collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mercari fraud question  (Read 1917 times)

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Mercari fraud question
« on: August 19, 2021, 04:50:33 PM »
Ok so I’m fairly new to mercari so I don’t know all the rules but a seller accidentally sent my Cha Cha Llama to a girl who had purchased 4 ponies and the seller sent me her (the other buyer’s) Spunky the camel. Needless to say the seller and I are both devastated..the other buyer accepted the order yesterday and left feedback saying “They are wonderful! Thank you so much :)” so she fully intends on keeping Cha Cha :( the seller has been desperately messaging her and she’s not responding. Is there anything the seller can do?? Or not really since she can’t really prove she sent it to her. Either way the buyer knows what she is doing and is a seasoned collector so it’s clearly not a mistake…I’m going to return spunky and she will refund me obviously but I’m heartbroken for her..that is a BIG loss :(  I’m hoping if mercari pressures her she will come clean but I highly doubt they will or that she would be honest at this point.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 06:22:01 PM by blondee1982 »

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mercari fraud question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 07:05:00 PM »
Moved to Trader Support for you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 07:16:28 PM »
Thank you!! I wasn’t sure where to post!  :lol:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 09:36:12 AM »
Unfortunately I don't think Mercari can force the reciever to ship ChaCha back. That's a very tricky situation and it's unfortunate to hear someone is falsely keeping her.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
I think the only thing that can happen is that the seller leaves her a bad review?  I'm not sure about that.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 10:08:19 AM »
Unfortunately I don't think Mercari can force the reciever to ship ChaCha back. That's a very tricky situation and it's unfortunate to hear someone is falsely keeping her.

I think you are 100% right..It’s so sad, I’m slowly losing faith in people once again, I shouldn’t say that but it’s true. I’m definitely going to see if she can be added to the bad buyer/seller list if it still exists

Post Merge: August 20, 2021, 10:10:59 AM

I think the only thing that can happen is that the seller leaves her a bad review?  I'm not sure about that.

Oh good one! So I just checked and sadly she rated her yesterday before I had contacted her to let her know about the mistake…I think she *may be able to message mercari to change her rating possibly? I told her to check and see, I sure hope so !
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 10:10:59 AM by blondee1982 »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 08:26:08 AM »
I had this happen to me once as a seller, when I sent the wrong MOC outfit (I sent a collection one instead of a trade one.) It was a MOC I'd got at an early pony meet so I was angry - the buyer flat refused to return it and got quite nasty though, so there was nothing I could do in the end.

I wish you the best with this. I feel like it's sad a collector would do this, knowing it is a mistake. It is essentially stealing, because they are keeping something that belongs to someone else :/ But unfortunately there are a small number of unscrupulous people in the collecting community :(

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 10:19:46 AM »
Very sad... and it's so easy to just make a new account... scammers do it all the time... :( 
which has made keeping my Bad Seller List just about impossible... especially when so many sales are made on social media, with no feedback feature...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2021, 12:16:10 PM »
Thank you all! Well we are SOL for lack of a better term, she gets to keep the stolen pony and the seller is out the full cost  :( Mercari can’t do anything about it, they also don’t let sellers change the feedback. It’s so frustrating! Your so right lovesbabysquirmy there will always be an issue and they will continue their shifty ways be creating new accounts, grr! Wish I could have gotten her pony before she got mine, then the seller could have known before rating her! Darn! Oh well, just have to keep being a good person and know that karma does exist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal