collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your favorite shows?  (Read 2317 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What are your favorite shows?
« on: January 17, 2021, 08:45:28 AM »
I don't have regular TV but I do have Netflix, Hulu and Prime Video. I find it difficult to get into new shows so I really like Hulu for having old sitcoms and other older stuff.

My favorite show is and probably always will be Futurama :) I watch it all the time. I have the whole series on DVD plus it's on Hulu so I can watch it on both TVs :lol: I know it completely by heart but the jokes still make me laugh and some episodes can still make me cry if I'm in the right mood.

I also really like the shows Hoarders and Hoarding: Buried Alive. I can recognize some tendencies in myself that set off alarm bells for hoarding behavior (I think a lot of collectors do) so I find it very interesting to see how it happens to other people and what the phycologists say about it. The only ones I don't like and always skip are people with hoarded animals, it makes me too sad and angry to watch.

I like crime shows too. Forensic Files and The First 48 are probably my favorites. I used to watch a lot of animal documentaries but I tend to stick with BBC Earth and the spin-offs because they show things I don't already know or haven't seen before. I've been thinking of getting Discovery+ but there is already so much I don't watch on the stuff I'm paying for, it might be a waste :huh:

What do you like to watch? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starcatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite shows?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 09:43:30 AM »
I still have regular TV, but by the time the year ends my family and I will probably only use streaming. It's a sign of the times, I guess. Besides, there's always something offbeat to watch on Tubi and some of the other free streaming alternatives.  :lol:

Anyway, I'm a comedy fan through and through. Two of my all time favorite shows are 30 Rock, News Radio, and 3rd Rock From the Sun. I'm partial to older sitcoms, but here of late I've been mostly watching animated content. My tastes in regards to animation are a little bit more varied than my live-action viewings - I'm a huge fan of Batman: The Animated Series. But I'm currently juggling Dan Vs., the original Animaniacs, and Mr. Mayor. I highly recommend checking out the first two - I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about Mr. Mayor yet, but I've gotten a few laughs from it.

I also like some reality programming too, though admittedly I've never been able to watch Hoarders - I've always found it's subject matter too upsetting. But I agree with you BlackCurtains, sometimes shows like that are good wake-up calls in regards to potentially developing hoarding behavior. :P I'm more of a My Strange Addiction gal myself, though it's been a while since I've caught an episode.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 01:09:38 PM »
The Simpsons, Family Guy, Married with Chldren, The X-Files, My Little Pony, Mister Ed, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow & Chicken, I Am Weasel, Bones, Honeymooners etc.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 08:54:49 PM »
My favorites are FiM and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure when it comes to cartoons.
For live action, I like Breaking Bad.
I watch the news a lot too recently.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 07:31:25 AM »
MasterChef Australia! :biggrin: At least up until the recent change of judges. I wouldn't say I watch reality shows a lot but they're enjoyable when I need something to watch casually and not pay too much attention. I like cooking shows, some interior design stuff, veterinary and animal rescue shows. Ooh and Queer Eye!

I like a lot of drama (esp. BBC productions) and feel-good shows, also sitcoms. Fantasy/supernatural stuff. Some faves over the years (in no particular order, and undoubtedly I forget many...) include Downton Abbey, Friends, Frasier, That '70s Show, Hamish Macbeth, The X-Files, House M.D., Stranger Things, Fringe, Legion, Twin Peaks (although didn't watch this until relatively recently). Last spring I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time and I was actually a little surprised by how good it was! Season 1 was totally outdated but the rest of the show seemed to have stood the test of time pretty well.

Recently I've enjoyed the new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small (loved those books as a kid!), The Queen's Gambit, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (totally silly but fun :D Love Miranda Otto as Aunt Zelda!) and my latest obsession, Peaky Blinders...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 09:24:28 AM »
Recently I've enjoyed the new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small (loved those books as a kid!)

:tellme: I didn't know they were remaking that! I loved those books too and the original show. I'll have to look for it.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Cin77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 09:53:16 PM »
Does Red Vs Blue count? I love comedy, Community, Cheers, Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, and Parks and Rec are all very popular in my house but at the moment the one we are all fascinated with is Wandavision.  I'm in love with the whole thing and cant wait to find out WTH is happening

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 12:33:22 AM »
Some shows that are high on my list right now areThe Office, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Good Doctor, Killing Eve, The Good Place, Parks and Rec, and The Twilight Zone.

I also do like home design shows to a degree. Some of them make me mad, but the ones that embrace eccentric design like Amazing Interiors on Netflix are fun!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 05:46:03 AM »
My tastes are all over the place. I don't watch a ton of TV, mostly because I have little ones who A) keep me busy, B) restrict what I can watch in front of them due to language a/violence/inappropriate stuff, and C) monopolize the TV (when my husband isn't monopolizing it!). But shows I've managed to sneak in over the past few years are: Schitt's Creek, Desperate Housewives, Stranger Things, The Sopranos, Grey's Anatomy, Atypical, The 100, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Shannara Chronicles, Locke and Key, Breaking Bad, That 70's Show, Raising Hope, Friends. Currently watching Call the Midwife and Longmire.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 11:02:47 AM »
I watch Amazing Race, Survivor, several baking/cooking type shows (Kids Baking Championship, Holiday Baking Championship, British Baking Show, etc), NCIS shows, Bob Hearts Abishola, Star Trek Discovery, The Connors, and several others.

Offline PrincessRoyalBlue

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 02:11:32 PM »
I like watching MLP G1 and Tales, and I've found a new liking for Miraculous Ladybug. I also enjoy the Masked Dancer/Singer.
-PrincessRoyalBlue-
May the spirit of G1 be with you!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 06:53:12 PM »
I have been watching Britbox, Acorn, Amazon and Netflix.  My current favorite show are: Benidorm, Moone Boy, Derry Girls, Raised by Wolves and Still Game.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 08:15:10 AM »
The old faithfuls for me are Red Dwarf and Blackadder. Seen too many times, still funny though. Also Miss Marple and Poirot, because likewise. Albeit maybe less funny. Maybe not. Strict on Joan Hickson and David Suchet though.

I like some comedy shows and standup shows. Some annoy me though. I tend to watch Strictly when the autumn rolls around, but stopped watching the singing shows years ago.

I am a football (soccer) fan and I watch the football. My team is not for the fainthearted, but at least it keeps it interesting. I dislike watching the so called 'top' teams, though, as they're boring and overhyped. Especially love watching the playoffs each season.

I love documentaries on all kinds of stuff. I'm a historian, so I especially love history documentaries, but others as well.

Should also mention Cadfael, as it's an old favourite of mine set in the town I used to work in. :)

I don't watch a lot of US sitcoms. I used to when I was younger, but I don't now. I haven't had any that have appealed to me for a long time. Nor dramas. I have a lot of DVDs of older ones, from Dead Like Me to Desperate Housewives. I just don't like any of the newer stuff. I still haven't got past season 1 of GOT either ;) I get distracted easily.

I do watch more anime and asian drama than I used to, now it's more available. I've watched Japanese stuff for years as I didn't need to worry about subs, but now can watch other asian dramas because both access and subtitling is better. Although I can sometimes understand bits of Chinese and Korean - my Thai is still nonexistant ;)

Recently finished the Untamed, begun in part from curiosity but I enjoyed it a lot. Wen Ning is king. :). Also finished a Korean Drama...I don't usually like KDrama because they tend to go round in circles a bit in the middle, but this one didn't.

Have a feeling BBC Earth doesn't transmit here in the UK xD. Not sure what shows it includes, but maybe the stuff from BBC3 and BBC4...? There are some interesting documentaries on the iplayer from those two. We do have a European version of PBS and that airs some decent documentaries sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:17:51 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal