collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coffee or tea? How do you enjoy it?  (Read 3223 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Coffee or tea? How do you enjoy it?
« on: December 10, 2020, 03:41:37 PM »
Hello :) Usually when I wake up I have a cup or two of coffee. Right now I'm drinking Wal-Mart brand classic roast and a mocha infused coffee that is actually very good. I have a regular cheapo Mr. Coffee maker, so the coffee is grounds. I'd like to get a grinder and taste test some nicer brands, but I can't afford it at the moment. The Wal-Mart coffee isn't bad but I haven't tasted too many "good" coffees. Depending on the coffee I'll drink it with some creamer or black. I weened myself off sugar in it a while ago.

I'm enjoying a nice cup of Twinings Chai tea right now. I grew up on tea bags, and yes I dunk them :P I also leave them in the cup instead of letting them steep for however minutes and take them out. I've just always done it that way. I have had loose leaf tea though. My mom used to drink it all the time but she stuck with Oolong tea. I had gotten her various kinds to try, one was apparently the most popular tea in England. It was so strong! We couldn't drink it :blush: Another one I had gotten was a Russian tea (my mom's side of the family is Russian) and it was really good. It had a complex flavor.

I drink more coffee than tea but it wasn't always that way. I started drinking coffee regularly just a couple of years ago. My go-to tea is Lipton but I enjoy a lot of the Twinings flavors and herbal tea. Last night I had some chamomile, vanilla and honey to settle my stomach.

What do you drink and how do you prefer it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Coffee or tea? How do you enjoy it?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 06:10:57 PM »
Not functional without coffee

Same! I'm not getting out of bed unless there is coffee.

I've tried some of the more expensive coffee brands but I prefer the store brand from our grocery store. Pre-ground beans not freeze dried. The expensive brands are overrated IMO. What makes the most difference to me is just adding more scoops of coffee grounds. Also using filtered water helps the taste.

We usually buy the coffee already ground because our grinder broke. It actually started smoking one day and died. Lasted a few months so waste of $$.

I like Chai tea but i usually only drink tea when i'm sick. if i drink it when i'm well i start to feel sick
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 06:15:41 PM »
I don't need caffeine and I can't stand the taste of coffee, so I'm a tea person all the way. ^.^ I am constantly drinking mint tea of some sort and in the morning, I've started enjoying seasonal flavors of black and green teas with some milk. I used to drink tea with sugar, but I adjusted myself to the taste of black tea without it, and it was probably one of my better decisions.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 07:01:41 PM »
With sugar and deliciously flavoured coffee creamers, like hazelnut, Bailey's, Sweet Italian, etc.

Or iced. That's good too.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 07:04:00 PM »
My Twilight Sparkle mug is for my cappuccino (I usually cheat out of packets but when I have large amounts of milk I mix half instant coffee & water, half heated milk foamed up with a thingie I can use to foam it up) every morning (I mean when I wake & have breakfast).

I don't agree with tannin, whether in red wine or in tea, so I avoid both
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 09:14:01 PM »
Coffee...black. No particular brand; I think my husband just buys Folgers in bulk from Sam's Club. Once in a while I'll make a Keurig pod, which is considerably better stuff, or we'll brew a pot of whatever premium grounds we have laying around, as a treat.

I can't drink tea. I used to drink it until I was pregnant with my firstborn; I gave up coffee during my pregnancy in favor of herbal teas, and now I can't stomach it without being reminded of feeling sick and extra smell-sensitive. Except unsweetened iced tea, I'll still drink that in the summertime.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 09:34:42 PM »
Coffee all the way, although I don't mind good tea from time to time. I like my coffee black as night, but sometimes I will also add powdered creamer, most of the time I only add sugar though. Sometimes I will order something fancier like latte or frappe, but I see it more as a treat type of thing.
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 12:51:27 AM »
I drink both tea and coffee. And kombucha, which is fermented tea :)

Tea I drink most kinds, but prefer fruity, mint/choc and floral teas. I like to go for herbal or decaf in the evenings (since I caffeinate a lot throughout the days, haha, I have a hard time sleeping otherwise), which is usually something containing mint. Right now we have mint/cocoa nib/chamomile/lemon verbena and it's de-li-cious! But my favourite might time teas are by Celestial teas. Their vanilla nighttime is yum!
Oh, and tea I drink as it is, nothing added to it. maybe a spoon of honey if under the weather.

Coffee, I drink with oat milk, or black. Have to have it in the morning. We buy pre-ground, medium-roast and use french press. The go to is a swedish brand called Arvid Nordqvist, but my favourite coffee treat is the Medieval week special blend from a place called Kränku tea & coffee shop. Pretty pricey, but SO GOOD. (and part of the money goes to keeping Medieval Week happening year after year, which is my favourite event, so that's a bonus ^^)
We used to have one of those pod machines, husband got it for xmas from his job one year, but they stopped making pods for our model, I think. they're really obscure and hard to find these days. Just as well, it's bad for the environment... but that was some seriously good coffee x)

Kombucha, I make with just regular breakfast tea (a common brand, mixed with - again - Kränku. SO a bit pricey there as well, but such good quality. Not sponsored, just a massive fan!) - loose leaf. Then add flavourings in the second fermentation :) My recent favourite is grape + mulled wine spices. Actually about to bottle up a batch of mulled wine spice booch today ^^

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 02:55:50 AM »
I live on iced tea and hot tea at night.  I drink my coffee like I'm 5 with  a bunch of creamer and sugar, but mainly only drink frappuccinos.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 04:15:29 AM »
I like both! I consider myself a coffee person since I have coffee daily, morning coffee is a must! :awake: I typically have a second/third cup at lunch time or in the afternoon but I sometimes skip it, trying to reduce my coffee intake for both health and ecological reasons... I like standard filter coffee which I take with milk (oat milk preferably). We usually buy Arvid Nordqvist or Löfbergs fair trade coffee. At a cafe I usually go for cappuccino or latte. Takeout coffee isn't really something I do, ever, except when travelling.

I enjoy tea also and often have a cup of herbal/fruit tea in the evening. I like all kinds of tea but it's tough to fit caffeinated tea into my daily schedule... so I sometimes drink black or green tea in the evening even though it affects my sleep. I buy loose tea from local suppliers (there's one who personally imports quality tea from Asia) but often resort to bagged tea. Pucca and Clipper are some of my favourite brands but I'm not too picky, I'll buy Twinings or some other cheaper brand if the flavour sounds appealing. One of my absolute favourites is one that sadly isn't available here: Sainsbury's Blackberry, Apple, Beetroot and Ginger infusion. :lol: I always pick up a box or two when I visit the UK! (Perhaps I should arrange a swap with someone here...  :P )

Kombucha is nice but I don't think it agrees with me, haha. In the summer I sometimes make unsweetened iced tea with fresh ginger and lemon. I rarely buy iced teas, though, as I can't stand how sweet they tend to be. I don't drink many sugary drinks anyway, I'd rather take my sugar in edible form. :D

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 09:00:29 AM »
It's interesting how something so common can be individual to a person :)

Kombucha I've heard of but didn't know what it was exactly. Sounds interesting. I would give it a try!

My sister has a Keruig and that was the first time I ever had Starbucks coffee (though I'm familiar with their ice cream). It was really delicious! I can't remember the kind we had though, I think it was a breakfast blend. I like dark roast coffee too. I think this mocha one I'm drinking today is a dark roast.

I live on iced tea and hot tea at night.  I drink my coffee like I'm 5 with  a bunch of creamer and sugar, but mainly only drink frappuccinos.

My family were big iced tea drinkers when I was a kid. I can't stand it now but I used to drink it a lot. And haha! That's how I took my coffee when I first started drinking it :D

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 09:10:29 AM »
I do not like either. But my dad likes coffee so my sisters and I got him an automatic bean grinder for Christmas!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
I don't typically care for either. Well, I've never had coffee, but it's one of those things you just know.  :silly:

A couple of years ago I did start trying mint teas and did end up liking them. I haven't had any in a long time, though.

I just used tea bags. My parents have Keurig machines but I never could find a mint tea for that, so, eh.

|My Collection|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2020, 01:54:47 PM »
Both!

Ground coffee beans brewed in a cafetiere, first thing in the morning, with a measure of milk that has been heated in the microwave and then made foamy with a hand-held frother. Costa sell their regular and a Colombian version of their coffee in the supermarket, which is very nice; Aldi Colombian is very good, too!

Thereafter, I am caffeine-free, so it's good old decaf teabag tea - used to be strong Assam in my caffeine days, but now I am on decaf Earl Grey, which has a sweet bergamot aroma; a blob of honey goes well with it! Yes, I have a bit of milk added to it, unless I turn it into a lemon tea by adding a slice of lemon instead!

Yogi Egyptian tea with liquorice makes me feel a warm buzz inside, too!

When I worked in an office we drank tea constantly, we made lazy tea i.e. leaving the teabag in the mug and drinking it while it was still in there  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal