collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official toys from your fave series?  (Read 1739 times)

Offline ChibiMango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Official toys from your fave series?
« on: January 07, 2021, 05:15:03 PM »
By the title I mean official merch for cartoons, anime, comics, etc. like plushies and figurines!

I've lowkey been collecting the official plushes for Battle for Dream Island, a web cartoon I watch.  Right now I have Firey, Pen, and Leafy, so that's everyone that's been released so far except Firey Jr.  Here's a pic of them that I took!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Firey and Pen are nice and soft, but Leafy is a bit strange.  When I first took her out of the bag, she had a nasty texture, and on closer inspection a bunch of her stuffing fibers seem to be sticking out through the pores of her fabric???  It gives her an odd uneven and rough texture.  I don't know what could have caused that, but the result is that she just doesn't feel as cuddly as Firey and Pen :(

I'm not sure if I want Firey Jr or not, I think he was a Black Friday exclusive so it might be hard to find him now.  Besides, he's not a very popular character in the show (in fact he's one of the most universally hated characters!), I don't particularly like him as a character either, and his design is just a scaled down Firey. 
Pic of the Firey Jr plush is behind spoiler to avoid clutter.

Spoiler

Some other merch that's DEF on my wishlist is the official figure of Onomadek from Popee the Performer!  Pic behind spoiler to avoid clutter.

Spoiler

This isn't my pic obviously, just one I found online.

Unfortunately, it only comes with the 'Popee the Maniax' DVD set, which is Japan exclusive just like the rest of the merch.  It'd be a pain to buy from a Japanese website (especially with the mailing restrictions between Japan and the US right now), and while there are people who are selling the figure and/or the full DVD set on American Ebay, these listings are pretty damn expensive to a jobless high schooler like me.

Spoiler

The pic behind the spoiler above appears to be the cheapest listing, and it'd take a little over 3/4s of my savings!  I don't think I should spend that much until I have more saved up...  I want this figure so bad, but I'm uneasy about blowing that much money on it.

Anyone else have series merch that they own or desperately want?

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Official toys from your fave series?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »
I love Popee! I didn't even know there was merch.
Other than my little pony, I collect a lot of anime merch.
I also love the characters from dokodemo issyo and sanrio
Here's two that sit on my desk.

Offline ChibiMango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official toys from your fave series?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 06:03:10 PM »
I love Popee! I didn't even know there was merch.
Yeah, there's actually a surprisingly large amount of official Popee merch!  Unfortunately I can't find much online about most of it, but the most well-known merch is the figures.  Like I said, a lot of it is Japan exclusive and has to be imported or bought from other fans.
https://popeetheperformer.fandom.com/wiki/Merchandising

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal