collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Holiday Covid round up  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The Holiday Covid round up
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 10:32:30 PM »
Arizona is a hot mess honestly. Our governor hasn’t done anything about this in months. I drive by bars and the patios are packed. It’s outdoors, so it’s fine, right? :rolleyes: I went to a Christmas light display tonight and people were gathered in front of the house like they were waiting for Disneyland fireworks. I stopped in the mall to get my iPhone fixed and there were tightly packed lines to get into all the stores (thankfully Apple had security and well spaced lines). Apparently people think when you’re in the common area of the mall and waiting in line you don’t have to wear a mask. My sister works at said mall and said when customers come up to check out, about half of them take off the mask in front of her. I had to take my very high risk grandma to the dmv today because the state wont extend out grace periods for renewing drivers licenses. Basically it’s up to each city to create a mask mandate, and the ones that DO have them aren’t enforcing them in any kind of meaningful way. I’m just so frustrated with the lack of leadership here and throughout the country. I’m frustrated that people can’t sacrifice some personal freedom for a while to protect their fellow human. Just wear a mask. Keep a safe distance from each other. If that’s too hard then just stay home, please. None of us will be able to live normally again for a long time if we can’t work together to get this thing under control.

I mostly have just been staying home myself. I don’t often visit family during the holidays, so it hasn’t been weird to stay local. I’m still having fun in my own way! I drive around and look at Christmas lights. I’ve just been skipping the display where you walk through after seeing that people aren’t being careful. I’ve baked some cookies, tried out some hot chocolate experiments, and drawn Christmas cards for my friends and distant family. the sun is always shining here, so I’d actually like to see some grey skies and rain for a change! :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 11:49:24 PM »
It's kinda normal here. We're at the lowest level (Level 1), and we have 51 cases, all people coming in at the border.
So everything is ... business as usual? We have to sign in places, use more hand sanitizer, but there are no masks, no food limits.

The borders are shut though, and with the new virus variants we may go up levels.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Bright_Glow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2020, 09:26:11 AM »
I hope you guys have a happier christmas than me.  :sad:
My mother got into hospital on 23 december with her heart and she is still in there but now on the covid ward after she has been infected in the hospital. :yikes:
It seems my  mom had an unnoticed assimptomic heartattack during the summer and now two of her heart keys are not closing perfectly.

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2020, 09:32:46 AM »
My mother got into hospital on 23 december with her heart and she is still in there but now on the covid ward after she has been infected in the hospital. :yikes:
It seems my  mom had an unnoticed assimptomic heartattack during the summer and now two of her heart keys are not closing perfectly.

Many many hugs, Bright Glow :hug:

And all the best to your mother as well.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2020, 10:45:18 PM »
Awww Bright Glow, here's hoping your mum recovers xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 03:37:23 AM »
No lockdown in Japan, same as always. They did close the border again though, because of the new strain.
Individual cities and even companies have instituted their own rules tho. I'm in a hotspot, so my company banned us from leaving the local area. I wanted to take a little trip, just a teeny one, not even overnight, but nope. Oh well. Next year!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:40:30 AM by Thimble »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 10:56:53 PM »
Christmas was great under the circumstances but January is horrible. New postage restrictions have just messed up my project at work.

I hope your Mum is OK, Brightglow!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 06:32:46 AM »
Life is normal at the moment but they found the UK strain and a South African strain. Some city near Beijing is in "wartime mode" - no buses, schools closed, closed property management. They don't want people traveling to Beijing. Next month is Chinese New Year  - the biggest human migration on the planet. I'm curious how this is gonna play out this year...

Also, they keep saying "imported cases" to put the blame on foreigners entering China but its their own damn citizens returning thats bringing the plague back.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal