collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coffee or tea? How do you enjoy it?  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee or tea? How do you enjoy it?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2020, 02:38:06 PM »
I am pretty much powered by tea, either PG Tips pyramid bags, brewed for six minutes with a moderate amount of milk, or Twinings lapsang souchong, which I leave to brew for a good long while to get it as smokey as possible. I also like herbal tea every now and again, particularly sage and lemon myrtle, or a nice lavender blend with rose and valerian. As for coffee, I used to drink it a lot - double dark roast done in a French press was the best! - but a couple of years ago, it started to make me feel a bit ill, and neither milder blends nor decaff helped. I can still enjoy those milkshake style coffee drinks as an occasional treat, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2020, 03:21:27 PM »
PG Tips pyramid bags

That was the popular English tea my mom and I couldn't drink. It was too strong for us. Now this - Twinings lapsang souchong - I'd never heard of before. It sounds delicious. I love smokey stuff. I need to order some and try it asap!

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »
I like teas too. Mostly fruit and flower types. Jasmine, lavender-honey, blueberry, blackberry, nettle, sleepytime, orange, chai. Depending on what it is, I may or may not need a touch of honey.

One day, I hope to get my grubby mitts on honeydew tea, toasted brown rice tea and rose tea.

I would also like to try tea with clotted cream someday. I don't think the US sells clotted cream unfortunately.

I've kinda grown out of sun tea.

I'm picky about green tea.

I have yet to try Darjeeling.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 02:08:53 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2020, 05:17:13 AM »
I love both coffee and tea and brush my teeth several times a day as a result :lol:

I'm not a connoisseur, I am a straight up addict. I need coffee once a day, no other caffeine will do. I need that coffee bean taste and it helps me get a kick of energy to start my day.
I usually prefer ground beans prepared in a French Press or my simple electric machine if I'm in a hurry. I rebuke coffee capsules (they are a horrible waste, anyways). I add milk or milk replacement and a spoon of coconut sugar or caramelized sugar. Yep, I drink unhealthy coffee but drinking it black is just too strong for my stomach.

As for tea, I am not picky. I love trying all kinds of brews. I drink very little of actual tea and stick more to peppermint, chamomile and other herbs. But I love me some Chai latte, too. With lots of spices!
I drink tea instead of water or juice, so even in summer I have cooled down, unsweetened tea with lemon and ginger prepared at almost all times when I am at home.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 05:19:44 AM by Zapper »

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2020, 01:47:57 PM »
I’m definitely not a coffee person. I usually just have a cup of green tea with some honey every morning :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2020, 02:14:00 PM »
This thread is so interesting, love hearing everyone's creative adventures with hot drinks  :awake:

I'm a typical British person and drink around 6 cups of tea a day haha (English breakfast blend with oat milk.)

Every night before bed I drink Chamomile tea. I enjoy most other herbal teas as well.

I enjoy coffee sometimes, if its an overly flavoured pumpkin spice type one ;)

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2020, 02:15:30 PM »
Well, I'm not supposed to have caffeine, per doctor, so I'm a bit limited.  I used to drink all kinds of teas but now I'm stuck with only non-tea teas, if that makes sense.  Mmm, my favorite is any spicy herbal tea, especially with cinnamon as a dominant flavor, then add a little milk.  And Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma flavor is also fantastic to me.  I also like mint teas - we used to grow and dry our own mint tea when I was growing up, so it has a nostalgic sense to it.

I never liked the taste of coffee at all, but I LOVE the smell of it!  Mmmm!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2020, 03:28:23 PM »
Twinings lapsang souchong, which I leave to brew for a good long while to get it as smokey as possible.

Thank you for introducing me to this. I bought a box and it arrived today, I'm having my first cup. The smell alone! Do you know how much I spend on candles that smell like this?! Now I can drink it! It's delicious! It reminds me a bit of sassafras bark but better. I think I'll add a little bit of creamer to it. I still love chai but I'm keeping this in my cupboard going forward as long as it doesn't hurt my stomach.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2020, 12:48:18 AM »
With nothing in them, and very strong- for both.
Ironically I used to work at a tea factory, and yet really am not a fan of any tea except for simple black, green, & english breakfast.
However, of those three, I LOVE them.

I also LOVE coffee, black, or with a small splash of milk in it. (cow or vegan, but no creamer stuff.)

I used to be a coffee/tea fiend. I'd brew pot after pot and just keep drinking them; I'm not much of a snacker but I'm a huge drink-drinker and always have at least one sort of drink with me, even if it's just water.

But it started severely affecting my (already awful) anxiety, and I'd end up nauseous & with the shakes all the time, lol. Not intentionally, I just love coffee & tea that much lol.
(I used to be known as a coffee fiend at one of my old jobs. I had a giant mug that could literally fit a pot of coffee in it, I'd bring it in with me in the morning and have it done by lunch, everyday. Then fill the mug back up with water and drink endless amounts of those until I went home, lol.)

I rarely drink them anymore, but if I want to really gulp them down, I try to stick to decaf- unless I'm only having a cup or two, and then I want it STRONG lol. Out of all of those, the one I drink the most still is black tea, iced and unsweetened.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 12:55:41 AM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2020, 06:28:19 AM »
Twinings lapsang souchong, which I leave to brew for a good long while to get it as smokey as possible.

Thank you for introducing me to this. I bought a box and it arrived today, I'm having my first cup. The smell alone! Do you know how much I spend on candles that smell like this?! Now I can drink it! It's delicious! It reminds me a bit of sassafras bark but better. I think I'll add a little bit of creamer to it. I still love chai but I'm keeping this in my cupboard going forward as long as it doesn't hurt my stomach.

I'm very glad that you're enjoying it! :)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 09:09:30 PM »
I like my tea iced with sugar.
My coffee has to be hot and black unless it is the kind that tastes "burnt". I like pumpkin spice, cappuccino and latte flavor too.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2020, 10:20:57 AM »
I'm a teadrinker and have never enjoyed coffee. Mild coffee flavour is good in some chocolate pralines but it's rare I eat those.

My daily go to tea is Twinings green tea lemon in bag. I average 20 cups a week on that alone. But I also drink a lot of other tea during the week. In the fall/early winter I like teas with berry flavours, one teashop has a wonderful mixture of loose tea with blue berries (blueberry, blackberries and black currant) and I like Liptons pyramid tea with raspberry and blueberry.
Around christmas I like I good Roibos and during summer green tea with lemon grass and peach (this one is so delicious, but soo expensive).
When I'm feeling cold I have a nice loose tea with cherry and ginger that feels so good for a soar throat and when I'm eating something sweet (like chocolate) I prefer Earl Grey. In this one I can add a teaspoon of honey if I'm a bit cold as well but will not have chocolate then.

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2021, 10:33:42 PM »
Coffee or Tea? ...Yes!

Gimme.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2021, 04:05:00 PM »
I have both but defo more tea
coffee - Nescafe instant or flavoured coffee sachets -half coffee half milk xylitol sweetener

tea- clipper tea bags (organic and fair-trade)  - bag in cup ,add hot water ,stir ,squeeze bag, half tea half milk and xylitol sweetener

biscuits for dunking 

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »
I'm usually sensitive to coffee so I prefer tea. I like Twining's Earl Grey tea, Celestial Seasonings Honey Chamomile and Peppermint teas, and I will never forget the luscious jasmine pearl tea I had when I visited a teahouse in China. I like my Earl Grey with a little Coffeemate in the morning, two bags for max strength, maybe a cup later on with some cookies, and then the Celestial Seasonings at night.

Now I am tempted to make some tea while I write my novel tonight! :3
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal