collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jan-Feb Coronavirus News  (Read 6331 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Jan-Feb Coronavirus News
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 07:38:47 AM »
Turns out the grocery store I work at has already been administering vaccines to employees who are over 65. It sounds like cases are somewhat declining as the Christmas boom of cases is petering out...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 05:05:52 PM »
Things are staying steady here in Calgary... it's not awesome since our country has run into a vaccine shortage problem.
The weather is worse... going into -40 C now for the next week! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 05:45:39 PM »
They started screening for vaccine recipients because before they were giving them to tourists as well as residents. Now you have to be a resident. I'm not sure how to feel about that. On one hand, I don't think Florida is receiving "extra" vaccines for extra people, but on the other hand I feel that the most likely to spread Covid are the tourists. So I dunno.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 07:22:49 PM »
My parents had their first vaccine dose this morning. It took a long time to find safe transport, but hopefully we did. They were able to go to a hub on the outskirts of the local town, so the whole trip including vaccination took around an hour. They had the Astrazeneca one, and their second doses are booked for April.

...Feels a relief to know they've reached that stage.
That's great, Taffeta! It must be a relief to know they're on their way to getting the whole vaccine.

Offline Bright_Glow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2021, 12:03:04 PM »
I just got my second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine yesterday (about 20 days after the first one). :happy:
It feels like two doses of sweet revenge against the virus. :devious:
I haven't noticed any side effects other than the minimal pain where I hot the shot. I heard that 2-3 of my colleagues got light fever by today but nothing more serious.
The bad news is the government said it seems the third wave of the pandemic just begins. It seems the recent restrictions could delay the British variant's spread by a month.

I'll get my vaccination ID Card soon by post and my mom will get one since she just got through the infection while she was in the hospital.

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2021, 04:27:50 PM »
I got my first one on Friday as im in group 6 (basically any one with underlaying conditions that gets the free flu jab) so hopefully will have the next one in about 12 weeks (in the UK )

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2021, 06:03:32 PM »
I got my first one on Friday as im in group 6 (basically any one with underlaying conditions that gets the free flu jab) so hopefully will have the next one in about 12 weeks (in the UK )

That categorising depends a lot on your local health authority. My sister is still waiting to find out whether her GP does or doesn't think her asthma qualifies her (even though she automatically gets a free flu jab).
Glad you've managed to get an appointment though. Hope it goes well. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2021, 06:25:52 AM »

That categorising depends a lot on your local health authority. My sister is still waiting to find out whether her GP does or doesn't think her asthma qualifies her (even though she automatically gets a free flu jab).

Yep that is what is going on here, too. They are sorting out the definitions of the next groups, but aside from health care workers and seniors in care, they are still slow-moving.   Not enough supply
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 08:44:31 AM »

Yep that is what is going on here, too. They are sorting out the definitions of the next groups, but aside from health care workers and seniors in care, they are still slow-moving.   Not enough supply

We don't have a supply problem, but I'll spare you all my rant on the way the JCVI are organising this here. Sigh.
As for me, asthma got magically removed from my medical record for some reason and they won't even authorise me having an inhaler until I can go to a review, which can't happen till after the pandemic, so I haven't even been offered an automatic flu jab since 2015. I got one this year because of mum's immune system, but my best chance of getting vaccinated before the summer atm lies in whether they prove it prevents transmission.

My sister, though, she thought up till the 15th that she would be in category 6. And then they changed the rules on category 6 for asthmatics to only those with regular steroid tablet prescriptions...not those with steroid inhalers only, even if they used them regularly. So she really has no idea what's happening now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal