collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you use for pony photography backdrops? Props?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do you use for pony photography backdrops? Props?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 09:28:43 AM »
Aw, we don't have that one here, darn it! Just Dollar Tree and Family Dollar, I believe. Oh well, they are cute anyway!

So I had to do a Google search to see the toy I was thinking about, and it was a line of toys called Woodsies, unrelated from the sounds of it, with little animals (I think they were actually finger puppets), mostly squirrels, that lived in a soft log house that came with furniture. I also had the general store, which came with squishy produce baskets that would fit into either the wheelbarrow cart or the store window. I was going to try to copy and paste the link, but my phone doesn't seem to want to cooperate tonight.

If I see anymore food erasers, do you want me to snag him a case?

Lil Woodzees do have animal toys, but they are more akin to  cheaper Sylvanians.

Aw thanks, if you happen to see them, sure! But don't go out of your way or anything. He would probably love them...he's really into building 'worlds' for his toys right now.

I did look up the Lil Woodzees, and you are right, they do look a lot like the Sylvanian families. Super cute playsets!

Offline dannahbanana

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Instagram 💖
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 10:05:19 PM »

I finally got a proper light box to photograph my ponies with, and it’s awesome!

May I ask for a link for where you got it from? Or for a similar product perhaps? I'd really love to have one of these light boxes, but I am having a hard time finding them. Right now I am just using a large cardboard box that I lined with nice wrapping paper and some lamps that I bought at the thrift store.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »

I finally got a proper light box to photograph my ponies with, and it’s awesome!

May I ask for a link for where you got it from? Or for a similar product perhaps? I'd really love to have one of these light boxes, but I am having a hard time finding them. Right now I am just using a large cardboard box that I lined with nice wrapping paper and some lamps that I bought at the thrift store.

Absolutely! This is the specific box I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/ShowMaven-Portable-Photography-Shooting-Backdrops/dp/B07ZF4P5HC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=showmaven+light+box&qid=1611320960&sr=8-1
I got it for Christmas, so idk if my family paid full price for it. Through US Amazon there is a deal where if you use your American Express points you get 40% off, so they may have done that. I think it’s worth the full price though, just because it’s so compact. The lights are built into the top of the box, and the whole thing folds up flat for easy storage. The lights are also dimmable, so if you are getting too much glare, you can turn them down.

Here are some pics I’ve taken with it (and with some of your suggestions!) to give you an idea of how it performs. These are all unedited raw photos I took with my phone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 11:13:11 PM »
Such gorgeous photos Minty Magic!

Here's a photo I took with props. I like to use a mix of the 'correct' accessories and also some extras. I like to mix gens and add LPS etc. In this photo they are 'still all in curlers' and doing the laundry:

Here I used a mixture of accessories from various baby playsets:

In this one, Baby Applejack's accessories are correct but I added these little Carebear Pillows which I *think* may have come from PandaBear but I'm not sure.

The barette in Cuddles's hair is orange teddies but I can't remember which playset it's from.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:17:22 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2021, 06:42:16 AM »
What cute photos you two
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2021, 03:41:41 PM »

May I ask, who is she? I'm in love

That's Velvet Bow. She's one of the winter ponies. Isn't she lovely?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:16:22 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 07:19:23 PM »
Backgrounds not something I've gotten into, yet. Just take pictures wherever that I think looks good. Lot of outdoor pictures as those are some of my favorites to take. :D

For props I love using Littlest Pet Shop, Shopkins, World's Smallest, Strawberry Shortcake pets, Calico Critters, anything that is in the size scale for Ever After and Monster High Dolls or Barbie. Can find some cute play foods that way. While kind of 'big' I do like using Squishables micros as they are like giant plushies for the ponies. :D Games (board or cards) ... both normal size and miniature can be a lot of fun. Miniature tea sets are love!  :heart: There are so many amazing miniatures out there that work wonderfully for the ponies.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 07:35:12 PM by LNS »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 09:26:13 PM »
Lovin em LNS

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2021, 10:37:24 PM »
I haven't taken photos of my ponies in years, but I always favored the mini Lalaloopsy accessories and late 90s/early 2000s Barbie accessories.

Offline dannahbanana

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Instagram 💖
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2021, 09:55:40 PM »

Here are some pics I’ve taken with it (and with some of your suggestions!) to give you an idea of how it performs. These are all unedited raw photos I took with my phone.

Thank you so much! Your photos are lovely.

With your advice I just bought a similar lightbox on Japanese Amazon!

I love it so far!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2021, 06:26:06 AM »
I don't have a lightbox but I have a white shelf with a white wall where I take photos in natural light. I have also taken some photos with supplemental incandescent light to show off glitter hair or symbols.

I haven't taken any new ones lately but if you'd like to see my photos there is a link in my sig. I like to use a combination of original, reproduction and custom accessories on a simple white background. Where I have the correct accessories for a pony i will use them but I am also happy to mix and match. Sometimes I buy custom accessories and sometimes I make them myself.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 06:31:38 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal