the zipcode?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:20:50 PM by banditpony »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 01:19:05 PM »
I sold a pony to a buyer a few weeks ago which came back as insufficient address. I spoke with the buyer and they did say that their post office has been bad lately with deliveries. The post office (mine) said that there should be no problems with the address and sent it again on the same label, but it returned to me again.
In this situation, I refunded the buyer the amount of the item minus postage and had them repurchase under a new address. We did not have eBay step in, that was just how we both saw it best to fix the situation.
It's possible the post office is the one at fault if there were no previous issues beforehand. Apparently, previous eBay forums say that "missent" means its supposed to be resorted and directed to the appropriate town.
If the address was correct, the seller *may* be able to go the post office, inquire about the package, and have it resent on the same label. At least, that was my experience.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 02:29:35 PM »
It would be the post office's fault if the label is absolutely correct, and there's no damage.

But... it's still a bit weird. I've lived in a city with more then one zipcode, and if someone wrote the wrong one, it would still eventually get to me. (edit: But I lived in a place with a pretty reliable post office, I know that's not the case everywhere)

But it's very curious you said the buyer sent a typo. What was that typo? Was it for a street address? the zipcode?
The typo was one of the digits in the zip code, but it might be just a typo :/
I sold a pony to a buyer a few weeks ago which came back as insufficient address. I spoke with the buyer and they did say that their post office has been bad lately with deliveries. The post office (mine) said that there should be no problems with the address and sent it again on the same label, but it returned to me again.
In this situation, I refunded the buyer the amount of the item minus postage and had them repurchase under a new address. We did not have eBay step in, that was just how we both saw it best to fix the situation.
It's possible the post office is the one at fault if there were no previous issues beforehand. Apparently, previous eBay forums say that "missent" means its supposed to be resorted and directed to the appropriate town.
If the address was correct, the seller *may* be able to go the post office, inquire about the package, and have it resent on the same label. At least, that was my experience.
I will look into asking the seller to resend it with the same label!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal