collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What food do you refuse to eat?  (Read 7637 times)

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
Re: What food do you refuse to eat?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 12:14:38 PM »
Awww I love mushrooms! :biggrin:

As a child I hated many foods that I now love such as raw tomatoes, fish and spicy food. One thing that I haven't grown to love is animal liver (animal liver sauce used to be popular in my area). I have tried it a thousand times and every time I am convinced that people who can eat it are nuts! :biggrin:
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »
Awww I love mushrooms! :biggrin:

As a child I hated many foods that I now love such as raw tomatoes, fish and spicy food. One thing that I haven't grown to love is animal liver (animal liver sauce used to be popular in my area). I have tried it a thousand times and every time I am convinced that people who can eat it are nuts! :biggrin:

I'm with you on that one...organ meat of any kind makes me gag. My mom used to fry liver and mushrooms for herself when I was a kid because she had low iron, and my sister and I would bury our faces in the couch pillows so we wouldn't have to smell the foul miasma wafting from the kitchen. I claimed I hated mushrooms too, because I associated them with the liver stench. Turns out as an adult, I love mushrooms! (Except for canned ones because of slimy texture.) I have given liver a try or 2 as an adult in the hopes that my taste buds have matured enough to like it, but....not a chance. :yucky:

Offline xrrxrr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 01:15:07 PM »
I do not like red cabbage, cilantro(unless it is a little bit on top of a soup or something), I especially do NOT like micro-green cilantro and I do not like tomatoes either!

I love mushrooms and make great things with them.
I also love spicy food! ;)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »
Raw tomatoes... Apparently some people have/don't have a certain...salivary enzyme? and this makes raw tomatoes taste like poison to them.  I assume that's my situation since no matter how juicy and red and delicious they look, as soon as I put it in my mouth I'm so grossed out!  Cooking makes the enzyme situation no longer applicable, so I will eat tomato soup, pasta with tomato sauce, ketchup, etc with gusto.

That's about the only thing I absolutely will not eat, even to be polite.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 01:50:57 PM »
Raw tomatoes... Apparently some people have/don't have a certain...salivary enzyme? and this makes raw tomatoes taste like poison to them.  I assume that's my situation since no matter how juicy and red and delicious they look, as soon as I put it in my mouth I'm so grossed out!  Cooking makes the enzyme situation no longer applicable, so I will eat tomato soup, pasta with tomato sauce, ketchup, etc with gusto.

Oohhh this is me as well! I feel jealous of people who grow their own tomatoes, and eat them fresh. It seems like such a refreshing snack. Tomatoes have to be cooked for me to be ok with them.

This reminds me, blackberries taste like "poison" to me -- it doesn't taste like a fruit. (This is how I describe it to others, I'm not really sure how poison tastes). But it's so odd because I like berries in general-- especially black and red raspberries of multiple varieties... but blackberries, especially store bought ones? I can't eat them, I will spit them out. >_<;

The backyard blackberries I had growing up as a kid weren't completely awful... so it must be certain varieties I cannot stand.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:53:11 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 06:02:36 PM »

I didn't know that.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »
I absolutely LOVE mushrooms funny enough.
But for awful, worst of the worst, it would have to be wasabi. Can't even stand the smell. The sushi I buy is packed with wasabi and I can't even eat the ones near it because it picks up that flavor.
I also HATE mustard and don't care for yogurt.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2020, 05:34:38 AM »
Any recipe with bugs as an ingredient. Why would anyone put that in their mouth?!?

Oh definitely that, too. However I didn't think about it because we don't eat bugs in my culture. I can not imagine it. I can't even stand when a bug touches me. Putting one in my mouth would be...  :X And that's if I didn't pass out first. lol

|My Collection|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2020, 09:49:32 AM »
I absolutely ADORE Mushrooms!!! Pasta in a mushroom & cream sauce would be a thing I ate until it came out of my ears!!!

Also to note: things I forgot
Mushy peas. I like fresh or frozen peas, & I like pea soup, but not something which doesn't know what it wants to be...
Smoothies. I don't get them. Tried one once & it was like having a cold, sweet soup. Confused me...
Tannin, or anything containing it, including red wines & teas. I don't get on with tannin.
Also I'm a vegetarian, so meat, fish & anything else dead (bugs too) is a big nope. No longer keen on the results of my eating mayonnaise either.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2020, 06:22:57 PM »
LOL at all the mushroom hate. I love mushrooms, but my sister despises them. It makes for some good banter anyway.

Random aside - once sat on a train where some people were genuinely debating whether a mushroom was the same as a human because it wasn't an animal or really a plant. It was the funniest discussion I have ever overheard on a train, because it was in deadly earnest. Classic.

...I was a really picky eater as a kid, but not so much now. There are some things I don't like but very few things I actively won't eat (at least based on what is available here/comes into our home).

I no longer eat yogurt or stewed apple having been bombarded with both far too much in the past. But that's a 'bored with it beyond tears' thing.

My pet hates are usually around texture and/or smell. So if a cheese is too ripe, nope. I won't eat anything past its date, either, even though some things are fine past the date (best before not use by).

But my real bugbears are squishy and soggy. I cannot bear squishy fruit or veg (either overcooked or bruised) or soggy bread/cake/biscuit/cereal products. Nope, no milk or juice on cereal, no bread dips in soup!

For this reason my food nemesis is probably trifle. Its existence and composition entirely horrifies me.

ETA - oh yeah. Wasabi is horrible. Sorry Japan, it just is.
(So is red bean paste, frankly. As well as another texture fail, it's just too sweet.).
And I almost forgot, but natto. Natto should be illegal. Thank goodness it hasn't caught on in the UK.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:24:55 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2020, 07:49:08 PM »
Meat and most seafood. I have to force myself to eat a bit of fish now and then but all sorts of animal parts are just disgusting to me.
I used to cook chicken for my dog and the smell would almost make me puke, so weirdly rotten and stale. Chicken and fish smell are the worst to me.

Also hate the jelly-like insides of cucumbers and tomatoes. I have to remove the seeds before eating or else I'll throw up.

Boiled eggs are problematic, too. I have no issue with scrambled but boiled has that gross smell and jelly consistency I hate.

I'm otherwise not a picky eater but these are just yuck.

Post Merge: December 19, 2020, 07:54:53 PM

cilantro(unless it is a little bit on top of a soup or something)

Apparently cilantro is also one of those foods that tastes horrific to some people. Mostly compared to soap. I have family members that can't eat anything cilantro has been on, they always complain about a soapy taste.
I personally don't have that issue, it's a thing you are either born with or not.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 07:54:53 PM by Zapper »

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2020, 09:49:44 PM »
Mushrooms are actually one of the only “healthy” foods I like, lol. XD Mmm, fungus.

Besides meat (I’m a vegetarian), I absolutely will not touch cabbage or asparagus with a ten-foot pole. They smell too icky to even look at. <_< Also, cooked eggs that aren’t cleverly hidden in cookie dough or some such. Again, the smell is... just no. When I was trying to eat more protein, I actually pasteurized and swallowed raw eggs, just to avoid the smell and taste. :X I gulped them down without even breaking the yolks, for fear of unleashing the ghastly sulfur smell.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 09:54:42 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2020, 10:04:03 PM »
I thought of a few more.

Guacamole-when this comes as a side I always give it to me dad to eat. 

Poi-I tried this when I went to Hawaii and it was not good.

Pico de gallo- It has tomatoes and cilantro in it. 

I have never actually eaten octopus or squid but I can't stand the thought of eating them.  I have seen octopus on buffets a couple of times and it didn't make it any more appetizing. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2020, 08:50:02 AM »
I like bugs! At one point me and my dad were thinking of opening a bug-themed food truck, but we pretty quickly realized that it would never make money so we gave up on that idea.

I'll eat most things but the one thing I physically can't eat is black licorice. Even just the smell gives me a horrible headache, I don't know what it is. And forget about actually eating the stuff. >_<

Guacamole-when this comes as a side I always give it to me dad to eat. 

Oh, and this too. I love all the stuff that goes into guacamole, but refuse to eat guacamole itself. I wonder why.

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2020, 04:42:09 PM »
I like octopus :)
Squid is more chewy, less keen since my teeth are not the best on the planet thanks to my soft enamel. It also doesn't seem to be as flavoured.

But octopus? Octopus is fine. Though mysteriously purple in places when you see it in the store.

Also a downvote here for liquorice (always hated that as a kid) and anniseed...and coconut while I think about it. Either the fruit or the flavour. And vanilla! Oh dear, can't even stand the smell - except ice cream.

I also love the ingredients of guacamole but not guacamole :/ Weird.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal