collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLPArena Nirvana Spotlight: UK Princess Variants by pinkkittywinks  (Read 4922 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: MLPArena Nirvana Spotlight: UK Princess Variants by pinkkittywinks
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 08:35:52 AM »
Yeah, I completely agree Princess Sundance (Sunpearl? Pearldance?) is real ;) Especially since we know of others than the one that we've both seen at ponycon :D

I do wish we knew if her story was the same as the others though. I wish we could crack the Sundance mystery overall, because I feel like if we knew one way or another where she was made, we'd understand something important about NC ponies...

PearlSundance seems part of that mystery because the Pearl head is probably made in China...how did it get to Spain if Sundance is Spanish (or vice versa)? All the other put togethers tend to be Chinese, right? (The wingers certainly are)? Maybe that's reaching...but ah, so many questions ><

I have seen two IRL at PonyCon Sunblossom's SunPearl and PinkSunSparkles SunPearl (PearlDance, Princess Sundance!) both found in different places (SunBlossom's came from Scotland in and eBay lot and wasn't even in the pictures) and PinkSunSparkles was found with another Princess variant (Amethyst I believe) and came with variant accessories from a carboot.

I need to have a think about this..... I think I will need to write it all down, something is going on with the NC marks. You are probably ahead of me on this as you have more knowledge on release years than I do, it seems to all be in one year 1986-1989 and is that when there was Thailand too?

Also all the weird UK variants stuff is China marked and between the same years (1986-1989) as if all the "rubble" was in one place..... AND some of the NC stuff (at least Sundance body parts) where there as well. Then there are the boxes, Italian, UK and USA.

Starrynights: check the arena gallery under Princess variants and Princess Mismatches :)

https://pinkkittywinks.wixsite.com/mlparenagallery/ukprincesses

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »
I know nothing about Thailand overall but assume the Thai MBs were 1987 when the MBs were out. The babies would've been around 88 or 89 I think.

I would hazard we're talking about 1987 rather than 1986 for the simple reason that we're talking about the UK, and Sundance had a UK release in 1987 as well as one in 1986. So though we think of her as 1986, all the rubble (great term! Stealing it!) seems to be from 1987 and 1988. My only wobble on that is the flutter ponies from the first year release...because I don't know which of them have been found frankened. BUT there are also flutters with the second year wing slots and Argos was still selling first year flutters in 1987, so I feel like that's still the best estimate.

I know we're fond of complaining about 1986 but it feels like this one is more of a 1987-8 vibe.

...Which is coincidentally also the year the NC Family Ponies were being made...:D

Over to you my dear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2021, 10:28:56 AM »
1986 always sticks in my mind for craziness :P

I had a look and Winger oddballs in the gallery and one Buzzer's is "China" marked (I need to find the hoof stamp for on the other Buzzer in the gallery)

Speaking of Wingers, all the "NC Wingers" are the Windy Wing set (Cool Breeze etc), not the Summer Wings set. So that fits very well with the NC Loving Families (I think, unless I got my years mixed up).

All the oddball flutters I have pictures of are all without the shell button and wing holder, even the MIB ones >_< They are Honeysuckle, Morning Glory, Cloud Puff and Peach Blossom. Typical, it is like they removed the evidence :P

ETA Threads:

Cloud Puff and Peach Blossom
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,352990.msg1153857.html#msg1153857

MIB Honeysuckle
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,318315.msg562752.html#msg562752

Wut?
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371857.0.html

Another bald Peach Blossom
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371466.msg1435502.html#msg1435502

Green tail Morning Glory
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,368133.msg1387690.html#msg1387690

Cloud Puff wing holder can be seen here
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,337810.msg895518.html#msg895518

Love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:40:19 AM by pinkkittywinks »

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2021, 08:29:54 PM »
Thank you for the links xx

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 06:07:05 AM »
It is hard to explain with out seeing pictures :P I am glad you enjoyed the links :)

I had a chat with the owner for the second Buzzer in the gallery, and her hoof marks are China as well.

There is a third I know of, again it is Buzzer with the wrong wings and I think a pink tail. I will see if i can speak to her owner about the details of that pony.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 12:33:51 PM »
It is hard to explain with out seeing pictures :P I am glad you enjoyed the links :)

I had a chat with the owner for the second Buzzer in the gallery, and her hoof marks are China as well.

There is a third I know of, again it is Buzzer with the wrong wings and I think a pink tail. I will see if i can speak to her owner about the details of that pony.

Love pkw xxx
My Frankenbuzzer is definitely made in China. She's the only SW I have made in China xD. I'm guessing she's outside your gallery collection because she has one wing missing but her wings are Whirly's, her stopper is Cool Breeze's and her tail is Flurry's (pink) as well. Do we know of other frankens that aren't Buzzer based?

I think your timeline works. I feel like we're making some progress, if we assume Argos was still selling flutters in 1987 because they had a surplus. Honeysuckle was one of those they still had in 1987. She's also one with the second year wing sockets, although those usually have mad curly hair so bald Honeys with no wing sockets is unhelpful.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:36:09 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal