collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What food do you refuse to eat?  (Read 7638 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
What food do you refuse to eat?
« on: December 17, 2020, 09:41:30 PM »
Mushrooms. They are the evil. EXCEPT, I do enjoy Japanese needle mushrooms!
Also, baked avocado is  :X, but raw is fine, and conversely, raw courgette is :X but cooked is delicious!

What about you?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What food do you refuse to eat?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 10:02:12 PM »
Mushrooms I can’t eat them, sweet potatoes I was okay with them but now I can’t eat them because they go right through me, turkey same with the Sweet potatoes. Citrus things I’m allergic too.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 11:32:30 PM »
Quiche. I absolutely cannot stomach quiche; every time I've had it, it's made me ill. Raw tomatoes put me off as well because of the fleshy texture, but I enjoy a lot of things involving tomatoes, such as soups, sauces and pizza. Oh, and grapes as well. Raisins, I can go for with gusto but grapes are the stuff of nightmares!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 11:37:13 PM »
Quiche. I absolutely cannot stomach quiche; every time I've had it, it's made me ill. Raw tomatoes put me off as well because of the fleshy texture, but I enjoy a lot of things involving tomatoes, such as soups, sauces and pizza. Oh, and grapes as well. Raisins, I can go for with gusto but grapes are the stuff of nightmares!

Ew, see ow I can tolerate grapes, but not raisins or currants!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 04:29:53 AM »
Foods that I've hated as long as I can remember and will never pass my lips:
Raisins. Scrambled eggs. Onions. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on wonder bread (or any bread, but soggy white bread is especially gross).

Foods that I very much dislike and will avoid, but will eat if it's prepared a certain way or disguised in a way that I don't have to taste it:
Mayonnaise (for example, mixed into a cake recipe)
Chicken (breaded/seasoned/dipped in sauce=tolerable, unseasoned and chunked up in casserole =not.)
Sausage (breakfast sausage is okay, sausage on pizza is not)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 04:53:32 AM »
Due to my extremely sensitive gag reflex, I can not eat much of anything. It would be easier for me to say what I do not refuse to eat. lol

With that said, I can list some of the worst of the worst:
Mushrooms
Spinach
Chicken pot pie
Salisbury steak

|My Collection|

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 06:16:29 AM »
Mushrooms for me, too, although I can eat them if well disguised or if I want to be polite and eat what's offered. XD I hate their taste, smell, and texture but if at least one of these is made more tolerable, it'll be easier for me. For instance, a pureed soup --> the taste and smell are still there but the slimy texture is gone. A small amount, chopped really fine, I can handle on a pizza or in a wok or something --> the taste is not noticeable and I can tolerate the texture if chopped finely enough and I can eat them with other veggies. It also depends on the type of mushroom, for instance champignons have a mild taste but gross texture. Chanterelles have a better texture but they have a strong, yucky taste and smell. Etc.

I also dislike quorn - I can eat it but it has a distinct flavour I don't like (strangely, not mushroomy, but I still don't like it). Same with tempeh, although I've only tried it once. Maybe I should give tempeh a second chance.

Gross meat products. I mostly cook and choose vegetarian food these days anyway but I'll still have meat every now and then, especially when someone else prepares it. But even as a child I was picky, I'd only eat the most homogenous parts of meat, meaning parts without visible fat or any stringy bits. I preferred chicken breast to thighs/legs, etc. And I absolutely wouldn't touch liver, kidneys, tongue etc. Yuck. Actually, mainly sticking to vegetarian/pescatarian diet means I don't need to explain myself and my picky eating habits anymore. It's an added bonus. :D

I like fish, some crustaceans, and scallops, but most other seafood I refuse to eat. Mussels & oysters are like mushrooms - even the idea is off-putting.

Mint jelly! Eww eww eww. I like lamb meat well enough (though see above) but I'd pair it with something other than mint, and mint jelly is probably the most horrible thing you can do with mint. I'm not a fan of jelly anyway, and marmalade and gummy candy are some of my least favourite types of sweets. Marmalade on toast is great, though, I have no problems with that, or jam. :D

Apart from these it's hard to think of foods I outright refuse to eat. With veggies I have many preferences (prefer cooked courgettes and bell peppers to raw ones, not a huge fan of parsnip or celery, etc.) but I'm pretty open to trying new things. I used to hate broccoli and brussel sprouts but now I love both, haha. Overcooked and limp is not an ideal way to serve them, though! ;) I'm not a fan of raisins or other dried fruits either but I do eat them, and nowadays I even like dried dates, for example. Cooked or soaked raisins are pretty gross, though! As a child I always picked them out of any baked products that had them. Now I'd eat them but wouldn't take pleasure in it. :D If I bake something myself I'll just leave them out.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 07:15:26 AM »
There is a ton of food I refuse to eat, but more so because I don't like the taste of it, but if I was hungry enough I'll eat it. (Pizza is on this list).

But as for food I'd have a physical reaction to.... anything cooked with green bell peppers, and plain mayo.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 07:16:13 AM »
Jelly. Wibbly-wobbly hell

Marshmallows. Sickly sweet gooey yeuch

Powdered custard. Lumpy school lunch nightmare fuel

Marzipan. Just TERRIBLE, & usually found lurking in a cake

Sultanas, & anything derived thereof including mince pies (dried fruit version), cakes of dried fruit & Christmas Pudding. Cakes are meant to be sweet & yum, not that yeuch-ness. I can tolerate raisins, but not sultanas

Chewy sweets like Chewits (may be renamed). Ate one & it made me vomit. I also dislike bubble gum

Anything strawberry-flavoured, except actual strawberries. God, or nature, or whatever you call the higher power, is better at flavouring strawberries than humans. I will NEVER touch strawberry jam, strawberry trifle, strawberry milkshake, or strawberry ice cream

I also tried a lychee once & found it very unappealing.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 07:35:19 AM »
Gluten, quite simple as I have Coeliac Disease.

I will not eat shell fish like winkles etc or snails (was offered those as they were the only gluten free thing on the menu)

I am very fussy about mushrooms and tomatoes.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 08:05:26 AM »
Another vote for mushrooms. They're fungus and fungus is supposed to eat you, not the other way around.

Turnips. Ugh! I have tried them too many times and I always hate them.

Mustard greens. They have a weird spicy flavor I'm not fond of.

Cranberries. Bitter! My mom calls them tart. No, they're bitter.

Meat.

Most fish but for environmental reasons rather than taste. I try to stick to tilapia (it's invasive) or American farmed catfish. But I love salmon and keep a close watch on when it's okay to eat them.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 08:53:31 AM »
Well I’m going to go ahead and out myself as a mushroom lover here! :P It kinda depends on how they are prepared for me, but I’ve liked most varieties I’ve had so far. I need to learn how my dad cooks them. He sautés them in some sort of red wine sauce and it’s so yummy! They make a great snack or side dish.

For me disliking a food comes more from texture than anything. Potatoes are a big one for me. In thin sliced French fry form they are fine because I don’t get as much of that texture, but any other form? That’s a no go for me. Even those thick cut steak fries or whatever they are called will make me gag. Avocado is another iffy one for me. I like guacamole, but just straight avocado slices gross me out a little.

A lot of condiments are also really gross to me. I will NOT touch anything that has been touched by sour cream or mustard. I can not stand those! I not really a fan of mayonaise either but....I’ve eaten some sandwiches that unknown to me had mayo and I mostly enjoyed them, so I guess I don’t hate it as much as I think! Just don’t put enough on there for me to notice it’s there and I will eat it. :P

I’m also starting to notice dairy really bothers my stomach, so I have to be careful around milkshakes and ice cream. There’s a local dairy here that makes a REALLY good root beer milk, and it’s so hard for me to not over do it! Luckily there are lots of dairy alternatives out there though! :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 09:31:35 AM »
Green beans they're gross
Tuna don't like the way it tastes or smells
Bell peppers I have legitimate issues with them and they're so bitter
Caviar I tried it once and never again
Balut half-formed duck embryo sounds really nasty
Any recipe with bugs as an ingredient. Why would anyone put that in their mouth?!?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:33:46 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 10:37:53 AM »
There are a few things that I don't like to eat.

Peas-I have never liked peas.  The only ones I can eat on rare occasions are black eyed peas. 

Brussel sprouts-I do not like these either.

I still live with my parents and if my mom makes peas or Brussel sprouts I have to eat a small amount of these.   :X

Tomatoes- I like things made out of tomatoes but not raw tomatoes. 

Beans- Sometimes my parents will forget that I don't like them and serve just them for a meal. 

Chili-I have to be in the mood for chili and then I only like certain kinds. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2020, 10:59:52 AM »
I always hated raw tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli and possibly a few other things too.
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal