collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Home Alone movie trivia  (Read 1230 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Home Alone movie trivia
« on: December 20, 2020, 05:42:32 AM »
A little factoid about the movie most (including me) didn't notice. The napkin wasn't the only thing thrown away during the movie.
https://www.tiktok.com/@scouseblu/video/6907207099147652354
I've seen the movie many times and always assumed it was with the family. Changes the whole outcome had it proceeded. :lol:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Home Alone movie trivia
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 06:30:53 AM »
Oh wow interesting
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 09:03:29 AM »
Interesting detail! Also the tarantula used in the film was a Chilean Rose hair Tarantula!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 10:03:19 AM »
Interesting detail! Also the tarantula used in the film was a Chilean Rose hair Tarantula!
The scream from Stern was added in later :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »
The mom was concerned about everybody drinking milk so it wouldn't go bad but nobody bothered to eat any of the gingerbread house sitting on the counter.  And if they'd gotten someone to take care of the plants then someone would have noticed Kevin was home...

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 06:47:28 AM »
Hmm...yeah, I'm not sure why I never wondered why the family was able to get on the plane without anyone noticing there was an extra ticket, and then therefore realizing Kevin wasn't there.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 03:47:25 PM »
When they arrive at the terminal, the dad hands a handful of boarding passes to the airline attendant and she doesn't even count them and they were told to sit wherever there was an empty seat so of course no one would have noticed if one of them was missing.  And the airline people wouldn't know how many people were in their group, either--that was a problem they didn't fix in the second movie when the mom wants to wait and make sure everyone gets on and the attendants insist that they'll make sure everyone gets on. 

In the beginning of the film, Kevin admits to using the new fish hooks to create ornaments.  What I don't get is how annoyed his dad got about it.  It's winter time, so it isn't like he was going fishing any time soon and fish hooks are cheap.  You can literally buy 100 of them for $2.  They have a custom doorknob with their initial on it but fish hooks are expensive?

When they're trying to figure out what they forgot at home, the dad says that he forgot to close the garage, which he did forget because Kevin checks for the cars and they're both out there.  Um, they all left through the front door.  So he left the garage doors open the whole night before, too.

The picture of Buzz's girlfriend is actually a boy dressed up as a girl because the director didn't want to use an actual girl's picture and open her up for teasing if someone recognized her.  That was nice of him, I think. 

Post Merge: December 21, 2020, 03:53:02 PM

Okay, so I'm watching this right now and when Kevin breaks the shelves in Buzz's room, he ends up pulling his head out from under a broken shelf that has a bowling ball on it.  How did this not kill him?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 03:53:02 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 04:57:31 PM »
Okay, so I'm watching this right now and when Kevin breaks the shelves in Buzz's room, he ends up pulling his head out from under a broken shelf that has a bowling ball on it.  How did this not kill him?
I don't have the answer but this is reminding me of this article I read about how the kid is actually the villain of the movie, torturing the robbers instead of just turning them in.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 06:43:22 PM »
Yeah, but let's face it, the cops showing up after two minutes isn't nearly as entertaining.   :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal