collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Abbey yellowed hair help!  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Baby Primrose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Abbey yellowed hair help!
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:50:32 AM »
My abbey Bominable doll's hair is really yellow
 How do I get her back to white without rerooting her? Her hair isn't sticky so it isn't a matter of glue discoloration.
<3 Primmy~<3

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy by the lovely Jewel Chavalier thank youuu

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey yellowed hair help!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 03:36:07 PM »
Sadly, I don't think it's possible. The type of white they used for hair on dolls like Abbey and Purrsephone & Meowlody seems to be similar to fading pink pony hair but instead it's "yellowing white"

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey yellowed hair help!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:46:49 PM »
Seconding what Starrynights said... I have a large collection of MH, and my dolls have experienced a universal yellowing of white hair and vinyl. :( I remember quite a few years back, when G1 MH was still on shelves, there was already discussion amongst collectors about the werecat twins’ hair starting to turn. It doesn’t seem to be caused by storage methods, sunlight, temperatures, or any other environmental factors, as my dolls have yellowed evenly no matter where they’ve been kept. In my experience, sunlight may accelerate it, but nothing at all seems to prevent it. :(

Unfortunately, it’s pretty much untreatable. Since synthetic hair isn’t porous like real hair, the color is unlikely to respond to bleaching or peroxide. It’s one of the sad but inevitable truths in collecting that nothing stays new and perfect forever... especially not plastic. If it’s any consolation, there aren’t going to be any other collectors with better Abbeys, unless they’ve been rerooted—they’ll all go yellow in the end. :shrug:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal